Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am.

20 71.43%
  • No, I am not.

8 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In fact - are you satisfied?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In fact - are you satisfied?

So.
    My question is simple.
    Are you satisfied with the comics?

(If you have talked about it before please feel free to close this thread - I tried to find it but I didn't find it anywhere.)

Roland would have understood.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I satisfied with what? If it's the Gunslinger Born, well, I guess so. I'm much more interested in what's to come (NEW DARK TOWER STORIES!!!).

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am assuming the first arc and weather or not we are satisfied it is a good beginning to the Marvel/Gunslinger franchise

I voted yes, I was very satisfied. Every time I read one of those comics I tried to put myself in the place of someone who has not read the books. I would consider it a very gripping story from that perspective.

Me and Aaron were talking about how much we admired everyone who worked on this and what a challenge it must have been to put that many pages of text into something as visual as the first arc was.

and...I think I will make this the new poll on the comicnews page.

great idea for a thread Letti!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

OOps! youll have to void my vote, I didnt realize the question was about the comics, I just thought it was a general satisfaction query.... haha!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the comics, and I am not a "comic book" person. I thought the artwork was very well done and that they did a pretty good job with the storylines as well. I'm really looking forward to the next arc.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't read the last one.

(hangs head in shame)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I still haven't read the last one.

(hangs head in shame)
    Lack of time..?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was very satisfied with The Gunslinger Born comics. As everyone's commented, the artwork was awesome - and I also felt the dialogue was spot on, in character for each individual.

I loved the extra stuff at the end aswell - the legends of Maerlyn's Rainbow, Rhea, Gan etc and the ComicCon interviews.

Country
    Country Flag

And what about Thorin?
    You might think me insane but I can't stand the way he looks like in the comics...
    I am extremly interested in what you guys think.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Why - how did you picture him?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Why - how did you picture him?
    An old trembling soft-headed man who is a bit out of his mind because of his age and his greediness and not an insane 40-year-old maniac.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't find him a bit pervy in the books?

Country
    Country Flag

You didn't find him a bit pervy in the books?
    Hmmm... a bit.
    Isn't he way too young for you? I mean in the comics?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. He didn't look quite right in the issue he first appeared in, but by the time they got to the part where he tries to force himself on Susan, he looked more like I imagined. Maybe it was the angle at which he was drawn? At first his nose didn't seem to be hooked enough and he wasn't as doddery as I'd imagined...but like I said, I felt it was rectified later.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I haven't seen that issue yet. Maybe I would change my mind after that.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You might I think - but I definately know what you're saying with the earlier issues

Country
    Country Flag

You might I think - but I definately know what you're saying with the earlier issues
    *doesn't feel insane anymore*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I loved the comics so far. Especially the end stories. So yes I'm satisfied.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Satisfied too.

Gunslinger Apprentice chuxter is on a distinguished road chuxter's Avatar

The comics, for me, were the perfect way to fill in the backstory. I was very satisfied.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

i come in here all the time and expect to find a thread about sex.....dammit...I am disappointed EVERY TIME!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps you can start a new one Nerak?
    "In fact - does your lover satisfy?"

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

He's just not that into you!! LOL Isn't that the way it goes?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    i come in here all the time and expect to find a thread about sex.....dammit...I am disappointed EVERY TIME!!!!!!
    I cry your pardon, sai.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Overall, yes, I am satisfied with this story arc. The team did a great job. Like John posted upthread, I too am most interested in the stories to come - the ones that branch out beyond what we've already read in the DT books.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast