Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Best Movie Character of All Time

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a very astute observation brother bear. I always found the character a little dry and thought his capacity for humor greatly outweighed his ability for drama.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, maybe it's just me, then.
    I love humor, especially dry humor.
    Also, I'm a big softie... but I'm more of a classicist than some. I really was very moved in my way by so many scenes... and though it may not be true drama, many of his films really were effective in message.
    It's cool, tho, you guys don't have to share my opinion.
    I'm still pretty comfortable.

While we're on it, though, what do you think of Red Skelton? (No, wait, don't tell me. One star slighted is plenty.)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think "slighting" is the word... I absolutely admire Chaplin for everything he did, for his contribution to the art of cinema in many respects, and for being the father of tragicomedy in cinema. I only said that his art did't do anything for me personally, as a spectator (well, I think I could concede Limelight... it touched me... but far from making even my top 100 anyway), except The Great Dictator which I like for obvious reasons.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Can't believe we missed Mortimer Brewster and his aunts.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Can't believe we missed Mortimer Brewster and his aunts.
    right...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just rather crushed that Max Fischer was eliminated.
    Last edited by Seymour_Glass; 10-14-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: My grammar am not often good.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't think "slighting" is the word... I absolutely admire Chaplin for everything he did, for his contribution to the art of cinema in many respects, and for being the father of tragicomedy in cinema. I only said that his art did't do anything for me personally, as a spectator (well, I think I could concede Limelight... it touched me... but far from making even my top 100 anyway), except The Great Dictator which I like for obvious reasons.
    Well, that was directed more towards Sam, actually. It does surprise me a bit, though, that you appear to be saying that the tramp's not visceral enough for you, Jean, when it seems generally that you are with the common arguement that today's films are too hooked on being graphic.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incidently, I love Red Skelton. I love Chaplin's work as well, I simply think that the character is a little more one dimensional than people want to believe he is.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ladies and Germs, we are now entering the Octa-Finals!

As with the BMOAT, I will take the 1st place from each group (nominee with most votes) and pit it against the 2nd place from the subsequent group - 1st place from Group A will take on 2nd place from Group B, and 2nd place from Group A will take on the 1st place from Group B - all the way down the list. I have highlighted in blue all of the nominees that made it to the next round, as well as a number indicating whether they were first or second place within their respective group.

I'm planning on making an excel spreadsheet which will map out the 'playoff' phase to give everyone a better idea of how everything will play out.

I'll post the first 3 brackets later today! Good luck with the voting!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the line up for the Quarter Finals!

--

Randall Patrick McMurphy
    vs
    Darth Vader

The Joker
    vs
    Vito Corleone

Micheal Corleone
    vs
    Yoda

George Bailey
    vs