Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's N. The Comic Series and Hardcover

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default N

on the website NisHere, we can read:

Yes. Stephen King and Marvel will be releasing a comic book miniseries based on “N.” in early 2009.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

N? I have never heard of that. I'll keep an eye out though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

N. is to be the only "unpublished" story in King's newest collection Just After Sunset, to be published this November.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too sure I'm excited about this one. Don't get me wrong, I love SK and I love comics, it just seems that all of a sudden King is taking over the comic market. The Dark Tower ones were a great idea, and really - who can argue with a book like The Stand being adapted, but I don't want to see every King story as a comic!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I'm not too sure I'm excited about this one. Don't get me wrong, I love SK and I love comics, it just seems that all of a sudden King is taking over the comic market. The Dark Tower ones were a great idea, and really - who can argue with a book like The Stand being adapted, but I don't want to see every King story as a comic!
    King has too many books, but I've seen the problem with Gaiman. Gaiman does comics, and he does text. But every time he creates a novel, the comic industry adapts it into a comic. If Gaiman really wanted that novel to be a comic he would have written it in comic form. The new comic Coraline is ridiculous because it was heavily illustrated as a novel. We didn't really need this, but the comic industry is cashing in. Like they are with King. and why not? The Dark Tower sold like crazy.

Anyway, I watched the first episode of N yesterday. I like the animated format. Looks to be cool!
    Geoff

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    King has too many books, but I've seen the problem with Gaiman. Gaiman does comics, and he does text. But every time he creates a novel, the comic industry adapts it into a comic. If Gaiman really wanted that novel to be a comic he would have written it in comic form. The new comic Coraline is ridiculous because it was heavily illustrated as a novel. We didn't really need this, but the comic industry is cashing in. Like they are with King. and why not? The Dark Tower sold like crazy.

Anyway, I watched the first episode of N yesterday. I like the animated format. Looks to be cool!
    The thing for me is this: a comic version of the Dark Tower gave an opportunity to add to the story. The Stand is just a kick-ass story that will translate well into a comic. And the short films for N is a cool idea and great marketing tool - but why a comic?! I would hope it has to stop somewhere, but like you said, they're cashing in and realistically, we won't stop buying them!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first four episodes today and I'm really enjoying this so far.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Same here.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really intrigued by this. It's hard to wait to see what will happen next!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot believe I am the first one to post this (I think).

In episode #6, the doctor says to maintain observation for code 295.3 symptoms.

2+9+5+3=19

All right Steve...enough with the "19" references!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I cannot believe I am the first one to post this (I think).

In episode #6, the doctor says to maintain observation for code 295.3 symptoms.

2+9+5+3=19

All right Steve...enough with the "19" references!
    Tippy. You need to get out more.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know.

I absolutely hate all the 19s Stephen King fills his books with...but I am compelled to find them.

I guess I am a little like "Patient N".
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you are.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really enjoying this series.

Frankly, I am surprised that there is not more discussion pertaining to it.

http://www.simonsays.com/specials/stephen-king-nishere/
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

The ending is so chilling... that last look into Cthun's face as that creepy demonic music plays... I love it! N is definitely one to look for!

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Crap - I need to go watch the last 3 episodes! (It's been a long week).

I've been in class all week and have been commuting every day. So I have missed all week. I will be catching up this weekend as I am eager to see what has happened.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched the last few episodes and frankly,
    Spoiler:
    I was a little disappointed in the ending - a little too predicatable for me and no big WOW at the end.
    I can't wait, though, to read the story!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

I just finished watching it. Not bad...looking forward to reading it

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just finished watching them all. I really enjoyed it, although I do kinda agree about the ending. I can't wait to read the story now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it possible to watch the entire series as a whole or do I have to watch each episode individually?

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, it's one by one. Unless by some miracle they decide to repost it in toto sometime down the road.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'll just wait for the cd that comes with the Collector's Edition of Just After Sunset.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

It's true about the ending, but it was also just meant as a promo/teaser for the actual story.

Country
    Country Flag

That's not how I understood it, DC. I thought this was the actual full story in graphic form, no?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast