Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I came in here to post about the playoffs but I see that I have several topics to address.

First, the draft was only ever a snake draft because ESPN wouldn't let me do it another way on their site. I kept it that way when we went to an emergency draft on the forum just so that we wouldn't start a debate that we didn't have time to have. Now that we made a slow draft work, I want to keep that format and I would like to get rid of the "snake," meaning last place would pick first in each round. We are also going to start the slow draft MUCH earlier next season. I am thinking August 1st but we could even start earlier.

As for the draft order, I have always liked to make every game matter. However, if most of you think otherwise I will put it to a vote on the ESPN message board.

Now for the main reason I was going to post:

THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!

Garrell and Equus Asinus will face off in the 2nd vs 3rd seed matchup.

Forbidden Zone and I will fight for the other side of the bracket.

Everyone else will play the next closest team in the consolation ladder. No matter your opinion on whether those games should count, I expect everyone to continue to manage their starting lineups.

Good luck.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Roar
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meow
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

slow draft is for the Birds. There is no reason we should not have a Live draft. Except of course if we fail to fill the league with participating owners. Advantage or preference should not be given to folks who fail to do their homework (or even show up) on draft date and time. If you cant be bothered to do your research you should not be given a day plus to think about it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Everyone else will play the next closest team in the consolation ladder. No matter your opinion on whether those games should count, I expect everyone to continue to manage their starting lineups.
    This is an unworthy expectation. Have you forgotten the face of your father?

What do you think Cort would think about a "consolation bracket"? Failures should be sent West.

What is the goal of competing in our fantasy football league? The Goal is to win the championship, gain some bragging rights, and posses the trophy for a year.

The consolation bracket pays nothing... In fact it can only benefit you if you do NOT win in the consolation bracket games. Thus the chance is there for someone to tank.

It has been said in fantasy football circles that it is just as hard to pick losers than it is to pick winners, but purposefully tanking is poor sportsmanship, but what else do you expect a competitive owner to do, especially considering that there is a great chance for an imbalance (i.e. someone goes dark and leaves the same lineup in or doesn't submit one). We have not successfully built a cadre of owners that have submitted a lineup every time even during the regular season, and you expect people to participate when they have been eliminated?

There is no reason whatsoever for "consolation games" to affect our draft order. Draft order should be the same every round as is usual in a keeper league and based upon the final regular season standings for those who do not make the playoffs and adjusted for the playoff participants in the order of how they finish.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

changing our interface away from ESPN is long overdue.

I suggest we migrate to yahoo.com next year which is still free, yet offers WAY more customization options.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that we made a slow draft work, I want to keep that format and I would like to get rid of the "snake," meaning last place would pick first in each round. We are also going to start the slow draft MUCH earlier next season. I am thinking August 1st but we could even start earlier.
    Selecting players that far in advance is really difficult in a dynasty league. You don't have a chance to see who does what in camp and injuries that occur can derail your whole season.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

This is an unworthy expectation. Have you forgotten the face of your father?

What do you think Cort would think about a "consolation bracket"? Failures should be sent West.

What is the goal of competing in our fantasy football league? The Goal is to win the championship, gain some bragging rights, and posses the trophy for a year.

The consolation bracket pays nothing... In fact it can only benefit you if you do NOT win in the consolation bracket games. Thus the chance is there for someone to tank.

It has been said in fantasy football circles that it is just as hard to pick losers than it is to pick winners, but purposefully tanking is poor sportsmanship, but what else do you expect a competitive owner to do, especially considering that there is a great chance for an imbalance (i.e. someone goes dark and leaves the same lineup in or doesn't submit one). We have not successfully built a cadre of owners that have submitted a lineup every time even during the regular season, and you expect people to participate when they have been eliminated?

There is no reason whatsoever for "consolation games" to affect our draft order. Draft order should be the same every round as is usual in a keeper league and based upon the final regular season standings for those who do not make the playoffs and adjusted for the playoff participants in the order of how they finish.
    I will be playing to win right to the bitter end. I really want to finish over .500. It's about pride. It's a little more difficult to set my lineups every week because the ESPN app stopped working on my phone about a month ago.

changing our interface away from ESPN is long overdue.

I suggest we migrate to yahoo.com next year which is still free, yet offers WAY more customization options.
    I'm down for that. See above. I have teams on NFL.com, Yahoo and ESPN and Yahoo is by far the easiest, best looking and most stable platform to use on mobile devices.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that we made a slow draft work, I want to keep that format and I would like to get rid of the "snake," meaning last place would pick first in each round. We are also going to start the slow draft MUCH earlier next season. I am thinking August 1st but we could even start earlier.
    Selecting players that far in advance is really difficult in a dynasty league. You don't have a chance to see who does what in camp and injuries that occur can derail your whole season.
    You have a lot of posts about my post but it doesn't seem that you listened to any of it. I said we can talk about changing how the draft order is set. That is a completely different thing than expecting people to still compete. I would think most people would try to win just so they aren't a loser.

As for changing websites, I wanted to switch to Yahoo a long time ago before we really got too deep into this dynasty. Most people did not want to switch. I realize a lot of those people are not in the league anymore but now that we have these teams set, I would have to recreate each from scratch on top of setting up the league and getting everyone moved. That would be a major undertaking. It could be done but everyone better be on board with doing that first for me to even consider it.

If we stay with ESPN and we want to get away from a snake draft (which I said that I did) then we have to do a slow draft. If we do that then we need more time. It's not about giving more time to decide but about making sure people see its their turn to pick.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

no worries, Im not trying to be the squeaky wheel, lol. I hope i am not coming off sounding too harshly. Just trying to actively participate
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I will post a poll about the draft order on the ESPN message board soon for people to vote. It probably won't be today because I have a lot to do but I will send out an email when it is up.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm out if we switch sites. Yahoo sucks. I don't see whats so important to be customizable to say fuck.the 5 years on espn.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

And whoever uses the app, don't. Its garbage. If you have a phone that can get the app, it should be able to use the normal league pages.

Country
    Country Flag

I realize I probably sound like a dick, but this league has lasted way longer than I expected (thanks to non board members stepping in). I say just go with how it has been, total reboot redraft re everything, or just drop it altogether. We've never had full agreement on anything (site, point setups, draft...) let alone full participation from one year to the next. So, as nice as all your concerns are now, by next season it will be a scramble to set it up. Leave it as the stupid pointless 'fun' its supposed to be, or kill the whole damn thing.

Country
    Country Flag

The silence is golden.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

rofl

Hey man. I think I should certainly preface that I am able and willing to play (and compete well) in any format, scoring system, or whatever. Fantasy football is certainly a passionate hobby of mine, though so I am going to voice my opinion on how I think it should be. This is a dynasty league and it being so requires a bit more participation. There are all types in our league, noobs who cant hang and quit after they spend a year in the fire, gurus like Garrell who participate not at all in day to day discourse (on the boards or in the thread) but then somehow seem to swoop in and dominate play (at least every other year), deer in headlights who seem to want a more casual fantasy experience, non boardies who have helped to keep the league going, and determined, in for the long haul dynasty addicts.

I disagree with your assessment that the league is barely hanging on. Of course there is always attrition in any league. You just have to do the due diligence and recruit. This stuff takes time and work and participation from a group of people.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no problem with staying with ESPN. Each site has their pros and cons. I personally haven't had any problems with my Yahoo league.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of like the Yahoo UI better, but ESPN has its pros too (e.g., position ranking). I'm fine leaving or staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Garrell and DoctorZaius on making it to the championship game!

DoctorZaius' Forbidden Zone team made a hell of a turn around from last year going from second-to-last to having a chance to win it all. Garrell's Raiders have been in the playoffs almost every year but he is still trying to win the Callahan Trophy for the first time. Good luck to you both.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    You better win the title rube. Only team with any real depth.
    In a single elimination tournament anything can happen and how good the players on your bench are doesn't matter. I have been knocked out of the playoffs when I had the best team in my other league twice, so I am not taking anything for granted.
    You jinxed me, SpaceMaN!

Just kidding but this is a bitter loss. For some reason I can win the regular season in leagues but never the playoffs. Most of my starters struggled this week. I still would have won if I played Cooks but his scores over the last month were 4, 0 (he was not hurt and the Saints scored a bunch that week), 7, and 6. Not a lot to inspire confidence. Oh well, as the losers always say, next year will be my year.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. Here at the end to lose again.
    To lookwhoitis, I am a SK collector and went to the DC event a few years back and hung with many of the peeps here. I haven't been super active as of late due to changes in life. So no I am not some guy that is only here to play fantasy.
    But this year I am winning
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Garrell and DoctorZaius on making it to the championship game!

DoctorZaius' Forbidden Zone team made a hell of a turn around from last year going from second-to-last to having a chance to win it all. Garrell's Raiders have been in the playoffs almost every year but he is still trying to win the Callahan Trophy for the first time. Good luck to you both.
    Thanks - I wish I could say it was my managing, but other than my Montgomery pick up (and I didn't even play him last week) I have not done much. Good wide receivers and Matt Ryan are my cocktail of choice. I'm hoping that the old adage about how difficult it is to beat a team three times in one season holds true. It should be fun.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    You better win the title rube. Only team with any real depth.
    In a single elimination tournament anything can happen and how good the players on your bench are doesn't matter. I have been knocked out of the playoffs when I had the best team in my other league twice, so I am not taking anything for granted.
    You jinxed me, SpaceMaN!

Just kidding but this is a bitter loss. For some reason I can win the regular season in leagues but never the playoffs. Most of my starters struggled this week. I still would have won if I played Cooks but his scores over the last month were 4, 0 (he was not hurt and the Saints scored a bunch that week), 7, and 6. Not a lot to inspire confidence. Oh well, as the losers always say, next year will be my year.
    Shoulda, coulda, woulda - and if I had played Montgomery like I should have, and if I had played my Miami defense like I should have. It's all a crap shoot week to week - and this week, well, my choices were less crappy.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, trust me, I know that.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to DoctorZaius for winning the 2016 Championship! His team The Forbidden Zone beat Garrell's Raiders 137-109 in the championship game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast