Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: General Comic News ( Industry / Retail / Artist / etc. )

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I just died a little bit inside
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as Disney is smart enough to not try and change Marvel and just use it for what it is, it'll work out fine. But if they start trying to make Marvel comic books and movies more "child friendly" it'll be an absolute disaster.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I can't see Disney not coming in and Disney-fying everything about Marvel.

Ugh.

Good for the shareholders - but not good for Marvel fans, at least I don't think so.

Also, does this mean that future Marvel movies will be under the Disney banner and distribution?!?

I think Marvel already has a theme park - or their characters are liscensed to one.

Also... I hope they're covering Stan Lee in some of this. Disney will own all of Marvel's characters! That seems so wrong.

Damn... I so see Spider-man meet Shrek direct to DVD in the future.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    As long as Disney is smart enough to not try and change Marvel and just use it for what it is, it'll work out fine. But if they start trying to make Marvel comic books and movies more "child friendly" it'll be an absolute disaster.
    My thrice monthly spiderman comics are something I enjoy very much and I take it very seriously when the possibility of disney interfering with them happens and that is what disney BUYING marvel is, in the mid 90s marvel was fucked up because of hyper marketing, specators market and the FREQUENT interference of people whose job was marketing with the comics
    and now theyre being bought by disney I think I'm gonna be sick

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Incredible Hulk: the Musical. >.>

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    ....and, that's the death of Marvel.

Seriously, has Disney touched anything in the last several years and not fucked it up completely?
    Pixar?
    Yes, Pixar. Worse once Disney got their mitts on it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Disney has management issues, they have for years.

I'm really surprised that with Marvel doing so well ( publishing and films and television ), that the shareholders are buying into this. Granted $50 for a $32 stock is a nice profit, but I suspect a lot of dumping once that goes through.

Disney is not the super-power it once was.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    This doesn't have to be a bad thing.

And it will make future trips to Disney a lot cooler. Wouldn't it be great if they made a whole theme park around Marvel superheroes?
    They have a theme park in FL. full of Marvel characters and rides.
    If Hanna Montanna makes a cameo in my X-Men comics im going to pee on it.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and also doesn't marvel do the dark tower, the talisman and the stand comics as well....i hope that they are not kiddiefied.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I shall refrain from judging it until I see it go bad with my own eyes.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, it won't take long.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

:O

*sigh*

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An article that might put things in perspective.

In short, it's quite possible Disney will simply allow Marvel to do their thing.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    An article that might put things in perspective.

In short, it's quite possible Disney will simply allow Marvel to do their thing.
    I really hope thats correct

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya know, after reading that article, and calming down from the initial shock of the whole thing, I think I'll just go with the "wait and see" state of mind.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Gay

I don't know - a blog entry doesn't make me feel so great. If it were The Fool or WSJ, I'd feel better about it.

I just have a bad feeling about this.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    ....and, that's the death of Marvel.

Seriously, has Disney touched anything in the last several years and not fucked it up completely?
    Pixar?
    Yes, Pixar. Worse once Disney got their mitts on it.
    I...don't agree. I think the earliest Pixar films were not as good, and they seem to be getting better over time--I think that's IN SPITE of Disney, not because of it, but I don't think it's gotten worse at all.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

THIS is in our future D: (made by a friend)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take some time and see what happens here y'all.

If Disney does get this through, they'll own Marvel. I wonder what'll happen to Universal's rides since they have an entire theme park (that competes with Disney World I might add) centered around Marvel heroes. That will mean Disney would own stock in one of their biggest competitors (or Universal will have a shitload of painting to do this winter). We shall see what happens from here.

For my money, I think things will be fine for a little while (several years maybe) then Disney will poke their nose in Marvel's work and force them to be more family oriented. Say good-bye to my favorite The Punisher. Say good-bye to the Max line completely. Say good-bye to the comics fans that have bought for years and years and are no longer kids. Say good-bye to Marvel's profits. Say good-bye to the new Marsney (Disvel?) and close the doors on some very old but very well loved characters. Say hello to the next people to step in and fill the void... DC anyone? Maybe Dynamite?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

In my local comic shop I have already seen comics such as Finding Nemo and Cars! I was wondering why there were these types of comics! Oh well maybe I can give these comics to my 4 year old son and he can start collecting!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that Disney does not mess with any of the Stephen King comics! I don't want the Dark Tower Comics or The Stand Comics to be "politically correct" or "kid friendly"

I feel the end is near for anymore Stephen King comics!(At least from marvel)

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

ick. why couldn't they buy budweiser instead?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because Disney wanted to buy something good?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    and also doesn't marvel do the dark tower, the talisman and the stand comics as well....i hope that they are not kiddiefied.
    Del Rey is doing Talisman, not Marvel.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    In my local comic shop I have already seen comics such as Finding Nemo and Cars! I was wondering why there were these types of comics! Oh well maybe I can give these comics to my 4 year old son and he can start collecting!
    Those releases were nothing to-do with Marvel though. Boom does Incredibles and a few others so they'll just be moved over to Marvel. I expect the Disney comic range will now be expanded.

Back when Marvel had a Disney license (1994 - 1996) there were series based on Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast etc as well as books like The Disney Afternoon and Disney Comic Hits that featured loads of characters!. I've not read any of them honest.....

.......well ok so maybe I am a fan of the Little Mermaid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast