Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Site problems

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I'm going to give it a try for awhile before making a snap judgement like Daghain.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When you click on discussion in a wiki article, the whole discussion comes up. I'm confused as to why it wouldn't work the same way in the Baronies. Or I'm missing something.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

CK, you suck.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    CK, you suck.
    *sigh* I know.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    When you click on discussion in a wiki article, the whole discussion comes up. I'm confused as to why it wouldn't work the same way in the Baronies. Or I'm missing something.
    As far as I know they work the exact same. If you go into towerpedia!, choose an article, you only see it. You have to click on "comments" or "discussion" to see the posts.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, but you see all the posts.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are actually threads, I believe the posts are still hidden.

Until now

I made the change across the board to see if we liked that better. Go have a look at any of the threads in say...Book 7 and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Those are actually threads, I believe the posts are still hidden.

Until now

I made the change across the board to see if we liked that better. Go have a look at any of the threads in say...Book 7 and let me know what you think.
    Okay..on my way...

Alright, I like that better. I'm still not sure the "why" of this change, but I'm starting to get used to it. Don't know if I'll like it as much as the normal format but like I said I'll try it for awhile and see.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awful big of you Matthew.

Yeah, just watch me being magnanimus..

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As to the reason it was done, I think its important for me as the administrator to constantly look for ways to stay on the technology edge with the site and also make sure we have room to grow.

The perks for this particular one is that anytime someone mentions one of the books on the site, it will autolink them to a discussions on said book.

Gotcha. Just giving feedback!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And I totally appreciate it. I tried to make a thread to explain the whole thing but I understand there is always questions after the fact.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, change it back, please. Did you see the Towerpedia? It has the article and the thread directly underneath it. It looks really unprofessional, IMHO.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well there you go

Its one way or the other folks.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Figures. I vote for my way.

Seriously, I prefer the Towerpedia to have the more professional, "slicker" look - I think it distinguishes it from the threads. Also, since not all entries will have discussion threads, it may become confusing for the users.

Just my two cents.

<--- Daghain's two cent piece.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet.

As an alternate suggestion, we could put the Baronies threads back the way they were, and I could put a page for each book with synopsys and links to Tower Connections and thread location on the main Towerpedia list.

Or as another alternate suggestion we could just let Matt wreak havoc and ruin a perfectly good section of the message board with his nonsensical ideas?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or, we could just stop talking about The Dark Tower altogether as it isn't really that great of a book or series.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Or, we could just stop talking about The Dark Tower altogether as it isn't really that great of a book or series.
    Monte's onto something with this...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Tough crowd.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast