Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I know I am not in your league - but thought i would share this from our draft - like the guy who drafted brees in the 2nd (he was #11 in our order) and then manning in the 3rd - we all gave him plenty of chance not to do this - but he wouldn't listen and drafted them both. And then started breed and sat manning - his team is not very good - except for his bench QB
    Was that guy hoping to force a trade later? He probably thinks that you all will be willing to give him anyone to get Manning now.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I know I am not in your league - but thought i would share this from our draft - like the guy who drafted brees in the 2nd (he was #11 in our order) and then manning in the 3rd - we all gave him plenty of chance not to do this - but he wouldn't listen and drafted them both. And then started breed and sat manning - his team is not very good - except for his bench QB
    Was that guy hoping to force a trade later? He probably thinks that you all will be willing to give him anyone to get Manning now.
    No, we think he's an idiot. He's my good friends brother - the guy running the league with me. He's been out of ff for a few years. None of us can explain it. I've offered him my back up qb (Vick) for his - manning. It's an entertaining group to say the least.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Im a total noob at this but im hoping to use this year as a training tool. any help would be appreciated.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Im a total noob at this but im hoping to use this year as a training tool. any help would be appreciated.
    Next year, draft Peyton Manning and ask him to throw for 7 TD's on your birthday!!! LOL

70 pts in one game, that's gotta be some kinda record...
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

probably for this QB heavy league at least.

sucks a good week from a RB or WR is like 25, which blows ass for a QB in this format
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    probably for this QB heavy league at least.

sucks a good week from a RB or WR is like 25, which blows ass for a QB in this format
    I see your point, but week in and week out TPTB keep telling us that the NFL is a "QB" driven league. IMHO, your fantasy game should reflect that axiom. Just MHO, of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure of our scoring system - but in mine manning only got 46 - still a shitload of points though. Still 70 is crazy - must be plenty of bonuses in your scoring

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure of our scoring system - but in mine manning only got 46 - still a shitload of points though. Still 70 is crazy - must be plenty of bonuses in your scoring
    Oh man, MY SCORING?? I just joined and had an "auto draft" like everyone else. Haters, be haters!! Playa's, sort of ROCK! Hate to defend my good fortune,,,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh man, MY SCORING?? I just joined and had an "auto draft" like everyone else. Haters, be haters!! Playa's, sort of ROCK! Hate to defend my good fortune,,,
    So what's the rest of this auto draft team look like? I meant your scoring system, not our -since I'm not in "your" league

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So what's the rest of this auto draft team look like? I meant your scoring system, not our -since I'm not in "your" league

Since you are not "in" the league, I find your posts to be grossly inappropriate, Call me "Old School". I can certainly take a "joke" with the best of them, but this seems "mean spirited" and something I would never expect from you. Maybe, I am too "literal", but unless shown otherwise.... You're grossly outta line. IMHO

I really don't need this crap.... I'll move on. I drafted a guy on "auto-draft" and am now "on trial"??? If you intended your post to be funny, it was lost on me. I generally like you, Chad. However, I am questioning my judgement, Maybe I should just "Go away". That do it for ya??/
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bill I need to give you a hug

The was no harmful intent. I was actually just curious as to your scoring system and the bonuses given to qb - since manning scored so many points. I got the mine, yours, ours, mixed up in the first message.
    As to the auto draft - I was sincerely curious to see the balance the computer drafted in a draft with so many rounds, and if anything auto draft might get you a more balanced team, taking out personal bias - and getting you the best personnel at each position. After doing so many drafts I am always curious to see how others come out.

So go back to the first thread that I mistakenly said our scoring and you replied "MY SCORING?" - after that I tried to correct myself and said it should have said your scoring - as in I was curious as to the scoring rules in your league - that was all - there are so many different scoring systems out there. Since I'm a commissioner of the league I'm in I'm learning about this - to go forward. They were all honest questions, without harmful intent.

Please forgive

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill I need to give you a hug

The was no harmful intent. I was actually just curious as to your scoring system and the bonuses given to qb - since manning scored so many points. I got the mine, yours, ours, mixed up in the first message.
    As to the auto draft - I was sincerely curious to see the balance the computer drafted in a draft with so many rounds, and if anything auto draft might get you a more balanced team, taking out personal bias - and getting you the best personnel at each position. After doing so many drafts I am always curious to see how others come out.

So go back to the first thread that I mistakenly said our scoring and you replied "MY SCORING?" - after that I tried to correct myself and said it should have said your scoring - as in I was curious as to the scoring rules in your league - that was all - there are so many different scoring systems out there. Since I'm a commissioner of the league I'm in I'm learning about this - to go forward. They were all honest questions, without harmful intent.

Please forgive

I would like to, but you posted in a "public" league and insinuated collusion.

Bad form.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a good day, and now IAB has me in their spotlight. Whatever you guys want to do is OK in my book. I am pretty much done. Apologies, notwithstanding. I did nothing wrong and yet I am being called on to explain myself. I got lucky, for a change. Way to fuck up a good feeling. Do what you all think is right.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bill - please tell me how I insinuated collusion. Because quite honestly I'm at a loss. Does anyone else that reads through my comment/question feel the same way? If so I would be happy not to post in the football thread in the future. Again - I was simply asking what were the scoring bonuses for qbs and what the drafted teams looked like - thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't mean to stir the pot in anyway - I have my own league to do that in - and would never do that in one that I do not directly partake in. It is true I'm an "outsider" in this league. So my questions were purely as to the scoring system to see how it differs than the league I'm in. As well as seeing how an auto draft compared to others "live" draft - which takes some bias out of drafting.

Country
    Country Flag

I have a good day, and now IAB has me in their spotlight. Whatever you guys want to do is OK in my book. I am pretty much done. Apologies, notwithstanding. I did nothing wrong and yet I am being called on to explain myself. I got lucky, for a change. Way to fuck up a good feeling. Do what you all think is right.
    Bill I never said you did anything wrong, nor did I ask you to explain yourself. Please reread my posts tomorrow. My second post - the second part of that post was the correction to my first post. I really think you took that one out of context. I simply corrected myself saying that the scoring in the league I'm in is different - so I simply asked what bonuses the qbs get - there's no insinuation of collusion there. Some leagues give an extra 10 pts if you pass over 300 yes, more if over 400, more if more than x number of tds- that was my question.

Then all I asked is how does the rest of your team look. So I cannot explain myself anymore tonight. I never meant any harmful or suggestive intent (again please read my posts - nothing malicious there).

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure what all that is about but the scoring is this:

6 pts for all TDs
    1 pt for 20 yards passing
    1 pt for 10 yards running/receiving
    5 bonus points at 300 and 400 passing yards
    5 bonus points at 100 and 200 running/receiving yards

The main differences from standard ESPN scoring and this league are the 6 points for passing TDs instead of 4 and the bonus points. I stole the idea for this scoring from a CBS league I was in although I don't think the bonus points were standard there either ( the TD scoring is.)

While this league may be "QB heavy" that does not mean a good RB or WR can't score you a lot of points too. Last year Doug Martin won me a game with 65 points and it is not like QBs throw for 7 TDs and 400 yards every week.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Chad meant anything wrong here. When he saw that Peyton scored 70 points, I think he was just curious how the 70 points came to be, since in his league, that number seemed a bit high. Every league is scored differently.

I'm hoping that Matt Ryan can throw 8 TD's today for me so I can still try to beat Bill this week

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa! And I thought I took fantasy football too serious. Lighten up fellas it's only a game! I can understand the butthurt if youngot blown up on by peyton manning or demaryius thomas, but come on! We are not even through week one yet.

As far as strategy is concerned, I certainly went for youth in this dynasty league. I ended up with the short end of the stick with RBs, but I feel like I did pretty well at the other positions. The QB bonuses are a new format for me, and I kinda went against the grain when I selected the two "running type QBs" but heck, those guys are young!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I just read threw the last two pages of posts and didn't think Chad said anything intended to disparage or offend you.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure what all that is about but the scoring is this:

6 pts for all TDs
    1 pt for 20 yards passing
    1 pt for 10 yards running/receiving
    5 bonus points at 300 and 400 passing yards
    5 bonus points at 100 and 200 running/receiving yards

The main differences from standard ESPN scoring and this league are the 6 points for passing TDs instead of 4 and the bonus points. I stole the idea for this scoring from a CBS league I was in although I don't think the bonus points were standard there either ( the TD scoring is.)

While this league may be "QB heavy" that does not mean a good RB or WR can't score you a lot of points too. Last year Doug Martin won me a game with 65 points and it is not like QBs throw for 7 TDs and 400 yards every week.
    cool - thanks for the info on scoring - saw where the extra 24 pts came from. If Peyton does throw that much again the guy who has him in our league might want our scoring system to change

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hahaha butthurt.
    as long as you don't butt fumble.

I really give absolutely no fuck whatsoever about this league, as its not for money.
    I will put my lineups in though.

Sounds like another case of people taking sports WAY too fucking seriously.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bill, I just read threw the last two pages of posts and didn't think Chad said anything intended to disparage or offend you.
    Yeah, guess I just mis-read intent. Chad, is a good guy. I'm still gonna kick Lazansky's ass though!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yeah, guess I just mis-read intent. Chad, is a good guy. I'm still gonna kick Lazansky's ass though!! LOL
    You're probably right

Country
    Country Flag

Eric and Bill, y'all have a heck of a game going. My game, on the other hand, is getting ugly. Guess I should have known better than to trust the runningback situations at Buffalo and New England.

Country
    Country Flag

Eric and Bill, y'all have a heck of a game going. My game, on the other hand, is getting ugly. Guess I should have known better than to trust the runningback situations at Buffalo and New England.
    Yeah, my team is playing very even so far, even with the horrible day Lynch had. Bill's got some big guns tomorrow night, so I need Dan Bailey to kick a lot of field goals tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast