Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General Comic News ( Industry / Retail / Artist / etc. )

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Starting with the final arc of the DT series, all of the characters will have only four fingers.

I don't expect this to cause any changes for Marvel. Disney will probably not meddle with a good thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I just died a little bit inside
    My feelings exactly.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    ick. why couldn't they buy budweiser instead?
    Because Budweiser was already bought a year ago by a Belgian company.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I can't see Disney not coming in and Disney-fying everything about Marvel.

Ugh.

Good for the shareholders - but not good for Marvel fans, at least I don't think so.

Also, does this mean that future Marvel movies will be under the Disney banner and distribution?!?

I think Marvel already has a theme park - or their characters are liscensed to one.

Also... I hope they're covering Stan Lee in some of this. Disney will own all of Marvel's characters! That seems so wrong.

Damn... I so see Spider-man meet Shrek direct to DVD in the future.
    I finally broke down and checked this out. I kept denying it, but the title kept popping up. 'orrible, just 'orrible.

In short, I agree with Pam's assessment.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Traveler birdandbear is on a distinguished road birdandbear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to like Disney characters. Now i dont.
    “The thing under my bed waiting to grab my ankle isn’t real. I know that, and I also know that if I’m careful to keep my foot under the covers, it will never be able to grab my ankle.”

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Guy Ritchie to direct DC Comics adaptation "Lobo"
    By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Guy Ritchie has signed on to direct his first superhero movie, "Lobo," a big-screen translation of the DC Comics antihero.

Lobo is an blue-skinned cigar-chomping alien who is an interstellar mercenary and bounty hunter. The character is one of DC's more recent creations. He was introduced in the 1980s by creators Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen, and for a brief run in the 1990s was one of comicdom's most popular characters.

Lobo was meant to serve as a parody of violent heroes such as Wolverine and the Punisher. His stories feature a nihilistic streak tinged with dark comedy and excessive violence.

Silver Pictures is co-producing the Warners production with Weed Road. Joel Silver, Akiva Goldsman, and Andrew Rona are producing. Don Payne wrote the script.

Doug Liman previously was attached to direct the film. Silver, who has been developing the project for the past 10 years, was hoping to reunite with Ritchie, with whom he just wrapped "Sherlock Holmes."

Ritchie -- whose films include "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," "RocknRolla" and "Swept Away," which starred his wife at the time, Madonna -- also plans to direct "The Gamekeeper," based on the Virgin Comics title.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*ahem*

winnie the pooh would never play with spiderman. i have it on excellent authority that he is afraid of spiders.

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rosie real View Post
    *ahem*

winnie the pooh would never play with spiderman. i have it on excellent authority that he is afraid of spiders.
    [whisper mode]Psst! That's not spider-man![/whisper mode]

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    *ahem*

[whisper mode]Psst! That's not spider-man![/whisper mode]
    [whisper mode]who the fuck is it then? looks like spider-man. he's wearing spider-man's suit. [/whisper mode]

~ spike

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

[whisper mode]Deadpool, daa'lin.[/whisper mode]

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    [whisper mode]Deadpool, daa'lin.[/whisper mode]
    [whisper mode] what in the name of all that's chocolate is "dead pool" [/whisper mode]
    [whisper mode] (other than a really bad clint eastwood movie i mean)? [/whisper mode]

~ spike

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

toldja

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Did someone say chocolate?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

shutup razzle.

yes i did woofer.

~ spike

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[whisper mode]who the fuck is it then? looks like spider-man. he's wearing spider-man's suit. [/whisper mode]
    OK, the questions answered now, but I wasn't sure who it was either (apart from not Spidey.) although he looked familiar. I see what you mean though, Deadpool's mask is kinda reminiscent of Spidey's suit. No web motif though.

As for not knowing who Deadpool is, that's not surprising. He's not all that well known. I've heard he makes an appearance in the new Wolverine film and they're planning on giving him his own movie at some point. A Disney film now. Heh.

Country
    Country Flag

brainslinger -

~ spike

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the success of this merger (as far as the Marvel Comics go) will depend on how much control Disney will take. Many mergers are at the upper-level management only, which would be okay. If Disney starts taking artistic control, that's could be a problem. Only time will tell.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very true. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, this just made my ( very early ) morning "Psst! That's not spider-man!"

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, the questions answered now, but I wasn't sure who it was either (apart from not Spidey.) although he looked familiar. I see what you mean though, Deadpool's mask is kinda reminiscent of Spidey's suit. No web motif though.

As for not knowing who Deadpool is, that's not surprising. He's not all that well known. I've heard he makes an appearance in the new Wolverine film and they're planning on giving him his own movie at some point. A Disney film now. Heh.
    "Steamboat Wadey"
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Steamboat WADEY????...ROTFFLMFAO!!!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Gay

We laugh now... lets hope we laugh last on this one!

Country
    Country Flag

Joking aside, I honestly don't think we have much to worry about. I doubt they'll have much to do with the creative side of things with Marvel's work.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Joking aside, I honestly don't think we have much to worry about. I doubt they'll have much to do with the creative side of things with Marvel's work.
    Why would they? They're not doing it because they don't like Marvel's output and think they can do better, they're doing it because Marvel IS popular and they want an unearned cut of the money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast