Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am.

20 71.43%
  • No, I am not.

8 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In fact - are you satisfied?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    i come in here all the time and expect to find a thread about sex.....dammit...I am disappointed EVERY TIME!!!!!!
    I cry your pardon, sai.

s'ok I just forget what the thread is about!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Default A Victory Over The Challenge Of Translation

One must keep in mind that translating a book, or in this case part of a book, into any visual medium, has its challenges, and that there will be things left out. Also, there will inevitably be people who will have problems with the visual element, as it's bound to be different from what they saw inside their minds as readers. All that considered, The Gunslinger Born has been more successful than I ever could've believed it would beforehand. I have been quite happy with it from the beginning; though there have been omissions that have annoyed me and additions that I didn't completely agree with, I have enjoyed it a great deal, and the visual element has been quite impressive all the way through. But what has really surprised me has been the mostly positive response from the majority of the hard-core DT freaks on DT.net (and here, DT.com); I expected it to be much more divided. And then there's the mainstream success of the series amongst the general comic-book community; another pleasant surprise. All in all, this series has done smashingly well, and will hopefully, when it resumes next year, continue to do so. In spite of the automatic difficulties involved in any translation of creative matter from one form into another, The Gunslinger Born has been an awesome example of how good it can be when done right.
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Mara.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Hello Perdurabo
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As someone moderately famous once said:

"It is the story, not he who tells it!"

John

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Overall, I'm very happy with the comics. I do have one small complaint.
    I think one of the best kiss moments in any story ever was the first time Roland and Susan REALLY kissed. She pulled away from him and there was a small trickle of blood on her lips. It may sound demented, but that was one of the sexiest things I've ever read. I wished that would have been included in the comic.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Why would that sound demented? I had my complaints too but they are overriden by my amazement at the greatness of the comics.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Overall, I'm very happy with the comics. I do have one small complaint.
    I think one of the best kiss moments in any story ever was the first time Roland and Susan REALLY kissed. She pulled away from him and there was a small trickle of blood on her lips. It may sound demented, but that was one of the sexiest things I've ever read. I wished that would have been included in the comic.
    To sum up my thoughts: I totally agree.

Roland would have understood.

Great to hear you finally got the comics Letti

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't got them, so I can't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Still haven't got them, so I can't judge
    Seriously why? Might as well wait until next month and get the consolidated, hard-cover edition.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I going to have to start ordering them, They don't sell them anywhere around here

Where do you live? East Overshoe, 3 Miles Northwest of No Where?

I just checked and in fact that is where you live...do you have an account with Amazon? Just buy the hardcover when it comes out next month.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats what i PLan on

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I know you had the first one(s), Letti, did you get the rest of them?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I know you had the first one(s), Letti, did you get the rest of them?
    No, I didn't but I have seen most of them on the net.

Ah. Well thats cool.

Country
    Country Flag

When I visit you guys in the USA I am sure I will spend a great deal of money on DT comics.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If you come to visit, I will supply you with the whole set Letti.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Or you may just get the series mailed to you out of the blue from a secret admirer...you never know in this crazy, mixed up world.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's happened to me

That's when I got a restraining order.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rumor has it that Letti already has the Marvel Spotlight, Sketchbook, Gunslinger Born issue #1, and Gunslinger Born issue #2.

So save yourself some international postage and start with issue #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's happened to me

That's when I got a restraining order.
    Ohhhhhhhh so thats what those men coming to my door that I had break all the bones in their bodies and bury them alive in cement at a nearby construction site, were all about...oops!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

What are you gonna do, it happens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast