Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Eric and Bill, y'all have a heck of a game going. My game, on the other hand, is getting ugly. Guess I should have known better than to trust the runningback situations at Buffalo and New England.
    Yeah, my team is playing very even so far, even with the horrible day Lynch had. Bill's got some big guns tomorrow night, so I need Dan Bailey to kick a lot of field goals tonight.
    I cannot believe that I may lose even with a 70 pt performance by one guy!!! If I do, I will bow to you, Eric!!! LOL LOL

Tell you one thing though, Chris Ivory will be riding the pine. So much for FF insiders!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the "experts" suck. Spiller and Wilson are suppose to be great this year.

Soooo.... Merlin, how would you like to own a Giant? I can make you a real good deal on Wilson.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the "experts" suck. Spiller and Wilson are suppose to be great this year.

Soooo.... Merlin, how would you like to own a Giant? I can make you a real good deal on Wilson.
    I'd rather have the DST he fumbles to next. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK folks it's back "On"!!! Eric, it isn't personal or anything, but I feel like I just gotta beat ya to save what little face I have left!!! And it's only week one!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    OK folks it's back "On"!!! Eric, it isn't personal or anything, but I feel like I just gotta beat ya to save what little face I have left!!! And it's only week one!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...maybe Morris can drop the ball a few more times tonight and I can hold on for the win

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...maybe Morris can drop the ball a few more times tonight and I can hold on for the win
    At this juncture it would not surprise me in the least.

Edit: Hey, Morris is back to "Even"!!! LOL LOL

Edit II: FWIW I got 20 pts for the Seattle DST in my other league. I always thought that DST was a rather stable scoring system. Is there a difference and how so?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I usually don't gloat over my wins...but I just gotta do it this one time...

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this juncture it would not surprise me in the least.

Edit: Hey, Morris is back to "Even"!!! LOL LOL

Edit II: FWIW I got 20 pts for the Seattle DST in my other league. I always thought that DST was a rather stable scoring system. Is there a difference and how so?
    I am not sure how your other league scores their D/STs but in ESPN standard scoring you would have received a 10 instead of a 12. I only changed the scoring slightly so that we all start with 19 instead of 20 for our D/STs and you are less likely to get a negative number.

Sorry to use you as an example Merlin but I would like to point out that when a team can score 70 with their QB and still lose it shows that this league is not as QB heavy as you think. With RBs and WRs getting bonuses as well, you still need to have a well rounded team. (As opposed to mine which apparently just sucks.)

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look at last years points scored and tell me its not QB heavy as I think.

22 of the top 23 point scorers were QB's, and that's just because Adrian Peterson had a legendary season. Ryan Fitzpatrick (yes, the same Ryan Fitzpatrick who no longer even plays in the NFL) scored more points than the 2nd RB, not to mention every WR.

A well rounded team works best, sure, but it's QB heavy as hell.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another example:
    Position rank (PRK) 1 QB- 535 pts
    PRK 1 RB- 357 (Peterson, 2nd 284)
    PRK 1 WR- 279
    PRK 10 QB- 390
    PRK 10 RB- 205
    PRK 10 WR- 188
    PRK 20 QB- 298
    That's a huge drop off. We all use the same point system, and I'm fine with it, I'm just showing you it IS QB heavy. Bad.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

I am not saying our QBs don't get more points but even in standard leagues the top scorers are always QBs. What I was trying to point out was that you only start one QB and even the best can't make up for poor performances from the other eight positions.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Down goes Frasier, I mean Bill
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Down goes Frasier, I mean Bill
    Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I got lucky I think truly, just saw a chance to smack
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I will suffer my only lose of the season this week. Enjoy it while you can because I'm not sure y'all will be seeing another "L" from my team.

Country
    Country Flag

Crap, my RBs suck. If Vereen and Andre Brown hadn't got hurt, I would definitely be benching Ridley and Wilson for them. Now I guess I am going to have to ride it out because the waiver wire looks like shit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Crap, my RBs suck. If Vereen and Andre Brown hadn't got hurt, I would definitely be benching Ridley and Wilson for them. Now I guess I am going to have to ride it out because the waiver wire looks like shit.
    Sadly, my team seems "doomed" as well. However, the eventual winner will have to deal with the macabre, ancient Gypso-Germanic curse I placed upon it. At some crucial point in the future. If you win it, and are not of Gypso-Germanic descent, your children will forever be "Fantasy Football" Idiots, squandering any draft choices and secondary pick-ups to the "true" trophy owner/linage!!!

Spoiler:
    Or, what ever!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bad News: I am getting whipped again in our league and should have started Gordon over Bowe.

Good News: I have Stafford, Martin, and Graham in my work league. So, while they are killing me in this league, I am winning that game.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dare I say that I have a decent chance of actually winning this week? 25 pts down and Peyton and Decker to go tonight.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jinx!

Dare I say that I have a decent chance of actually winning this week? 25 pts down and Peyton and Decker to go tonight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Jinx!

Winner!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! I'm not sure about the long term but near term Peyton M was a great pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Jinx!

Winner!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

To my disbelief, I'm 3-0 -- can we just end the season right now?

Country
    Country Flag

No, because I would finish winless then. Of course, the way my team looks, I might anyway.

Speaking of that, anyone interested in Gordon or maybe Antonio Brown? I am simply looking for a competent RB that I can plug into my RB2 spot behind Spiller.

Country
    Country Flag

So after 7 straight wins to open the season (my personal best), I finally lose because Seattle did squat against the Rams. All I needed was for Lynch to either score or get about 90 yards of offense. What the heck happened to them last night? Oh well, it has been a great ride so far. Hope I can win a few more and make the playoffs, which is something I have never done in FF before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast