Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "I Am the Doorway" Project

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Default "I Am the Doorway" Project

Okay...I'm working on a couple more drawing from IATD. It's one of my favorite King stories. It frightens me for the same reason "Grey Matter", and "The Raft" frighten me. The source of terror in these stories is completely unknown. It's not something we're familiar with. We don't know what it is.

I've decided that I want to do a full comic book adaptation of this. One draing here, one drawing there, until they come together to form a story. I've also decided that I would like to make this a DarkTower.com project. I waould like feedback, ideas, and storyboard from those who wish to participate.

Ultimately, I'll be piecing together what I feel is best. I would like to have several DT.com projects going all the time. It would be something that would bring the community together that we can have fun with. It would also be fun to put together a collection of short stories by Forum Members. Since I'm helming this one, I'll let someone else take the wheel on that one. I hope to see a thread about it pop up soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, everyone!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I must say you are a great guy, Grillslinger.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea Grillslinger, my feed back is yours

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Well thank you so much, Letti! That made my day!

Storyslinger...like I said...not just feedback, I hope to get your ideas as well. Even storyboards if you have a great idea for how a certain part of the story should be framed.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

My brain is your to pick

Here are two more pages....the first one is finished...the second has a lot of empty space, but I'm not sure what to do with it...any suggestions?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the empty space is what adds the suspense to the picture, if you try to add too much more, you'll be drawn away from the main point

great work though

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not scared easily... but these pictures about scare the hell out of me.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

i dig the empty space. and i've never read this story, but i'm already terrified of it. Great effing imagery. great pencil work. i really like the shading as well.

keep it up, Grillslinger!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, leave the white space.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Okay guys....the last drawing....I felt the guys head was a little big so I did some correction in photoshop. I'd like to hear your opinions on which version is better.

Do you prefer the one above...or the is one?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I never noticed that before, but I think it looks better now

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, better.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

those drawings are friggin sweet, really creepy to i like that

Country
    Country Flag

Both of them are way too scary for my weak nervous system.

One more...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Disturbing.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, this new one is quite intresting, great work

Country
    Country Flag

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Wow excellent work !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow grillslinger these are amazing drawings

Here are a couple more. I figure I'll eventually shrink these images down to individual frames and use Photoshop to arrange them on a page. I've never done this before, so I'm learning as I go.

Country
    Country Flag

Do you draw them from your heart or do you use human models... pictures?
    It might be a silly question, sotty.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Great drawings though, keep up the good work

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very impressive!
    please, continue :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast