Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2616

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well my season is on the line this week. With a game vs Equus who I am tied with, whomever wins will most probably represent our division in the playoffs
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    You better win the title rube. Only team with any real depth.
    In a single elimination tournament anything can happen and how good the players on your bench are doesn't matter. I have been knocked out of the playoffs when I had the best team in my other league twice, so I am not taking anything for granted.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Well my season is on the line this week. With a game vs Equus who I am tied with, whomever wins will most probably represent our division in the playoffs
    Good luck to you. Despite the fact I won't be making the playoffs with two 8 win teams in my division, I'm happy with the overall performance of my team. When I first saw the roster, I thought I'd be lucky to get 2 wins. Somehow, I've been able to win 6 games with very little running game.

Last week was somewhat of an anomaly with my team putting up 140 points and that's with 0 from A.J. Green.

It's been a lot of fun regardless and I'm already looking forward to next season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After Rube whips my ass and knocks me out this week, I'll be looking for offseason trades. Everyone available.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope Brady puts up 50 so you go way over 200
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

QBs are way too overvalued in this league. Especially considering how easily you can sandbag players without ever having to cut anyone

I just lost my game and my playoff hopes on the last fucking pass play of the game because aaron rogers went over 300 yards for a 5 pt bonus.

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, argued that before,thats how it is...
    Basically a free touchdown for that magic 100th/300th yard.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

super butt hurt at that loss, lol. I sat there chewing my fingernails and got hosed on the very last pass play of the whole game.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not as bad as a league I was in a few years ago where QBs got points per completion. It was insane. QBs were dropping 65 a game.

How does this league work in the offseason? Is there discussion about point changes, etc.?

I've always been more of a PPR guy myself, but I know a lot of people hate it.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

super butt hurt at that loss, lol. I sat there chewing my fingernails and got hosed on the very last pass play of the whole game.
    You are not out of the playoffs yet. You need to win out and hope that Equus Asinus loses but there is still a chance.

As for the other divisions, the 8 win teams all won and the 6 win teams all lost so they have been wrapped up for the most part. The winner of the pink division isn't decided but it doesn't really matter because the second place team will be the wildcard.

As for the rules, I put them up for discussion between the seasons but everyone seems to disappear from this thread in the off-season. By the time we have enough back to vote on it the season is on us. This season was even worse than normal. Maybe the best time would be right after the season so maybe we catch everyone.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    As for the rules, I put them up for discussion between the seasons but everyone seems to disappear from this thread in the off-season. By the time we have enough back to vote on it the season is on us. This season was even worse than normal. Maybe the best time would be right after the season so maybe we catch everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    How does this league work in the offseason? Is there discussion about point changes, etc.?
    I think off season discussion is a good idea and the eventual inclusion of more and more "dynasty" owners down for the long game will help facilitate interest.

We should give it a whirl this off season or at the very least set a meet-up point early before the next NFL season to have everyone check back in to avoid from having to scramble at the last minute like in years past. If we can get all sitting at the table early, not only will it make drafting easier but we could also go over prospective rule changes ect.

Im an all year round fantasy football kind of guy, lol so I know I could keep checking this thread in the off season but its hard to maintain alertness for some in the offseason
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I just don't care that much. My real life always has precedence over this dumb shit. I'll check in and put in my lineup as always, as for rule changes, do whatever, I'll still play.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't care that much. My real life always has precedence over this dumb shit. I'll check in and put in my lineup as always, as for rule changes, do whatever, I'll still play.
    I think we all value our real lives over "dumb shit", but it's a hobby. Like any hobby, whether it's reading, video games, TV, movies, etc., it's used as a way of relaxing and distracting ourselves. I don't think anybody is asking for us to fly to New York, rent a conference room, wear a suit and really hash it out.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just laugh anytime spaceman posts because i see reflections as being a word balloon for Fry, due to the spatial orientation of his avatar
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that we do not do any rule changes. It goes against the very premise of a Dynasty league. Changing point values, changes teams, and those who have built their teams should not see their work change. If point changes are made, then we should blow the whole thing up and draft from the beginning again. Trust me when I say this has nothing to do with my team's record. I inherited the team only a few year's back, but my team is built for this current system. Devaluing quarterbacks would showcase my team's running back weakness. Changes in point values will change the competitive balance over night, and force some teams to make major changes. The one problem I have had with the league since I joined is the how many players we carry for the season. There is so little to go after on the waiver wire. That might be the only change I might consider - reducing the number of players we can protect year to year. This would create a much more interesting draft day as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Come on, the 20th guy on my bench is a stud hahaha.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I really hope that we do not do any rule changes. It goes against the very premise of a Dynasty league. Changing point values, changes teams, and those who have built their teams should not see their work change. If point changes are made, then we should blow the whole thing up and draft from the beginning again. Trust me when I say this has nothing to do with my team's record. I inherited the team only a few year's back, but my team is built for this current system. Devaluing quarterbacks would showcase my team's running back weakness. Changes in point values will change the competitive balance over night, and force some teams to make major changes. The one problem I have had with the league since I joined is the how many players we carry for the season. There is so little to go after on the waiver wire. That might be the only change I might consider - reducing the number of players we can protect year to year. This would create a much more interesting draft day as well.
    I belong to a Dynasty Fantasy Baseball league that's been around since 1975. Our rule book is 15 pages long. Every year at the draft, we have people submit rule change proposals. We are constantly tweaking all aspects of the league in order to improve it.

The same for any sport, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you took Pete Rose first.

Country
    Country Flag

There is one week left in the regular season but based on tiebreakers I believe the playoff teams are set. However, remember that there will be a consolation "ladder" for the remaining teams. I expect everyone to continue to set lineups throughout. Once all of the games are done, trading will open back up until close to the NFL draft.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious how my old team did this year. I left the new owner with giant holes at running back (Sorry about that!) if I remember correctly. Good luck to everyone!

Country
    Country Flag

I believe your former team is sitting at 5-8 but everyone was really close in the division with the leader at 7-6.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    There is one week left in the regular season but based on tiebreakers I believe the playoff teams are set. However, remember that there will be a consolation "ladder" for the remaining teams. I expect everyone to continue to set lineups throughout. Once all of the games are done, trading will open back up until close to the NFL draft.
    once again I'd like to state that I think that using the "consolation ladder" games to determine or affect draft order is for the birds. It is guaranteed that some folks will not even submit a lineup or otherwise check out after not making the playoffs. Whether any team wins or loses some crapshoot "consolation" game should not affect the draft order. It should be determined by regular season record (with the exception of teams who made the playoffs)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Its easy to tank, and our 3 picks can sway a season, ask Equus how he'd be doing without Elliot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Its easy to tank, and our 3 picks can sway a season, ask Equus how he'd be doing without Elliot.
    I concur as well.

Also, not to open up a can of worms, but I don't agree with a snake draft for a dynasty league. The whole point of a snake draft is to balance things out for everybody in the draft. This makes sense because most fantasy football leagues reset every year, meaning everybody is on an even playing field.

With a dynasty league, the teams with the worst records should have an advantage and not just in the first round, hence why a traditional draft makes sense. It makes it that much harder for a bad team to get better if after their first pick 19 players go off the board.

I know this is controversial, but I feel comfortable breaching the conversation now that my team is middle of the road. I didn't want to bring it up earlier just in case my team was bad, which would make it look like I wanted a traditional draft in order for it to benefit myself.

Country
    Country Flag

That makes sense to me. The snake does kinda help picks 10-12, getting 2 top 15 guys instead of first pick gets 1 and 25th. 25th best guys blow dickhole in this ultradeep league.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast