Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Tie Breaker! Which one will advance?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Henry II (The Lion in Winter)

5 21.74%
  • Dracula (Dracula - 1931)

18 78.26%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMCOAT - TIE BREAKER! Round 1, Group I

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMCOAT - TIE BREAKER! Round 1, Group I

Henry II (The Lion in Winter)

Dracula (Dracula - 1931)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

dr acu laaa ha ha ha (oh my word that sounds more like the count from sesame street)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Henry, of course

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Henry, of course
    I have to agree (you knew I would).
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

alucard
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Henry, of course
    I have to agree (you knew I would).
    Bears wonder who the third nerd could be - there are three votes

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

voted for dracula but I would like to make it known that I consider Christopher Lee to be a far better dracula than bela
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of Draculas are better than Bela. I think its more about the character and the impact that character had. Bela was just a vehicle. Because of that I voted Dracula too. As much of a fan I am of Lion in Winter and Peter O'Toole I can't deny the fact that most people have never heard of that movie whereas Dracula is iconic.

Actually, I'm a little ashamed that I didn't offer up Peter O'Toole's TE Lawrence as one of the greatest movie characters.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Actually, I'm a little ashamed that I didn't offer up Peter O'Toole's TE Lawrence as one of the greatest movie characters.

neither did I! shame on us

better luck next year

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I think characters with single films are stronger because there is less of a chance of their becoming a parody of themselves. There are many nominations here that I loved in the first movie, but sequels made me ignore them. I had to consider the character as a whole.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

With Dracula, I've never even really cared for the novel.

I do think that a case could be made that, since having "a deep impact on cinema as a whole" was one of the criteria which feev originally set forth, a character with a high enough high point may still qualify when taken as a whole, even if it is one that has many low points.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    With Dracula, I've never even really cared for the novel.

I do think that a case could be made that, since having "a deep impact on cinema as a whole" was one of the criteria which feev originally set forth, a character with a high enough high point may still qualify when taken as a whole, even if it is one that has many low points.
    I would consider those many, many low points as part of the impact since an impact can be positive or negative.

<---super duper massively hardcore horror fan

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dracula advances!

Country
    Country Flag

oops...

+ Reply to Thread