Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2622

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm assuming we are going to have to skip Garrell and wrap this thing up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neil, I was emailing everyone also. They probably were getting tired of us.

The draft results have been entered and the waivers are open. Because the draft finished so close to tonight's game, you will not be able to request a Denver or Carolina player this week. Everyone else clears waivers tomorrow morning. Trading is also open but you are really going to have to get something done fast to have it go through before Sunday's games.

Good luck in the first week!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, we were beating that last round along with a stick!

Thanks to all that participated and picked quickly.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I was moving and working these last few days
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's OK. We got through it. Now the fun part begins.

If we do a slow draft again, it's going to start August 1st.

Country
    Country Flag

It's quiet here for the first week to have already past. However, I see there is lots of action with add/drops so I take the activity as a good sign.

This may be the first time I have ever won a fantasy football game with a QB scoring less than ten points. As you can see by my trade with Jason, I will have a remedy for that soon.

Good luck with your week two matchups.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I learned my lesson on talking shit. Now I just put in a lineup.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was happy to get my first win, but I realize those are going to be few and far between this year, as you can tell by my second week.

Country
    Country Flag

It's funny how much difference a year makes. Currently two of the three division leaders are teams that finished at the bottom of their division last year. Based off that and how close the scores are so far, it looks like the division races should be tight again this year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    It's funny how much difference a year makes. Currently two of the three division leaders are teams that finished at the bottom of their division last year. Based off that and how close the scores are so far, it looks like the division races should be tight again this year.
    I'm still trying to find a team that would be a good match for A.J. Green, but everybody seems loaded at WR.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I'm still trying to find a team that would be a good match for A.J. Green, but everybody seems loaded at WR.
    True, but the stats usually bear out. Take a look at my points against - my luck can't last much longer.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't sell yourself short. Your team is only one point out of the lead in your division. As for Equus Asinus, the huge turn-around continues. His team now leads the league with 416 points scored so far. He has great starters but depth may be an issue. The test will come now that bye weeks have started.

Speaking of that, everyone please watch your rosters for players that are injured or on their bye weeks. I don't want any free wins handed out because someone forgot to switch up their starting roster.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Derrys Rejects giftin a win.... sigh
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Rube's email about people starting injured players and I will say it again, although crude, starting injured or players on a bye should never happen if you have a toilet.

Country
    Country Flag

I have sent Gabriel an individual message about his lineup.

The last two undefeated teams went down this week meaning that half the league currently sits at 3-1.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder, A.J. Green is still available. I'm looking for running backs.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

did Derry's Rejects not submit a lineup again? He's got Theo Riddick as OUT and Eric Decker on the IR in his starting lineup.

He gave me one and now he looks like he might give my division foe one as well

I think we need to think about instituting some type of rules to replace non participating owners at the end of the season.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny thing is, he could still win if Michael Floyd catches a TD tomorrow night! LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what is going on with Gabriel. He was really active last year so such a rule wouldn't have helped us for him this year. I will reach out to him again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    did Derry's Rejects not submit a lineup again? He's got Theo Riddick as OUT and Eric Decker on the IR in his starting lineup.

I think we need to think about instituting some type of rules to replace non participating owners at the end of the season.
    I know I'm new to the league, but my opinion on this matter formed long ago. This happens in pretty much every league I've ever been in and it's not just late in the season either, I see it early, and personally I think it's ridiculous.

Everybody is busy, so I throw that excuse in the trash where it belongs. I'm working a full time job and a part time job. It literally takes 5 minutes, maybe less to set a lineup. Then again, that could just be me because I literally have 0 running backs, so I just skip past that section.

If you can't find 5 minutes throughout the course of a week, I'm calling you a liar.

Funny thing is, he could still win if Michael Floyd catches a TD tomorrow night! LOL
    I suppose, if you believe in miracles that is.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm new to the league, but my opinion on this matter formed long ago. This happens in pretty much every league I've ever been in and it's not just late in the season either, I see it early, and personally I think it's ridiculous.

Everybody is busy, so I throw that excuse in the trash where it belongs. I'm working a full time job and a part time job. It literally takes 5 minutes, maybe less to set a lineup. Then again, that could just be me because I literally have 0 running backs, so I just skip past that section.

If you can't find 5 minutes throughout the course of a week, I'm calling you a liar.

I'll weigh in on the opposite side of this, because I was in a similar position last year. Calling someone "a liar" without all the facts is potentially ignorant. Last year I missed a few weeks when my father passed away. I was similarly called out. My point is a simple one, let's have a little restraint for what could be something more serious. Let's give the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For certain, Real Life is definitely more important than fantasy football.

I do not want to call into question individual owners or life happenings for anyone, but when you dont participate, it wastes the time of those who do.

This is not a casual league. It is a dynasty format and requires more than average participation. At the very least you should be setting your lineups and not have OUT and IR guys in there. Im not saying burn the witch if you dont cover your byes, but come on man! You signed up for this.

Yet another reason that ESPN interface sucks is that you cant set lineups for multiple weeks in advance. Any FF player worth their salt should set there lineup for every week of the season and then go back and change out injuries and cover bye week players, but you cant do that in this case.

It wasnt just getting called out either. E Lazansky straight up quit the league because someone got a gimme wins. (I don't really think he was up for the level of participation in our format, though)

This league is not a water cooler, casual league dudes, lol. You dont have to be the Chuck Noll of Fantasy Football, but the least you can do is set your lineups each week.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And BOOM goes the Dynamite!

Thankee Sai, Itenerant Owner, for giving me the division lead!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

I'll weigh in on the opposite side of this, because I was in a similar position last year. Calling someone "a liar" without all the facts is potentially ignorant. Last year I missed a few weeks when my father passed away. I was similarly called out. My point is a simple one, let's have a little restraint for what could be something more serious. Let's give the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.
    That's completely different. I shouldn't even have to preface a statement like mine with something like that. It's understood that real life tragedies and personal situations come before fantasy football. I didn't think I would have to make that clear, but it's the internet. I should have known better.

Also, I wasn't even talking about the owner in question. I was mainly drawing from personal experience with friends. Literally, I have friends who don't have a job and when asked why they started players on bye or injured players, they respond with, "I'm just so busy." Those are the situations I'm talking about. Not people who experience deaths in families. Jesus, you must think I'm some heartless cutthroat.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

That's completely different. I shouldn't even have to preface a statement like mine with something like that. It's understood that real life tragedies and personal situations come before fantasy football. I didn't think I would have to make that clear, but it's the internet. I should have known better.

Also, I wasn't even talking about the owner in question. I was mainly drawing from personal experience with friends. Literally, I have friends who don't have a job and when asked why they started players on bye or injured players, they respond with, "I'm just so busy." Those are the situations I'm talking about. Not people who experience deaths in families. Jesus, you must think I'm some heartless cutthroat.
    I think nothing of the kind, hence my use of "potentially." I was just making room for the possibility of things not being what they might otherwise appear. No harm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast