Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like they are done doing maintenance. The league can be reactivated when you get the chance. Thanks.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It looks like they are done doing maintenance. The league can be reactivated when you get the chance. Thanks.
    The league has been renewed. Everyone can view their teams again.

We have been adding 3 roster spots each year so I have been just locking all the players in as keepers. Since several people have raised concerns about the size of the rosters, I have decided to cutoff the expansion and cap the rosters at 28. The draft will still be 3 rounds so everyone will need to pick 25 keepers from their current roster.

I set the keeper cutoff date as May 19th. So after you have watched The Dark Tower trailers a couple hundred times, check out your fantasy team and set your keepers.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be nice to involve league members and at least have a vote or discussion or such when making such changes.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The league has been renewed. Everyone can view their teams again.

We have been adding 3 roster spots each year so I have been just locking all the players in as keepers. Since several people have raised concerns about the size of the rosters, I have decided to cutoff the expansion and cap the rosters at 28. The draft will still be 3 rounds so everyone will need to pick 25 keepers from their current roster.

I set the keeper cutoff date as May 19th. So after you have watched The Dark Tower trailers a couple hundred times, check out your fantasy team and set your keepers.
    Thanks, Rube! I've already trimmed some fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    It would be nice to involve league members and at least have a vote or discussion or such when making such changes.
    I think the issue there is that it's just very hard to get everybody in the same room. Especially this time of year.

Back to watching the Dark Tower teaser.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That movie looks like its gonna suck. Never even close to the one in my head.

Anyway, nothin like football deadlines in May. ��
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All you have to do is pick 3 (or 4, if you have someone in IR) players that you don't want and mark the rest as keepers. However, if that is too soon for you all then I can give you another month or whatever. I just want it set with time before the draft so everyone knows who is available. Remember I would like to start the draft earlier so we are not pushing it like last time.

As for not involving everyone in the decision, the rule was always that we would cut off the expansion at 31. This is just a year early. The discussion is above where several people said there were too many roster spots already. I did this change as a compromise. You criticized me for not just making a change you wanted and instead putting it to a vote. Now I make a change to avoid expanding rosters even more because people were griping about it and you criticize that. But that's OK. Whatever y'all want to do. Just let me know and I'll make the changes. I just want a free fantasy league to participate in.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

here is what you said:

The poll results are in and using the regular season record to decide the draft order won. Based on the results, here is next year's draft order:

Draft Position, Team Name (Forum Name, if not obvious), Regular Season Record
    1. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    2. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    3. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    4. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    5. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    6. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    7. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    8. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    9. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    10. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    11. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    12. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    *not on the forum

Please continue to check-in here as we will continue to discuss rule changes throughout the off-season. I actually wanted to start discussion on the first idea tonight but I am tired so I will post it soon. (Probably not tomorrow because of the national title game.)
    That really didn't happen. Everyone went away, the espn website got put into maintenance, you came back and made the rule changes due to a couple of people griping about it.

Am i asking too much to have an input in rule changes? Or at least some discussion

Here is the kicker: I am willing and able to compete in ANY rule system and feel like i will still do pretty good. That sure doesnt preclude me from commenting on things about the league i do not like.

I dont want to cut one person to clear the IR slot much less 4. But if the league wants a capped roster then i guess I must comply. It just seems like you just decided on a whim to change it though with no discourse among league members. (perhaps understandably as it is probable that a majority wont even care)

I also agree with Spaceman that the keeper deadline in the middle of May is way too soon. too soon for 80% of the owners to come back and peek in this thread, before training camp in the NFL so you can have an idea of how a player might be doing and whether or not you should keep him.

I think you should stick with the original 31 man roster because that is what you always said it would be and perhaps some owners drafted accordingly. Or at the very least have a discussion about it in thread and put it up to a vote like you alluded to before we took the break.

I don't understand why you think I am criticizing you lol. I am being an active participant in the league. If you remember i lobbied for a rule change that was voted in even though it was to my detriment in draft position. Because it was the right thing to do and a needed rule change.

Once again I am willing to compete in any format under any rules system (and be successful) but that doesn't mean I am going to be quiet lol.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    That movie looks like its gonna suck. Never even close to the one in my head.

Anyway, nothin like football deadlines in May. ��
    I agree with this bro and it is breaking my heart! (the first sentence)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    here is what you said:

The poll results are in and using the regular season record to decide the draft order won. Based on the results, here is next year's draft order:

*not on the forum

Please continue to check-in here as we will continue to discuss rule changes throughout the off-season. I actually wanted to start discussion on the first idea tonight but I am tired so I will post it soon. (Probably not tomorrow because of the national title game.)
    That really didn't happen. Everyone went away, the espn website got put into maintenance, you came back and made the rule changes due to a couple of people griping about it.

Am i asking too much to have an input in rule changes? Or at least some discussion

Here is the kicker: I am willing and able to compete in ANY rule system and feel like i will still do pretty good. That sure doesnt preclude me from commenting on things about the league i do not like.

I dont want to cut one person to clear the IR slot much less 4. But if the league wants a capped roster then i guess I must comply. It just seems like you just decided on a whim to change it though with no discourse among league members. (perhaps understandably as it is probable that a majority wont even care)

I also agree with Spaceman that the keeper deadline in the middle of May is way too soon. too soon for 80% of the owners to come back and peek in this thread, before training camp in the NFL so you can have an idea of how a player might be doing and whether or not you should keep him.

I think you should stick with the original 31 man roster because that is what you always said it would be and perhaps some owners drafted accordingly. Or at the very least have a discussion about it in thread and put it up to a vote like you alluded to before we took the break.

I don't understand why you think I am criticizing you lol. I am being an active participant in the league. If you remember i lobbied for a rule change that was voted in even though it was to my detriment in draft position. Because it was the right thing to do and a needed rule change.

Once again I am willing to compete in any format under any rules system (and be successful) but that doesn't mean I am going to be quiet lol.
    You're right. It was actually this idea ( or a possible reboot if people couldn't live with 28 because that was too high) that I wanted to discuss. But it died in here and I figured the majority had already indicated that they wanted smaller rosters. I will send out an email and we will vote on it like we did the draft. I will give that the May 19th deadline. I will push back the keeper deadline to July 19th if it is voted in. (I did send an email about the deadline the first time so people don't have to peek in here.)

I never do anything on a whim (unless drunk.) I thought long and hard about how to keep everyone happy. This was the compromise between people that want smaller rosters and people like you and I that like the large rosters.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll is posted and the email sent out.

Fyi, Still Servant, you did not have to drop your players. If you pick your keepers with the "submit keepers" option then the other players drop back into the pool after the keeper deadline. If the vote is to go with 31 players, I will add three of these players (of your choosing, of course) back to your roster until the draft.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE
    I never do anything on a whim (unless drunk.)
    I missed the whole rest of the post because of this. Nice.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

My main beef with an actual keeper deadline before the draft is who knows if that player will be on that team by then, healthy, or even still alive for that matter. Values swing far too much until preseason week 3 or so to make those decisions in May, July, whatever. It's less of an issue keeping 25 people than a normal 4 or even 10, but still an issue. I hate that fuckin word.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Only two votes in the poll so far. Yes, I am back, and with Marshawn Lynch coming out of retirement, I'm feeling pretty confident again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The poll is posted and the email sent out.

Fyi, Still Servant, you did not have to drop your players. If you pick your keepers with the "submit keepers" option then the other players drop back into the pool after the keeper deadline. If the vote is to go with 31 players, I will add three of these players (of your choosing, of course) back to your roster until the draft.
    Ah, that's pretty cool. Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

FYI, the poll closes in about a day so go vote if you haven't. There are about four people that haven't besides me.

I will create another poll after this one closes so visit again this weekend.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

when is deadline for drops
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I see somemore people have dropped players already. You don't have to actually click on drop players. Just select your keepers and it will drop the rest at the keeper deadline. If you are on a computer it is easy to find the link on your team page. If you are on the mobile app it is a little harder. There you have to click on the "i" by your team name and then you can see the link to select keepers. Even if you dropped players you still need to select your keepers. Everyone must select 25 and not one less. If you want to drop more after the draft, feel free.

I was thinking of making the deadline July 19 so that everyone had a chance to see who was available before the draft but it really depends on the results of the next vote. What type of draft we have will determine when we will need to start it and when the keeper deadline will need to be.

Country
    Country Flag

The vote on the roster cap ended and it was voted that we cap them at 28. Please see the above post about selecting your keepers. We had a decent turnout for the vote (9 of 12). Please keep it up as I have just posted a new poll. Here is what it says:

"We need to decide what type of draft we will have this year.

We used ESPN's draft software to do our draft for the first several years but that forces us to use a snake draft. It also failed us last year when a glitch allowed one person to get three picks before everyone else. We would be able to have the draft later by choosing this method but there is the chance we could have the same issue and then we will have a hard time getting the draft done in time.

We went to a slow draft conducted on the league message board when we had the problem last year. This is what I have wanted to do since the beginning. Obviously this method would take longer and would need to be started earlier. It also forces more participation because members will need to keep track of who is available and when it is their turn and cannot just "auto-draft."

With a slow draft we also get the option of either snaking the draft or not.

I know that some have suggested we switch to Yahoo! but I think we should hold off on making such a move until we reboot the dynasty league, whatever year we decide to do that.

Please vote before June 9th."

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry that I did not post this immediately after the poll closed but I have been busy/on vacation. The type of draft that was selected in the poll was a slow draft that does not snake. As a result this is the complete order of our draft that we will again have on the league's message board:

Round 1:
    Round 2:
    13. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    14. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    15. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    16. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    17. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    18. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    19. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    20. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    21. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    22. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    23. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    24. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    Round 3:
    25. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    26. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    27. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    28. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    29. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    30. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    31. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    32. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    33. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    34. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    35. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    36. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    *not on the forum

Now we need to discuss when we want to start our draft. I am not going to put up a poll yet but if we cannot decide here then I will take the most popular choices listed here and create one. I know that there will be a wide range of thoughts on this matter but let's please keep this as civil as possible.

I suggest that we start the slow draft on Monday, July 31st. Last year each person had up to 24 hours to decide on their pick. By starting on July 31st, that allows for each person to use their full allotment of time, me to enter the picks, and still have two days for players to come off waivers before the NFL season starts on September 7th. I understand that most people will not use their full 24 hours but it also gives us a cushion just in case we have an issue such as someone deciding to quit mid-draft. With this timeline, I would leave the keeper deadline as July 19th so that there is a little time before the draft for people to see who has been dropped and adjust their draft boards accordingly.

Please chime in and make your suggestions on when to start. If we do not have a consensus in a week or so, I will create a poll.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry that I did not post this immediately after the poll closed but I have been busy/on vacation. The type of draft that was selected in the poll was a slow draft that does not snake. As a result this is the complete order of our draft that we will again have on the league's message board:

Round 1:
    Round 2:
    13. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    14. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    15. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    16. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    17. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    18. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    19. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    20. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    21. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    22. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    23. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    24. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    Round 3:
    25. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    26. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    27. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    28. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    29. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    30. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    31. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    32. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    33. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    34. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    35. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    36. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    *not on the forum

Now we need to discuss when we want to start our draft. I am not going to put up a poll yet but if we cannot decide here then I will take the most popular choices listed here and create one. I know that there will be a wide range of thoughts on this matter but let's please keep this as civil as possible.

I suggest that we start the slow draft on Monday, July 31st. Last year each person had up to 24 hours to decide on their pick. By starting on July 31st, that allows for each person to use their full allotment of time, me to enter the picks, and still have two days for players to come off waivers before the NFL season starts on September 7th. I understand that most people will not use their full 24 hours but it also gives us a cushion just in case we have an issue such as someone deciding to quit mid-draft. With this timeline, I would leave the keeper deadline as July 19th so that there is a little time before the draft for people to see who has been dropped and adjust their draft boards accordingly.

Please chime in and make your suggestions on when to start. If we do not have a consensus in a week or so, I will create a poll.
    I am fine with the dates you propose.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The proposed dates sound good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We are on the same page. I was going to say August 1st, then I saw you said July 31st.

Country
    Country Flag

We have an opening in the league. I have tried reaching out to a couple of the original members that left for one reason or another but they decided to pass. Now I am opening it up to the first person to send me a message with their email.

I will also reopen the thread that we used last year to recruit. If anyone knows someone on here that might be interested then reach out to them.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

who dipped?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Well he said that he would like to take a year off from fantasy football but would stay on if he absolutely had to do so (ie, we don't find a replacement) so I will hold off on naming him until we know for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast