Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One time name change--titles are by post count

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default One time name change--titles are by post count

I've gotten a few questions on this so I thought I might start a thread.

The member titles (fully little thing under your av) were developed by Aaron and Hannah and are very funny, as a few of you have seen, cool stuff pops in and out--sometimes for only one post. Sometimes its the same for very long stretches.

You can buy the ability to change your member title in the Beam Bucks Store

Your member name is not something we wanted to change. I feel like it really becomes a part of how people identify with you and it gets a little confusing over the years, who is who.

However, with that being said, I have decided I will let everyone do it once because sometimes people don't have a chance to think it through at registration.

So let me know if you would like it changed. We will require a "formally known as" type thing in your sig for a few weeks just so everyone gets the word. Could also post it here
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this the same thing that I PM'd you about? If so, you already know mine.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've gotten a few questions on this so I thought I might start a thread.

1. The member titles (fully little thing under your av) were developed by Aaron and Hannah and are very funny, as a few of you have seen, cool stuff pops in and out--sometimes for only one post. Sometimes its the same for very long stretches.

Your member name is not something we wanted to change. I feel like it really becomes a part of how people identify with you and it gets a little confusing over the years, who is who.

2. However, with that being said, I have decided I will let everyone do it once because sometimes people don't have a chance to think it through at registration.

So let me know if you would like it changed.
    3. We will require a "formally known as" type thing in your sig for a few weeks just so everyone gets the word. Could also post it here
    1. It rocks.

2. Good idea. I mean I can understand it. I heard the same, sometimes people can't stand their member name. It's a good thing to give a chance to everyone who would like to change it. *nods*

3. And this is my favourite. This idea is great, too.

Roland would have understood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I put The Artist formally known as Gold Dust?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Is this the same thing that I PM'd you about? If so, you already know mine.
    actually, that was your member title, its an automatic

this is about your member name and if you wanted it changed--(one time only)
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You are a man of the people, Matt; a great humanitarian; generous and wise.

Personally I hope some people use this option to go by their real names.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Frankland Georgeitza Optimo Hoover Bean?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No thanks, I just ate.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CK, maybe you can take up this offer and change your name to Ageless's CSH name for you?
    Either that or "Spoon-Eater."
    Just a thought.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Good plan, Hannah and Aaron. I like the randomness.

I will enjoy being JFK.
    And enjoy seeing how long I get to be an assasinated president.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

How about

A Red herring...

or

Douglas Adams

or

Oops I did it again?

You know just go crazy! I would love to pick random member titles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Maera is on a distinguished road Maera's Avatar

I'd like to change my name if that's possible.. I posted on .net under this name, but there's a much m ore prolific poster on here by the name of Maerlyn, so, I'd like mine changed to just Maera if that's possible..

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Maera!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hi Patrick! =D

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you here, please jump in anywhere anytime!

I'm sure a Director will be along at some point to make your name change.

Thanks. ^_^
    I just think it'll make things less confusing. I tried to pick an avatar that would remind people it's me, and when I can figure out how to get a signature I'll make that distinctive too, but in the mean time.. *Shrug*

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You get signature and PM capability as soon as you hit the five post mark (to discourage PM spammers). You're there now.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hello Maera! I am going to go do your name change right now.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Hello Maera! I am going to go do your name change right now.
    See? I told you.

Wow, talk about quick service!
    Thankya big-big, Hannah.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

That's why they call me "Hot Hands Hannah."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am soooo not going to touch that line.

My Mood
    Amused

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Maera! Wow! So wonderful to see you lovely face here.

Roland would have understood.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast