Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarah Connor (Terminator 2)

8 28.57%
  • Geoffrey (The Lion in Winter)

1 3.57%
  • Bill Munny (Unforgiven)

4 14.29%
  • Juno (Juno)

2 7.14%
  • Rick Blaine (Casablanca)

1 3.57%
  • Michael Corleone (Godfather)

5 17.86%
  • Gny. Sgt. Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)

4 14.29%
  • Raoul Duke (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

3 10.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMCOAT - Round 1, Group C

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    There are other ways to make a great character than developing a good person.

Bill Munny is fascinating to me. His most admirable trait may be his own self-loathing. Most of his character development occurs offscreen, before the film's beginning, and other characters sort of steal the show. If not for the star power of Eastwood, and our awareness of his directing, the understated Munny might have meant less on a human level. Still, this is a truly deep character from a great script.
    thank you. i was beginning to think the entire world had gone insane. this is a fantastic movie and his character is wonderful. the shifts he makes from beginning to end, the journey you know his character went through but you never got to see, then the journey you see him make back to killer - his worst fear realized. and he comes back from it. that's a fucking character.

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    What fascinates me the most about Raoul Duke is his complete realization that he's on a relentless path to his own self destruction, and his complete indifference to it. One of his best lines in the movie is "I know it was a crime, I did it anyway. Shit, look at me, I'm a fucking criminal."

I think you're mistaken my friend. I don't think he was indifferent to his decline at all. I think he embraced it and was rushing toward it with glee.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, cool, I can accept that

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Somebody else needs to vote for Bill Munny. I didn't think he would make it out of the first round but it would be worse for him to come so close and not make it.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

"It's me, Geoffrey. I'm all you've got."
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*BUMP*

This poll is closing tomorrow at noon! Lets get those votes in!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Somebody else needs to vote for Bill Munny. I didn't think he would make it out of the first round but it would be worse for him to come so close and not make it.
    You're right. Sorry to have put it off, after what I said, but, seriously, if anybody here has never seen Casablanca, you really should.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie real View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    There are other ways to make a great character than developing a good person.

Bill Munny is fascinating to me. His most admirable trait may be his own self-loathing. Most of his character development occurs offscreen, before the film's beginning, and other characters sort of steal the show. If not for the star power of Eastwood, and our awareness of his directing, the understated Munny might have meant less on a human level. Still, this is a truly deep character from a great script.
    thank you. i was beginning to think the entire world had gone insane. this is a fantastic movie and his character is wonderful. the shifts he makes from beginning to end, the journey you know his character went through but you never got to see, then the journey you see him make back to killer - his worst fear realized. and he comes back from it. that's a fucking character.

I know that the world has gone insane. My only question is whether there's still any chance for us to recover.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Advancing from this round :

Sarah Connor (Terminator 2)
    Michael Corleone (Godfather)
    Bill Munny (Unforgiven)
    Gny. Sgt. Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)

-----

Raoul Duke is out ...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Somehow you must see it, dude!
    I can assure you, Brice. I shall see this film.

I just remembered that I saw it at the library. Gotta love the library.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev: I know.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2