Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Fallout 3

Welcome, wastelanders!

I figured since this game is so popular, and the amount of content found within the game can fill volumes, we might as well have a thread for it. We can discuss strategies, side msisions, discovered secrets etc.

How many hours have you plugged into it? What are your favorite weapons? Preferred armor?

Also - Please be sure to mark your spoilers!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Like I mentioned, I think the thread is a good idea. I'm a complete newb and just got the game today though I've been watching game play footage and salivating for awhile now. I look forward to logging in some hours and hearing from other players.

From a philosophical perspective, the dichotomy of 50's era American Exceptionalism and the reality of a nuclear fallout is intriguing. That's what got me interested in this game but I don't want to post a wall of text right yet. I've got a brand new massive action rpg to play.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Oh thanks a fucking lot!
    I borrowed the game from a friend months ago, and just uninstalled it yesterday

Some of the DLC is shit. Like this Pit, that just sucked. Operation Anchorage was okay, but lagged the shit out of my computer. But hey, it gave me stealth armor and the gauss rifle ^_^

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I borrowed this game from my bro-bro like six months ago. I started playing it a lot about two months ago. I love it!

I was telling Feev about the alien blaster, which my brother helped me find. I believe it's northwest of the minefield - somewhere in that area anyways. You only get limited alien energy fuel cells for it, and I haven't found anymore yet, but I use it sparingly. It'll pretty much take down any human enemy with one shot to the head in VATS.

Oh, as far as armor, right now I have the Ranger Armor. I repair it using Talon Merc armor, which I get from going to Fort Bannister and killing a few Talon Mercs and taking their armor and then getting out of there. They're like my own little armory, they just don't know it yet.

Also, I have the kneecapper shotgun, which I like. I made all the schematic weapons but wasn't too happy with any of them. My favorite is the Rock-It Launcher.

Oh, and I'm a good karma girl.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yeah, I never blew up megaton <.<

actually, there's two alien blasters. One's a random encounter where a ship explodes overhead, and you can get a new blaster and some cells.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I haven't had a random alien ship explode over me yet.

just wander around randomly, it will happen ^_^

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How many hours were you into it [approximately] when the ship appeared?

I had 70 hours before I uninstalled, but the event happens randomly. I can't remember when, but it was somewhere between when
    Spoiler:
    the Dad died (The Waters of Life), and when you destroy the Citadel (Finding the Garden of Eden)

Oh yeah, looked it up, and the name of the Blaster is the "Firelance"
    Last edited by fernandito; 08-07-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Spoilers!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit, I was just about 70 hours into the game when I completed the main story and decided to start a new one

I heard about that alien weapon ... I stopped looking for it when I found out that it had limited ammunition, deeming it not worth the time and effort to find it, but from what Hannah is saying it's a pretty bad ass weapon. I'll look for it on this playthrough

It's not that hard to find, actually. the crashed ship is north of Minefield and almost directly west of Greener Pastures Waste disposal.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great game. I played the 360 version though so it was slightly buggy but i loved it none the less.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

did anyone find the Regulator camp. i could never get to it, every time i got within ten yards of it my 360 would freeze up and i would have to restart it each time...went at it from different angles as well. don't have the game anymore but was wondering if anyone had the same issues

Does whatever a spiderman does.

not at the regulator camp (where was that?)
    I was on PC, and I couldn't reach the rooftop shacks east of Oasis, or cross the river a distance north of the memorial, OR reach the alien crash site from Greener Pastures without the game freezing. <.<

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Regulator camp was where you took fingers of bad guys to get the bounty on them. its a skill or something like that, that gets the location on the map. it was almost at the bottom southwest center of the map.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

oh right. I never had problems with it

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm one of those few lucky ones...I've very rarely had a freeze on my copy for the 360.

Has anyone tried out the new add-on? Mothership Zeta?

I can't believe how quickly they're churning these DLC packs out...also, does anyone know if that GOTY edition is coming with all the DLC? Or just up to a certain point?

I already decided that I'm just going to re-buy the GOTY edition when it comes out, instead of paying here and there for the DLC. It's a bit more costly, but my Fallout 3 disc was used when I bought it, and it's getting pretty haggard and scratchy at a slightly alarming rate, so it wouldn't hurt to get a new copy.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Sig, you might as well just wait for the GOTY edition.

Does anyone know if there is any vendor in the game that sells Bobby Pins?

I think Crazy Wolfgang sold one or two later, after you pay in Canterbury commons to expand the Caravans. And Moira in Megaton Might.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    did anyone find the Regulator camp. i could never get to it, every time i got within ten yards of it my 360 would freeze up and i would have to restart it each time...went at it from different angles as well. don't have the game anymore but was wondering if anyone had the same issues
    I never had this problem. The problem I did have though, is that the chick that buys the fingers disappeared after a while. I have no idea where she went, but right now I have 59 fingers and no one to sell them to.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I think Crazy Wolfgang sold one or two later, after you pay in Canterbury commons to expand the Caravans. And Moira in Megaton Might.
    Moira has never sold bobbypins as far as I know, and I couldn't find a caravan person who sold them either. I usually just save right before I lockpick so if I break a bobbypin I just reload the game and do it again perfectly so I don't waste them. Kind of a cheap trick, but oh well.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I recruited Dogmeat, and I was happy to have him at my side because I didn't pick him up on my last playthrough. He died on me twice (I would reload my last save file) and after the third time he died on me, I just kept going because 1) I had progressed too far since my last save and didn't want to lose all that work and 2) He was just too much of a fucking liability

I didn't know Dogmeat could die, I thought he was set as a priority character (like the dad)

My Mood
    Amused

How do you recruit Dogmeat? I just got rid of Charon (he annoyed me), and I need a new follower before I take that chick in the Citadel with me.

Dogmeat shows up at the junkyard south of Minefield. He's usually to the top right of the junkyard fighting raiders. If he's not there, he'll probably randomly find you in the wasteland. just make sure you don't shoot him or else he runs away and never returns

My Mood
    Amused

sweet, now if paris wasn't watching secrets of magic revealed I could actually play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast