Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Nerak decided not to play, so now we need two people. The other option is that I could change it to an 8 person league. Any thoughts?
    I vote to switch to 8 people and put this to bed.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nerak decided not to play, so now we need two people. The other option is that I could change it to an 8 person league. Any thoughts?
    Hey, if it comes to it ya gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have lowered the number of teams to 8 and realigned the divisions. If Spencer responds or anyone else posts that they want to play in the next few days, I will add the two spots back. If not, we will move on and discuss a draft date and time that works for the people that we have.

Also, I used the randomize draft order button to set the draft order with who we have now. However, I was thinking that if Spaceman had the final standings from the original league we could use those for the people who have played before and then fill in the gaps randomly with the new players.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not even July yet. You know that, right?

I'll dig for the standings, not even sure which site I ran that league on anymore. Oh you probably meant from a couple years ago, not the original original from like 05 or whatever. I can probably locate that a little easier, though you may have to remind me.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    It's not even July yet. You know that, right?

I'll dig for the standings, not even sure which site I ran that league on anymore. Oh you probably meant from a couple years ago, not the original original from like 05 or whatever. I can probably locate that a little easier, though you may have to remind me.
    I think the last one you ran was utilizing ESPN, Spaceman. FWIW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I have a calendar. It just seems that there is not a lot of interest outside of the eight we have now. I have not ruled out having ten. I can up the number of players any time before we have a draft. Do you have any ideas for other people to invite? I could ask people outside of this forum but most of the people I know that would have any interest are not Stephen King fans and some are not even regular readers. Let's try for a few more from here first.

I just spammed almost everyone that participated until the end in last year's NFL pick 'em. Hopefully we can get two out of that and the rest are not upset about the spam.

Wow. I am already getting responses, so ignore the first paragraph. I have changed the team limit to twelve because three have already responded.
    Last edited by RUBE; 06-27-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spam responses

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, a 12 team league isn't too bad. Any bigger and the talent pool gets a bit thin toward the end of the draft. Hopefully people will be up for trading this year, usually no one does.

I can always invite one of my brothers if need be, but we still have a good month before we need to worry about that.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys want I'd be happy to kick in a "Shiva" trophy for the winner. I coach a LL team and get trophies from Crown Awards so if you guys wanna go over there and poke around. You can "Build" your own trophy. Give me the agreed upon specs and I'll order it and have it shipped to the Commish (Rube). Lets stay around $50-$75 all in though. Cool? We could call it "the Gunslinger", "The Tower Trophy" or w/e you guys prefer.

Rube? I'll PM you my email for any correspondence needed to get this done.

Edit: My family has a FF league and we had one made called the "Schwalbach" for the town in Germany our forefathers came from. For the record it's currently residing at my house!!!!

Link: http://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/indexmain.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in. Wake me up when it's time to play.

Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, that is awesome that you want to create a trophy but are you sure you want to spend that much on it? I will have to check out the website this weekend and see what they have. It would be cool if they had a tower but I doubt it. If anybody has an idea for the name let us know. If all else fails we could just call it The Tower.

Also, I have your email. Just PM me a list of what all you need.

EDIT: OK, I went ahead and peaked at the trophies and there are a lot of things to choose from. I did see a couple that were torches where you could pick a figurine to go in front. We could choose a female figurine and call the trophy the Susan. Then again that might be in bad taste.
    Last edited by RUBE; 06-28-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: the Susan

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can upload your own art if ya like, then build the trophy. I would just need to know all the appropriate choices to make in order to actually order & pay for it. Fool around with the site a bit and let me know. We have plenty of time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm buying folks!!! Knock yourselves out!! Within reason of course!!! Might as well give some meaning to the win, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I created a trophy on their website and I have it in my cart. Any thoughts? The figure on top can be changed but that was the closest to a "gunslinger" I could find. We could just put a football figure instead.

Here are the specs:

19" Walnut Perpetual Trophy - #TRWD19P
    civilian-5.5" with pistol 0.50 0.50 Edit Item
    no logo/title - text only 0.00 0.00
    large gold plate-2"x8.5" 0.00 0.00
    eng sm plt 1 gold-.875x2.5 0.00 0.00
    ENGRAVING 1 of 1
    LARGE ENGRAVING PLATE
    Line 1: THE GUNSLINGER TROPHY
    Line 2: THEDARKTOWER.ORG
    Line 3: FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
    Line 4:
    SMALL ENGRAVING PLATE
    Line 1: 2012 CHAMPION
    Line 2:
    Line 3:

Notice the height of the trophy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

??????????????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure what you mean by that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure what you mean by that.
    Some glitch must have occured. If that is what you guys want I'm on it. No problem, Anyway I can access your account? Just to make it easier? BTW what's the "Official name"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I was just throwing this out there as a starting point. If we use the shooting figurine, I thought The Gunslinger Trophy would be appropriate but I am still not 100% on that figurine or name. One of these perpetual trophies could allow us to put people's names on it each year but if we don't want that then we could just go with a more normal trophy or cup. I say that we give everyone a chance to add their input and if they like this one then I will forward you my account info.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet looking trophy. It will look great on my mantle!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sweet looking trophy. It will look great on my mantle!
    You mean MY mantle!!!! LOL

Sounds good, Rube. You let me know when it's time to order it. Usually takes only 1-2 weeks for receipt!!! Are we ready for some football or what???? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For a name, how about "The Jake"???? Catchy? or the "Calvin"? Just throwing it out there. Come to me "Shiva" LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Jimla!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In retrospect, The "Callahan" sounds good. However, the "Jimla" is good too. Maybe the "Blaine" is good? C'mon fellow members chime in!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In retrospect, The "Callahan" sounds good. However, the "Jimla" is good too. Maybe the "Blaine" is good? C'mon fellow members chime in!!!
    I went outside of DT so to keep in the correct theme I like the "Callahan".

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bumbler? Sounds a bit to much like fumble probably.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast