Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Congratulations to DoctorZaius for winning the 2016 Championship! His team The Forbidden Zone beat Garrell's Raiders 137-109 in the championship game.
    Thanks - A killer quarterback and three killer wide receivers proved to be just the cocktail needed to put me over the top. Thanks for having me along.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    dont sweat it, man. I'm sure i can get a topper inexpensively. I have to take the plate in to a shop get it engraved anyways. Y'all paid a pretty penny just to ship it, so i'll cover getting a new topper.

Appreciate you shipping it out though!

(and with luck i can repeat and save on shipping charges next year! LOL )
    No such luck dude - that baby is coming my way!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I may consider returning next year if the opportunity presents itself. After all I was one of the early sponsors of this thing and would hate to see it shelved. If you need it (or want it) I will come on board. FWIW.

Congratulations to the Doc for the big win this year. Take care of that trophy!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I may consider returning next year if the opportunity presents itself. After all I was one of the early sponsors of this thing and would hate to see it shelved. If you need it (or want it) I will come on board. FWIW.

Congratulations to the Doc for the big win this year. Take care of that trophy!!! lol
    I will put it in a place of honor, right next to my picture of myself holding the most recent Red Sox world series trophy!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Doc
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Congrats Doc
    Thanks - I don't know if I had the best team, but I had the best team on the days it counted.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats DZ! It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that the two teams that played for the championship were in my division. Way to represent!

Believe it or not, this league was one of the few bright spots of my fantasy season. Thanks for letting me join. It was a lot of fun.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are glad to have you as well.

I will be posting the poll on whether to include the consolation games for deciding draft order today on the ESPN page. I already figured out the draft order either way. The funny thing is that it only swaps two picks and they happen to be two people that said we should change it.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    dont sweat it, man. I'm sure i can get a topper inexpensively. I have to take the plate in to a shop get it engraved anyways. Y'all paid a pretty penny just to ship it, so i'll cover getting a new topper.

Appreciate you shipping it out though!

(and with luck i can repeat and save on shipping charges next year! LOL )
    No such luck dude - that baby is coming my way!
    Congrats man! I will get you a box shipped out soon!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just dont understand why you just dont do it because it is the fair thing to do! LOL

The consolation bracket does not give you anything! You cant win the trophy, in fact you can only hurt yourself by pushing yourself down in the draft.

You want to have a dynasty league, but you hold onto some archaic redraft rules, lol

Why shouldnt someone who lost more games not get a higher draft pick? Its all relative to perspective I guess. I got extremely butthurt when u pushed me down to number 3 a few years ago when i had the worst record (for the 2nd year in a row LOL) but then it all worked out because ELasansky picked Amari Cooper 1st overall because he needed a WR (and then promptly quit the league again when that didnt solve his problems) and then Spaceman went Melvin Gordon. I got Gurley my #1 pick at 3 and won the championship when he blew up (along w Cam and Freeman) but then the same guy shit the bed the next year because the Lambs suck arse, LOL You never know what can happen in fantasy football.

I really love the ALL Keeper format, but with players so scarce on the waiver wire and all teams sandbagging as many studs as they can don't u think it is a little unfair if teams that did better in teh prior season can somehow pick higher than a team who did not do as well? Or that they get benefit on when the draft snakes? It doesnt add to a positive dynasty league experience is the teams that are the worst performers cant select higher in the draft and I will say that no matter whether im 1st or Last.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Congrats DZ! It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that the two teams that played for the championship were in my division. Way to represent!

Believe it or not, this league was one of the few bright spots of my fantasy season. Thanks for letting me join. It was a lot of fun.
    I really feel like you did a fantastic job turning your team around and have a great attitude and a worthwhile addition to the league. You even snaked up some players i was wanting rofl
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Before everyone scatters to the 4 winds for a number of months until next season. I want to bring up an idea I have had.

I am contemplating starting and commishing a separate Draft from scratch league to run concurrently with this league. Now I in no way want to take any participation away from this league and personally am in it for the long haul in this dynasty format. I really enjoy building a team over time and being able to keep so many blue chip players.

I also recognize that some folks want to play a re draft league and/or have a more casual boardie fantasy football experience.

I plan on opening a Re-draft from scratch league with 10 or 12 teams on yahoo. Id hope folks might want to participate in both but i surely dont want anyone to pull the plug on their Dynasty team to jump over to the new one. Its possible that I am wrong and we wont be able to fill two leagues with participants from these boards but I am going to give it a try.

There will be a couple of interesting options that I want to explore:

1st I want to make the Re-draft league a Money League with a small buy in of $20 a head. This will enable us to have a prize for the winner at the end of the season. My first Idea was that if I can fill the league with all King book loving boardies I would collect the $20 from each owner and then send the funds in the pot to David at Betts Books to purchase a gift certificate, allowing him to keep a hold of it until the season is over and grant it to the winner at the end.

2nd i am exploring the option of using Individual Defensive players in the league. I know you can do this in Yahoo (and for free) and if I can find enough owners who would be down with that too I would implement it.

I understand that some folks only want one fantasy football team while others like myself are ravenous addicts of the hobby and play multiples, but i think we can fill and run two leagues and (with recruiting) keep the Dynasty League full and all folks getting the kind of fantasy experience they desire. Just figured Id throw this out there while some folks are still peeking in this thread and I will begin recruiting early next year.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just dont understand why you just dont do it because it is the fair thing to do! LOL

The consolation bracket does not give you anything! You cant win the trophy, in fact you can only hurt yourself by pushing yourself down in the draft.

You want to have a dynasty league, but you hold onto some archaic redraft rules, lol

Why shouldnt someone who lost more games not get a higher draft pick? Its all relative to perspective I guess. I got extremely butthurt when u pushed me down to number 3 a few years ago when i had the worst record (for the 2nd year in a row LOL) but then it all worked out because ELasansky picked Amari Cooper 1st overall because he needed a WR (and then promptly quit the league again when that didnt solve his problems) and then Spaceman went Melvin Gordon. I got Gurley my #1 pick at 3 and won the championship when he blew up (along w Cam and Freeman) but then the same guy shit the bed the next year because the Lambs suck arse, LOL You never know what can happen in fantasy football.

I really love the ALL Keeper format, but with players so scarce on the waiver wire and all teams sandbagging as many studs as they can don't u think it is a little unfair if teams that did better in teh prior season can somehow pick higher than a team who did not do as well? Or that they get benefit on when the draft snakes? It doesnt add to a positive dynasty league experience is the teams that are the worst performers cant select higher in the draft and I will say that no matter whether im 1st or Last.
    You can go on and on but I am not just going to change a rule that we have had for the entire time without a majority vote. I am sure it will pass so I don't know why you're getting so "butt-hurt" as you call it. The funny thing is the only person to benefit from the current rule this season would actually be you. SpaceMaN would jump you in the order if we change but everyone else would have the same pick.

Also, you bring up the snake draft part again when I have said multiple times that I CANNOT change that on ESPN. That is why I think we should stay with the slow draft but you hate that idea as well. I am trying to make as many people as possible happy with the league not just you. That is why I am going to put EACH suggested rule change to a vote. Guess what is next... the type of draft. Then we can go from there if other rule changes are suggested.

Good luck with the new league. I hope it goes well and you don't have to have these kinds of arguments.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know we can email and petition ESPN to update their settings to make their fantasy site more appealing. To everyone not just us. I'm not sure what money it brings ESPN but if enough desert to yahoo over a specific rule or setting or two maybe they can change it. Everyone here raves on yahoo, I just don't get it. It seems clunky and outdated to me. Each their own.

As for a concurrent league, good luck. Go back to the first few pages of this thread and see how easy it was to get started, and for free! I've shared my opinion on that many times so...

Even though it benefits me (and me alone apparently) I still say the consolation games should be moot. The other league I'm in the winner of the toilet bowl gets first non keeper pick as reward. Then back to reverse record. Thats only keeping 4 not 29 too.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You can go on and on but I am not just going to change a rule that we have had for the entire time without a majority vote. I am sure it will pass so I don't know why you're getting so "butt-hurt" as you call it. The funny thing is the only person to benefit from the current rule this season would actually be you. SpaceMaN would jump you in the order if we change but everyone else would have the same pick.

Also, you bring up the snake draft part again when I have said multiple times that I CANNOT change that on ESPN. That is why I think we should stay with the slow draft but you hate that idea as well. I am trying to make as many people as possible happy with the league not just you. That is why I am going to put EACH suggested rule change to a vote. Guess what is next... the type of draft. Then we can go from there if other rule changes are suggested.

Good luck with the new league. I hope it goes well and you don't have to have these kinds of arguments.
    Rube I hope you are not getting bent out of shape with me composing volumnious amounts of words in these posts lol. Just trying to communicate what I think. My vociferousness is not aimed at you or meant to be taken as accusatory

I do not think changing rules without league vote and approval is warranted. I also am not continuously and currently butt hurt over the draft position lol, I just was a little at the time. That ended quite quickly when I got the pick I wanted at 3 overall. But i still think it is only fair for the folks with the worse in season record to be picking higher than those with a better one.

I know you cant change ESPN and although I dont understand a league reticence to move to a better website, I am totally fine with competing on any platform we choose. Not trying to tar and feather you for the ESPN websites shortcomings, just a little perplexed at why we wouldnt move if there is a better option.

As far as the draft is concerned. We started a slow draft last year because we couldnt even get all of the people to show up for a live draft. We had to horsewhip the thing along and didnt even complete it as Garrell did not even make his third pick.

I have zero problem drafting in a web boards posts fashion if all participants were respectful of the other owners time and effort and tried to keep the draft going, but that is hard to achieve with 12 different peoples all on different schedules and with different levels of want of participation.

Having a slow draft also benefits the weaker player, as in if you have basically as much time as you want to think about your pick you have less a chance to screw it up. Picking early in the season to ensure we have enough time to get it done (due to neglect of non participatory owners) also opens another can of worms. Pre season injuries, not having enough time in training camp to evaluate talent, and the like. If you do your homework and are ready to drfat and there in the room on draft date, you will benefit. Some person will make a bonehead pick. Some owner will not show up and the computer will autopick for them. Your team benefits by getting guys you want.

I dont see these posts as arguments lol. More of enthusiastic participation. If you do and are butthurt about it i can certainly pipe down rofl

Kudos to another year in the league and thanks for the interesting format. It certainly keeps me motivated.

and congrats again to Doc Zaius for winning the trophy!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    You know we can email and petition ESPN to update their settings to make their fantasy site more appealing. To everyone not just us. I'm not sure what money it brings ESPN but if enough desert to yahoo over a specific rule or setting or two maybe they can change it. Everyone here raves on yahoo, I just don't get it. It seems clunky and outdated to me. Each their own.

As for a concurrent league, good luck. Go back to the first few pages of this thread and see how easy it was to get started, and for free! I've shared my opinion on that many times so...

Even though it benefits me (and me alone apparently) I still say the consolation games should be moot. The other league I'm in the winner of the toilet bowl gets first non keeper pick as reward. Then back to reverse record. Thats only keeping 4 not 29 too.
    We have a non traditional format. Yahoo is much more customizable which would make our format fit their interface better (I think) It doesnt really matter that much to me where we play but I get miffed by folks not showing up to a draft to participate, the whole draft being screwed by a missed input, and the general espn draft settings making a keeper league have to pick all of your keeper guys in a row before selecting your new picks in the last three rounds.

You might be right about not being able to field enough peeps for two leagues. I am going to try it though. I will certainly give my preference to this original keeper league.

I am in agreement that we should use regular season standings for determining draft order (even if it costs me a spot! )
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I need to correct you on one point and then I am going to enjoy my holiday weekend.

We did not do the slow draft because someone did not show up (that is what auto-draft is for.) We did the slow draft because ESPN's draft software screwed up and gave Equus Asinus three picks in a row to start the online draft. There was no way to fix it either because even though it showed all his keepers it was not counting two of his retired players at the time of the draft. I worry that might be an issue again.

We actually discovered that Joe had quit the league without telling us because of the slow draft.

Anyway, y'all have a Happy New Year!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My final thoughts.

First off, thanks for having me back. I had some trouble with fielding a team each week last year with the death of my father, but you all kept me in the fold, and I appreciate it. Thanks to those of you have taken the time to congratulate me on my win. I look forward to posting a pic of the trophy in its new resting place.

Second, I actually liked the slow draft format we were forced to use this year. I liked having the extra time to look at how it was progressing before my pick. I'd like to keep it.

Third, I hope we keep the scoring format the same. I know this was raised a while back. I feel that a keeper league should not change scoring formats since teams have been built on the current one.

Fourth, I know this is a reach, but for selfish reasons I would like to shift things to Yahoo - I do all my other leagues there so it's a matter of convenience.

Fifth, I would like to reduce the size of our benches a bit. There is just never anything on the waiver wire.

Sixth, I like the idea of a redraft league, as long as it's Yahoo based - I'd up it to $40 I'd be up for both.

That's it for me. Non of the above will impact whether I come back or not. Thanks for a fun season.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I really feel like you did a fantastic job turning your team around and have a great attitude and a worthwhile addition to the league. You even snaked up some players i was wanting rofl
    Thanks, man! I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to continuing to build the team.

As for the other league, I will have to check what the other leagues I'm in are doing. I was in 6 leagues this year and I'm not sure I want to add another.

I really enjoyed the slow draft. I have no problem with doing that again this year. I don't really care how it's determined, but I feel a traditional snake draft is better for keeper leagues as opposed to snake.

I also plan on being on this board all year.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Gabriel coming back? I want to offer a trade.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

The poll results are in and using the regular season record to decide the draft order won. Based on the results, here is next year's draft order:

Draft Position, Team Name (Forum Name, if not obvious), Regular Season Record
    1. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 2-12
    2. Blaine's Pains (Jason*), 4-10
    3. Bethlehem Steel (AstroDad), 6-8
    4. Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfehr), 6-8
    5. Gone19 (SpaceMan), 6-8
    6. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8
    7. Big Coughlin Hunters (Still Servant), 7-7
    8. death by Snu Snu (Kent*), 7-7
    9. Rube's .45s, Fourth-place, 11-3
    10. Equus Asinus (SkippyDo23), Third-place, 8-6
    11. Garrell's Raiders, 2016 Runner-up, 11-3
    12. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius), 2016 Champion, 10-4
    *not on the forum

Please continue to check-in here as we will continue to discuss rule changes throughout the off-season. I actually wanted to start discussion on the first idea tonight but I am tired so I will post it soon. (Probably not tomorrow because of the national title game.)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Is Gabriel coming back? I want to offer a trade.
    I sent him a message and he plans to stay in the league.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's early, but I just want to put this out there.

I'm looking to move up into the top 3. I have the 7th overall pick.

I'm willing to swap first round picks, plus a player. I'm also open to trading a player for the pick straight up. Obviously, in that scenario, the cost on my end would have to be a very good player. It's something I'm open to though.

Right now, ESPN is doing maintenance, so if anybody is interested and would like to look at my team, we will have to wait.

Country
    Country Flag

The maintenance thing is annoying but understandable since it is before football drafting starts. I was trying to go in and look to see if anyone still had players in their injured reserve spot and start looking at keeper setup for the new season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The maintenance thing is annoying but understandable since it is before football drafting starts. I was trying to go in and look to see if anyone still had players in their injured reserve spot and start looking at keeper setup for the new season.
    Yeah, hopefully they will make things run a little smoother. I know for a fact I have Danny Woodhead in my IR spot. I wish I could remember some of the rest of my teams. I can't remember if I picked up Mike Gillislee in this league at the end of the year or another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast