Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

This was over at SKFakes:
    Today, a bank filed a lawsuit against Flatsigned and Tim Miller (The Bank of Nashville v. Flatsigned.Com, Inc., and Tim Miller) in Nashville. The bank asserts that the defendants defaulted on a loan, owe $494,000, and will not hand over a book collection worth an estimated $650,000. The bank is seeking a "writ of possession" which is -- essentially -- a judgment granting it possessory rights in the book collection.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great title Mr. RT

I am sure plenty of people have no sympathy for that devil!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The value of that collection will be much less if the books aren't authentically signed, though!

Ka really IS a wheel, ya know!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    The value of that collection will be much less if the books aren't authentically signed, though!

Exactly what I was thinking as I read the first post!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post

Just out of curiosity....before I found out about his rep I bought a 1 of 26 The Best American Short Stories 2007 from him. Is there any reason to believe this is not legit?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post

Just out of curiosity....before I found out about his rep I bought a 1 of 26 The Best American Short Stories 2007 from him. Is there any reason to believe this is not legit?
    He also did another edition (numbered, I think) that had many more copies. I remember thinking how in the heck did he get so many signed copies to do these two specially bound editions? In some of his eBay listings for the numbered copies I thought the signatures were suspect.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I considered buying one of the "1 of 100" editions. I really do want the book and the King signature is legit. However, the leather binding was an aftermarket job done by Tim Miller. I'm not sure why, but that soured it for me. If it had been originally published that way, then fine. But some guy buying up 126 copies and re-binding himself? I mean, I could do that, right?

And I couldn't tell you the difference b/t the "deluxe" 1 of 100 and the "super deluxe" 1 of 26 other than I guess you pay more for the first. Don't know why--it's the same book, same signature, and same binding...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You know, I've never had any question about the authenticity of anything he's sold, and he's bought stuff from me, and been perfectly easy to deal with.

I do have questions about the bidding on his auctions however...

Yes, you could rebind a book in a leather binding...Stu at Betts did the same thing with Jerad's Salem's Lot edition and sold them for $500(!)

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I considered buying one of the "1 of 100" editions. I really do want the book and the King signature is legit. However, the leather binding was an aftermarket job done by Tim Miller. I'm not sure why, but that soured it for me. If it had been originally published that way, then fine. But some guy buying up 126 copies and re-binding himself? I mean, I could do that, right?

And I couldn't tell you the difference b/t the "deluxe" 1 of 100 and the "super deluxe" 1 of 26 other than I guess you pay more for the first. Don't know why--it's the same book, same signature, and same binding...
    Actually I got lucky and picked it up for $126 which was what the 1 of 100 go for about. I didn't realize it was 1 of 26 until I got the book because like you said except for the numbers it looks the same. If he did the binding himself he did a preaty good job, it is a nice book. Still, it's good to know that it's not an official limited edition then. I'm suprised that that doesn't cause him legal problems since I don't remember seeing that in the auction.

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlatSigned-com-R...3A1%7C294%3A50

Speaking of the Devil......lol anybody want to pay this for his $650,000 collection?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FlatSigned.com Book Selling and Rare Book Inventory - $2,950,000

A unique opportunity to buy FlatSigned.com Inc., an established signed and rare book company. This is a lucrative internet-based business specializing in the procurement and sale of signed collectible books, manuscripts, historical documents, art, and autographs. Annual sales of $1.2 million with $350,000 profit to the owner. 100% owned by a single individual. Included in this sale is an inventory of approximately $8,000,000 in rare, 1st edition and/or signed books. Customer database of over 12,000 with 90% being private buyers. This business has ONE main competitor and it aims to duplicate its competitors success. Business will be sold debt free.

hmmm..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if he gets his minimum, I'm sure that'll pay his debt load.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    FlatSigned.com Book Selling and Rare Book Inventory - $2,950,000

A unique opportunity to buy FlatSigned.com Inc., an established signed and rare book company. This is a lucrative internet-based business specializing in the procurement and sale of signed collectible books, manuscripts, historical documents, art, and autographs. Annual sales of $1.2 million with $350,000 profit to the owner. 100% owned by a single individual. Included in this sale is an inventory of approximately $8,000,000 in rare, 1st edition and/or signed books. Customer database of over 12,000 with 90% being private buyers. This business has ONE main competitor and it aims to duplicate its competitors success. Business will be sold debt free.

hmmm..
    I wonder who he considers his "ONE main competitor"?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's that guy that sells the "signed" film scripts?!?

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a guess, but maybe veryfinebooks?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Actually I got lucky and picked it up for $126 which was what the 1 of 100 go for about. I didn't realize it was 1 of 26 until I got the book because like you said except for the numbers it looks the same. If he did the binding himself he did a preaty good job, it is a nice book. Still, it's good to know that it's not an official limited edition then. I'm suprised that that doesn't cause him legal problems since I don't remember seeing that in the auction.
    I think that's a pretty good deal. About what I would be willing to pay. Like I said, I really want the book and I'd rather have a nicely bound one with a King sig than a paperback from Amazon. I'm just not going to pay a "S/L" price for this book. I've put in a couple of lowball bids here and there but didn't end up with one. Yet.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to pick up one of the signed trade paperbacks (I think from our tippy4) not long after the publication for a good price. I don't consider rebound books collectibles, although I'm sure there are those of you who don't agree.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the Devil......lol anybody want to pay this for his $650,000 collection?
    The shipping is only $10.95

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

The shipping is only $10.95
    That was the first thing I noticed too.

Reminded me of an excert from Eddie Murphy's Raw.
    "Here you go baby, I made 70$, put that with the rest.....
    Now we have 300 million and 70$"
    Sloth Love Chunk

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    You know, I've never had any question about the authenticity of anything he's sold, and he's bought stuff from me, and been perfectly easy to deal with.

I do have questions about the bidding on his auctions however...

Yes, you could rebind a book in a leather binding...Stu at Betts did the same thing with Jerad's Salem's Lot edition and sold them for $500(!)
    as far as i know... stu didn't rebind them... to rebind...means that they would have been bound... the existing binding removed... then rebound.

as i remember it... stu bound unbound pages he purchased from jerad. thus, constituting an original different bound book (which i chose NOT to purchase)

not sure if millers was a rebound job...or similar to what stu did... anyone know?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yes, you're right...Stu took the unbound pages and put them into a new, custom binding of his own.

In the "Best Short Stories" case, I'm not sure how Flatsigned did it...I think they actually rebound the entire book, original soft cover and all...but I have no idea.

Either choice might be prettier on a bookcase because of the leather, but I passed.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same way. To me, these "rebound" books are just not collectibles.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I like to see booksellers fail, but in this particular case, Tim Miller's demise brings a smile to my face. Countless times he would take to the internet after arguments with defrauded customers and go on and on about how he built his company from the ground and how it is now immensely successful, all because of him. Way to run your business Tim!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I like this threaD!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast