Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

I couldn't find a list of these, so I made one up myself.

STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

For clarity, this is the list of Stephen King published collections:

People, Places & Things Volume 1 [1960]
    Skeleton Crew [1985]
    Night Shift [1978]
    Different Seasons [1982]
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes [1993]
    Creepshow [1982] (Graphic Collection)
    Four Past Midnight [1990]
    Six Stories [1997]
    Hearts in Atlantis [1999]
    Everything's Eventual [2002]
    The Secretary of Dreams Vol 1 [2006] (Graphic Collection)
    Just After Sunset [2008]
    Stephen King Goes to the Movies [2009]
    The Secretary of Dreams Vol 2 [2010] (Graphic Collection)
    Full Dark, No Stars [2010]

Published Short Fiction (Excerpts, poems, screenplays, recipes not included)

The Pit and the Pendulum [1961]
    [Unknown] 20 page short story about fellow classmates taking of the school [1961]
    The Star Invader
    Last edited by Mr. Rabbit Trick; 01-21-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ur, For the Birds, The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson (only in LE of Skeleton Crew, so essentially uncollected for most readers)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good job MrRabbitTrick!

When I saw the name of Bev related to that thread, I thought that he was saying that he was reprinting in his upcomming book a story that would have been discovered

:-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Ur, For the Birds, The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson (only in LE of Skeleton Crew, so essentially uncollected for most readers)
    Bev, wasn't The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson also in the anthology I Shudder At Your Touch?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Sure, but never in a standard King collection. It first appeared in Rolling Stone.

And, actually, some of the material above IS going to be reproduced in my upcoming book. One complete story and parts of another.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

OOOO....CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev. I will add them to the list. (I agree with you about Revelations)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dooda dooda

____

an evening at god's and skybar are the same, right?

you forgot "the general"? except if it's a screenplay, i dont remember much
    I hate mondays
    jumper
    little sisters of eluria, havent been published in a King collection. Only the limited ed.
    squad d
    the things they left behind (is it in JAS?)

i am sure that i thought about another story earlier, but forgot the name...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    i am sure that i thought about another story earlier, but forgot the name...
    You've been wrong on all the rest

an evening at god's and skybar are the same, right? No.
    "the general"? Screenplay
    I hate mondays Unpublished
    jumper Secret Windows
    little sisters of eluria Everythings Eventual
    the things they left behind (is it in JAS?) Yes

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    little sisters of eluria, havent been published in a King collection. Only the limited ed.

the things they left behind (is it in JAS?)
    The Little Sisters of Eluria was previously collected in Everything's Eventual, and The Things They Left Behind is indeed collected in Just After Sunset.

You can check a rather complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_f...y_Stephen_King You can easily spot the uncollecteds.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And the little sisters of eluria also was published in the short story collection by Silverberg: LEGENDS.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand why "Weeds" has never been reprinted, even in an anthology. The story itself is very good, and much, much darker than the graphic "Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" in Creepshow. It was first printed in the May, 1976 Cavalier and later in the April 1979 Nugget. Those are the only two printings I know of.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You can check a rather complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_f...y_Stephen_King You can easily spot the uncollecteds.
    As usual with Wikipedia, its full of inaccuracies.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who will publish the book?

Sure, but never in a standard King collection. It first appeared in Rolling Stone.

And, actually, some of the material above IS going to be reproduced in my upcoming book. One complete story and parts of another.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We should. Give the proceeds to the foundation. Maybe King will write a short story just for the book to help with sales since it's his foundation we are helping.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

This is probably debatable, but I don't consider a story to be published if it was only available as a mimeographed copy on a school yard, so I would cross off "The Pit and the Pendulum", the unnamed 20-page story and "The Star Invaders". On the other hand, "The Hotel at the End of the Road" was properly published, but not collected, so I'd add it to the list.

I would also add "Rush Call" and "Jumper", since "Secret Windows" is not a short story collection.

"Jhonathan and the Witchs" should be spelled like this.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude!, I read the Calvin's Corner part of this site all the time but I didn't even know you were working on a new book.

Is there any more info about it on here?.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    As usual with Wikipedia, its full of inaccuracies.
    Then I'd urge you to correct those

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post

Dude!, I read the Calvin's Corner part of this site all the time but I didn't even know you were working on a new book.

Is there any more info about it on here?.
    Yeah, there's a thread here and my website has information here.

It's being published by Barnes & Noble this fall.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev,

Congrats on the new book. Members, check this cool puzzle you can do online of Bevs book. Very cool idea:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/frame/frameset.html

Click on Everything Else
    Look for Bevs book and Puzzle topic for link

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    We should. Give the proceeds to the foundation. Maybe King will write a short story just for the book to help with sales since it's his foundation we are helping.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Now that would be brilliant...with of course the collectors here designing the limited.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

BTW... in the first post, there are some stories that have never really been "published" in the way, cannot be accessed now...
    Hope the one that will be reproduced will be one of those

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, some are rather obscure, but were still published.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And most collectors have them in some form or another. (photocopies, scans etc)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And most collectors have them in some form or another. (photocopies, scans etc)
    But it would be great having them all in a real book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast