Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around to try to fix it, but it looks like something I couldn't help with anyway. Glad you're ready to roll now, bring it.
    When you start feeling froggy, grasshopper - Hop on over to my lily pad!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I've been absent. Went to Michigan and had no computer and when I got back I got food poisoning so yea, I've been out of commission.

I'm still not sure what's going on with my fantasy team. I just move players if I feel I need to and hope for the best. I do know that I have Moreno and he had a great day today so that makes me happy.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You really want to watch for players with bye weeks or injuries. ESPN provides projections that you can use to gage who you want to start but be warned because they can sometimes be way off. Also, if you have someone you really don't like or that is out with an injury, you can drop them and add another player. Of course, I have been doing all of this and I am still 1-2.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    ... Of course, I have been doing all of this and I am still 1-2.
    same here

at least we play each other at some point. one of us will have to win, right? (or did i just invite a tie?)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All right, I'll mark week 6 as a tie. Hopefully we will both have worked our way back to 3-2 by then, right?

we can only hope so

i can't possibly keep losing

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

being british, i have no idea what going on, so i am closing my eyes and hoping for the best

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    being british, i have no idea what going on, so i am closing my eyes and hoping for the best
    Just think of it as rugby where the little soft men wear pads to keep from getting hurt.

Spoiler:
    Just kidding, guys.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

any questions you got, candy, i'll be glad to help. i didn't know you were british, either, do you still watch american football or no?
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i do, but i also dont know a thing about british football either. I am one of those girlie girls unfortunatley
    but i wanted to play

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i do, but i also dont know a thing about british football either. I am one of those girlie girls unfortunatley
    but i wanted to play
    Candy, if you are Team Mitton, you have 2 players on bye this week. You need to pick up a DST to sub for the Panthers and I think its M Turner for Atlanta that also needs a sub.

I still hope to win big but, fairly, Mi' Lady

Good Luck!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed a couple teams not keeping up with the byes. I can only alter lineups if you have people available, and they don't have anyone available, so I have to let the bye players stay and score 0. Sadly, this league only has 4 or 5 of us that are keeping up on it.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

my whole team could use a bye week

ok, i have an issue with the way espn calculates the scoring for defenses.

let me note two things from the start...

a. i know this is not anything SpaceMaN can address as the flaw is part of the ESPN calculations, not anything in our settings.

2. it doesn't really affect the result of my game this week, though in a tight game it surely could.

i'm really just pointing it out because i observed it today and thought i'd share to see what the rest of you think.

so here's the issue...

i started the jets defense today. while the final score was 24-10, 14 of the saints' points came from their defense on a pick-six and a fumble recovery for touchdowns. only one touchdown and one field goal were scored against the jets defense and yet, the scoring calculated it as 24 points allowed. i think that's inaccurate and not altogether fair. it should be 10 points allowed, or perhaps 12, counting the two extra points against the jets special teams, but not 24.

like i said, it won't affect the outcome of the game, but if it did, i'd be rather pissed off at ESPN for not working that tidbit out in their programming. it's surprising really. i am amazed by how detailed their programming is at breaking these things down. if their system knows it was the saints defense that scored, surely it should know the jets defense was not on the field at the time.

thoughts?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, on the flip side of that, it sucks that Chicago's defense got credit for my receiver's 103-yard kickoff return for a TD. It guess it doesn't matter because I would still be getting my ass kicked. My top players keep screwing me at the wrong times. I am looking at you Brees and Jennings. That and the Titan's defense sucks. Maybe an overreaction but consider them dropped.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you guys mean (I have J. Knox in another league) but DST is just a catch-all for all the "what-if's" inherent in football. Still, like you say PA is a big NFL category and you would think they would accomodate that. Some I believe is in league settings cause in one league I got credit for the 102 yd run and I had the SF DST.

Go figure LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Ya know, it used to be that int or fumble returns didn't count against your defense, (the pat's did though) but for all intensive purposes of the league, it doesn't matter who scored or how, it goes against your defense. Stupid, I know, but that's how it is, and I have no power to fix that. All I can say is don't start a defense against someone who's going to put up a lot of points, offensively or defensively. As a team or two in our league is ignoring byes and basically not playing, just keep setting your lineups and those who don't will not make the playoffs, so we can at least have a sort-of correct champion.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah right. I have been making adjustments and scoring less each week. It doesn't matter if some people drop all of their players, at this point I would probably still find a way to lose to them. That is alright though. The ship might be sinking but I will go down with it. I don't want to quit like whoever you are referring to.

Country
    Country Flag

The team I'm playing, Team Garcia, is playing Matt Ryan and David Akers (on bye) and Jamaal Charles, (a Chiefs backup running back, no reason to play him), with Favre on the bench. No backup running back, but if they were paying attention they could've gotten someone to fill in on the waivers.

The team my brother is playing, Team Gooch, has Jason Elam playing (on bye). I can see maybe not picking up a kicker and trying to win with a zero, but it's rare. Not a close enough game where a kicker's 5 or 10 points would have won it, but still.

In Merlin vs. Mitton, Team Mitton has Michael Turner and the Panthers defense playing (on bye). The Panthers D is a questionable roster selection anyway, and again, options on the bench that would have gotten more than zero, just not keeping up with it.

The other 2 games look well coached, and Equus Asinus looks like a damn good team.

on the plus side, i've pulled to 2-2 and second place in the division

on the other hand, next week i believe i play SpaceMaN's undefeated team that scored how many points was it yesterday, 8000 or something.

Country
    Country Flag

not in this league but in my money league i put up 167

not sure i put up 167 in any two weeks combined so far

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    The team I'm playing, Team Garcia, is playing Matt Ryan and David Akers (on bye) and Jamaal Charles, (a Chiefs backup running back, no reason to play him), with Favre on the bench. No backup running back, but if they were paying attention they could've gotten someone to fill in on the waivers.

The team my brother is playing, Team Gooch, has Jason Elam playing (on bye). I can see maybe not picking up a kicker and trying to win with a zero, but it's rare. Not a close enough game where a kicker's 5 or 10 points would have won it, but still.

In Merlin vs. Mitton, Team Mitton has Michael Turner and the Panthers defense playing (on bye). The Panthers D is a questionable roster selection anyway, and again, options on the bench that would have gotten more than zero, just not keeping up with it.

The other 2 games look well coached, and Equus Asinus looks like a damn good team.
    Ummmm .....regardless I'm 3-1 and looking to kick Equus's ass this week!!!! LOL

I tried to help Team Mitton but to no avail. On the plus side I won my games this week in 3 other leagues so Woo-Hoo!!! lol lol

Whatever the situation, I'm in it for the long hall all you die-hard fans out there. For better or worse.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of these days I'll get my team retooled into something good.

2 questions:

1. where can I find a page explaining the scoring system?
    2. How exactly do waivers work, and is there a page I can keep track of them? People claim guys I'm trying to get, no worries there, but I can't figure out how to claim a player that someone else is trying to get.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    One of these days I'll get my team retooled into something good.

2 questions:

1. where can I find a page explaining the scoring system?
    2. How exactly do waivers work, and is there a page I can keep track of them? People claim guys I'm trying to get, no worries there, but I can't figure out how to claim a player that someone else is trying to get.
    Everyone gets a waiver ranking depending on amount of moves etc. If you rank 10 and someone goes for same player and ranks 9, he gets it.

High Score Trophy Again!!!!!!!

Can't stop this Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast