Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Auto-motivated

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auto-motivated

The sentence can be completed with a car or travel-related word or name. How many can you fill in?

1. The home video of the children running the hundred-yard _____ them to death. [razz - dash bored/dashboard]

2. Why _____ be the only freeze-dried orange juice product that this store sells? must Tang/Mustang

3. Most trombones have slides, but some have _____. [Jon - valves/valves]

4. They drove from Cannes to _____ their French Riviera honeymoon. [Jean - Nice on/Nissan]

5. It takes a lot of selling off of stocks to _____ market into a bear market. convert a bull/convertible

6. Did a realtor negotiate the sale of the _____ Chemical Company bought for its largest factory? land Dow/Landau

7. The merchant hoped that most of the sailors in the _____ be regular customers when they came back to their home port. [Jon & Jean - fleet would/Fleetwood]

8. Movie fans watched Richard _____ from being a heartthrob in Pretty Woman to being a villain in Nowhere to Hide. [Jean - Gere shift/gearshift]

9. Travel guides usually _____ rates for the hotels they describe. show room/showroom

10. Did _____ Larry and Curly a lot of stories? [razz - Moe tell/motel]

11. At news conferences, politicians tend to _____ difficult questions. dodge/Dodge

12. It's difficult for accountants to take long _____ during tax season. breaks/brakes

13. At the director's convention, some people heard Federico Fellini and Carlo _____ all night long about their past accomplishments. [Jean - Ponti yack/Pontiac]

14. The poker player stayed in the pot with only an ace ____ too long. high way/highway

15. Will the rancher to whom you sold the diseased _____ your neck when he finds out the truth? steer wring/steering

16. The more conservative horse racing gambler might say, "When you're at the ____ the long shots and just bet on the favorites." track shun/traction

17. Frank Sinatra sang, "When I was seventeen, it was a very _____." [razz - good year/Goodyear]

18. Can a salesperson who is _____ as well as one who is wordy? terse sell/Tercell

19. Did her Siamese ____ hole in her sweater when he scratched it? [razz - cat tear a/Catera]

20. I don't want to hear another _____ story. [Jon - sob/Saab]
    Last edited by Maturins_Daughter; 09-02-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Done

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

1. The home video of the children running the hundred-yard dashboard them to death.

10. Did motel Larry and Curly a lot of stories?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4. Nice on (Nissan)

8. Gere/Gear shift [bears are not sure about this one]

13. Ponti yack (Pontiac)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Off to a good start, razz and Jean

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

19. Did her Siamese Catera hole in her sweater when he scratched it?

17. Frank Sinatra sang, "When I was seventeen, it was a very Goodyear."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another one down!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Valves

20. Saab
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And two more bite the dust. Keep it up!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

#7. Fleet?

#15. Ring? Crane?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're kinda close on both of those, Jon.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

7 - fleetwood (fleet would)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Great game Bonnie, I will return to play....now off to work !!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Jean sneaks one in under Jon's nose!

See you soon, alinda!

Country
    Country Flag

I actually think number 7 goes to Jon, bears wouldn't have guessed by themselves (they don't know shit about automobiles)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'll give you both half credit then

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And to finish this one off:

2. Why _____ be the only freeze-dried orange juice product that this store sells? must Tang/Mustang

5. It takes a lot of selling off of stocks to _____ market into a bear market. convert a bull/convertible

6. Did a realtor negotiate the sale of the _____ Chemical Company bought for its largest factory? land Dow/Landau

9. Travel guides usually _____ rates for the hotels they describe. show room/showroom

11. At news conferences, politicians tend to _____ difficult questions. dodge/Dodge

12. It's difficult for accountants to take long _____ during tax season. breaks/brakes

14. The poker player stayed in the pot with only an ace ____ too long. high way/highway

15. Will the rancher to whom you sold the diseased _____ your neck when he finds out the truth? steer wring/steering

16. The more conservative horse racing gambler might say, "When you're at the ____ the long shots and just bet on the favorites." track shun/traction

18. Can a salesperson who is _____ as well as one who is wordy? terse sell/Tercell

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Please find others, Ma'am.