Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just talked to my brother, he should be accepting his invite within the next day or two. Said he looked and it called him 'team 13' so he didn't join.... I just texted him and told him do it anyway, so we should be full shortly.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sunday's work great for Hutch and I on a draft, or nights on weekdays
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it did that because I deleted the team Nerak was going to use and added another. I will watch for that.

As for the draft, it is too early to give up hope of doing it live. I am going to try to find a time that most people can make. I am sorry if that means one or two will have to autodraft. SpaceMan, do you have to work nights on the weekends? ELazansky, if you are not available during August what about the first weekend of September? I wonder if Sunday, September 2, during the evening would work for everyone. Thoughts?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fine here
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Im pretty flexible. Let me know what the general consensus is and ill try to match

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I think it did that because I deleted the team Nerak was going to use and added another. I will watch for that.

As for the draft, it is too early to give up hope of doing it live. I am going to try to find a time that most people can make. I am sorry if that means one or two will have to autodraft. SpaceMan, do you have to work nights on the weekends? ELazansky, if you are not available during August what about the first weekend of September? I wonder if Sunday, September 2, during the evening would work for everyone. Thoughts?
    I should be good on Sunday 9/2. I will be recovering from surgery and I should be able to sit at a computer by then.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I work every night if it doesn't rain. Again, just pick a date without minding me, if I can make it I will, but if not, oh well. Obviously I'd want to live draft but it's not that big a deal to me if I don't get to.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Sep 2 sounds good to me, and Spaceman, any chance you could text/talk to anyone as your proxy for the draft? Or is work too busy?

Country
    Country Flag

My brother probably would proxy for me, if the LM could allow the time for it... that all depends on settings and how he runs the draft. It all depends on weather when I work really. I really don't mind auto drafting, it's not for money or anything.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am just going to use the ESPN website for the draft and I do not see any way to allow a proxy other than adding a second owner to your team. You could just give him your sign on instead. Either way, that means your brother would probably have to use two devices to do the draft, one logged in under your team and one under his team. As far as allowing the time for it, the longest it will allow me to set the time per pick is 2 minutes. If I do not edit the draft order, then you and your brother will be on opposite ends so that would give him more time between picks. Anyway, if you decide to have him draft for you and there is something I can do to help, let me know.

On another note, since we now have 12 teams I think that dividing the teams up into 3 divisions would even up the schedule. I will probably draw the new divisions out of a hat unless someone really wants to remain in a certain division. Anyone have an idea for a new division name?

Country
    Country Flag

Put us long-timers in a division called The Eld....

By proxy, I think he meant (as I replied to) that I would just call or text my brother my pick when it came around, he could type it in, then you assign it to me. That way I at least get a few people I want instead of relying on my auto-draft settings. All this hinges on if I can make it. If everyone shows up ready to go and you do it early enough I can probably do it before I go to work.

Country
    Country Flag

Adding the new division did not quite get the schedule like I wanted. With 14 games and 12 teams split into 3 divisions it should work this way: 2 games against each team in your division and 1 game against everyone else. The numbers work out perfect for that. But for some reason when I allowed the ESPN site to create the new schedule it assigned each person one team in their division to play three times instead of two. That means that everyone will miss out on playing one of the other teams. That is still better than with just two divisions where you would miss playing two teams but it is still strange.

Country
    Country Flag

I think you can edit game by game....
    That's why I prefer a 13 game schedule, with 1 week matchups in the playoffs and leave week 17 out of it since a lot of teams bench players if they're locked into the playoffs.
    I defer to the commish though.

Country
    Country Flag

Normally I would have just set it for 13 games but if it had worked like it should have it would have been cool for everyone to get to play each other. I may edit the individual weeks but that might turn out to be more of a pain than its worth.

Country
    Country Flag

Four announcements:

1. Since the consensus was for us to have the draft as late as possible, we are going to do a live draft 7:30pm Central Time on Sunday, September 2nd. If you cannot sign in to do the draft then please set your player rankings so that your team will auto-draft. That leads us to:

2. The draft order will be as follows:

1.Merlin's Giants NYC
    2.Algul Siento Breakers
    3.Garrell's Raiders
    4.Equus Asinus
    5.Square Pegs
    6.The La-Z-Boys
    7.Ben Staad Bears
    8.RUBE's .45s
    9.Underhax Breadcrumbs
    10.Hard Calibers
    11.Team cormier
    12.death by snu snu

3. We are going to have a 14 game regular season and sometime before the season starts I will edit the schedule game by game so that everyone gets to play everyone else at least once. However, as SpaceMan pointed out, playing playoff games week 17 is not the best option because so many players sit out that week so:

4. We are only going to have a two week playoff. That means we will only have four playoff teams so getting in will be a little more difficult. It was set for six teams with two getting a bye so I really just cut out the bye week.

(FYI, there is a consolation bracket for everyone that does not make the playoff for the championship.)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean Sept. 2nd? Cause Aug 2nd is today and thursday, not a sunday.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Fuck! Yes, I meant September 2nd.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the league full/ to late to enter?
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we have 12 already signed up. If we expanded you would make 13 and then we would be looking for a 14th. That wouldn't be a big deal except that it took us two months to fill up the league the first time so I am not sure that we want to open that door again. I will keep you in mind just in case someone decides to drop out before the season starts.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Much obliged RUBE. I'll check back in this thread periodically or just send me a PM if something changes. Thank you.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, who did you say has the number one pick in the draft?

Spoiler:
    Muwahahaaa!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the name Underhax Breadcrumbs whomever you are. BTW Merlin the #1 pick doesn't mean Jack! Who you picking Manning or Cruz? I know it has to be one of the two.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

#1 pick means first mistake
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Love the name Underhax Breadcrumbs whomever you are. BTW Merlin the #1 pick doesn't mean Jack! Who you picking Manning or Cruz? I know it has to be one of the two.
    If I am not mistaken, Underhax Breadcrumbs is Robert Fulman's team. I will make a key matching usernames from here with the team names.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the Algul Siento Breakers, but I have a habit of changing team names mid-season to light a fire under my usually sorry-ass team. Sometimes I change it weekly. The Breakers was the first cool sounding thing I thought of when I thought of DT not involving guns, plus I just thought it was some cool shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass.

And yeah, Underhax Breadcrumbs is a kick-ass fantasy team name.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast