Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I have your address so a $10 bill could pop in there at any time...
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Got it today! Thanks bro!

Pics to come...

Football/goalpost thingy snapped off the top on its journey, but I will go get something new to put on there. It is just a screw-in topper, easily changed, so i will replace it.
    Glad you got the trophy. Please post a pic once you have it fixed. Try not to spend too much money on it. Hell, scars give it character, right?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Got it today! Thanks bro!

Pics to come...

Football/goalpost thingy snapped off the top on its journey, but I will go get something new to put on there. It is just a screw-in topper, easily changed, so i will replace it.
    Glad you got the trophy. Please post a pic once you have it fixed. Try not to spend too much money on it. Hell, scars give it character, right?
    Yes...*gets out disk sander*
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So good to see you haven't changed Jon. Makes me miss the old days.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see another Hoosier!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I haven't paid much attention myself since the season ended but there are a few things that anyone who wants to remain in the league should checkout before the NFL draft gets here.

Primarily if you have anyone in your IR spot you need to move them back into your active roster or bench. That means you will need to drop someone unless you did not have a full roster. The reason we need to do this now is two fold. First rosters will lock around the time of the NFL draft meaning that you will not be able to edit your roster and I will have to do it for you. The second is because ESPN has not locked our teams yet so you can offer trades right now. However, you cannot offer or accept a trade if you have a player still in your IR spot.

Please adjust your rosters accordingly and feel free to make trade offers.

Country
    Country Flag

I have renewed the league for the upcoming season. This means that your players from last year are locked in as keepers.

Some of you have a player still in your IR spot. I sent an email to those this applies to but it occurred to me that you can't see the IR player now. You can click on the history section to view your team from last year if you can't remember who you had on IR. Please let me know if you want to drop someone to keep the IR player and I will fix your roster.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to another year. I'm really in between on my needs for the upcoming season. I certainly need some help at a number of positions.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have renewed the league for the upcoming season. This means that your players from last year are locked in as keepers.

Some of you have a player still in your IR spot. I sent an email to those this applies to but it occurred to me that you can't see the IR player now. You can click on the history section to view your team from last year if you can't remember who you had on IR. Please let me know if you want to drop someone to keep the IR player and I will fix your roster.

This is why I have been hesitant to play for several years! Since we went "public." We are beholden to ESPN or whomever..i just cannot start clean... there has to be some silly catch... no even playing field.

This frustrates me to no end as i feel this is just an other example of elitism on this site... given what i understand... there is no way to overcome not being involved now or with the last season... or the one before...ect. Thus elitism. I must say that, as one who helped build this group/thread...I find the elitism insulting. While no one has been disrespectful to me at all (in fact, quite the opposite)...I mean the "process" is elitist.

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, I am sorry you feel that way. We are not trying to exclude anyone but we have been able to keep most of the people coming back each season. Because of that I suggested trying a dynasty format that allows us to build our teams over time and it was voted to try it. I know that eventually everyone will decide that it is time to clean the slate and go back to a redraft league but I think a majority still wants the dynasty format. Either way we have an open spot if you want to participate.

Since Jon has raised the question, can everyone that plans on rejoining for the coming season confirm that here? As part of your confirmation, please let me know if you want to keep the dynasty format or re-start as a redraft league. I am enjoying the format (and that is probably because my team has gotten a little better each season) but I will go with whatever format the majority wants.

Country
    Country Flag

I am in, as is my brother. We don't care which format.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am back in. I prefer a redraft each year, because I am lazy and it's the same as I do with other leagues. I would also prefer a Yahoo league, but again, that is because it's what I am used to. Thanks for having me back.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Who the heck is this guy to come in the league and beeyotch because it is not how he likes it?

The dynasty format should STAY. I built my team from scraps, had the worst record for two years in a row and now am on top and I plan to stay there.

I respect the commish and his want and desire for a dynasty league and I really think it would majorly suck if someone who isnt even participating comes in and torpedoes what we have built.

If folks want a redraft league we should start one and run it concurrently with the dynasty.

One thing is for sure, dynasty is for the big dogs. The serious fantasy footballers. I can understand that a not so serious player might want to participate but doesn't have the desire ( or the skills) to hang in the big league. There is no reason we can't do both. All it will take is some league management and recruiting
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The League champs are back in. You can take my dynasty team from my cold, dead hands.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm posting from work on my phone. Ill revisit this thread when I get back home to meet computer
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in and and fine with the format. I do wish it wasn't on ESPN but other than that no problems.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

after re-reading Jon's post, I cant even decipher why he is pissed off.

Elitist? It is fantasy football man! lol, you can choose to compete or not compete. It seems like you are butthurt over the conversion to a keeper/dynasty league?

why not come in with a positive attitude instead of firebombing the thread because the league is not exactly the way you want it?

I mean hell, if some folks want a re-draft option, we can have both things! lol

Folks around here act like no one gives a rats ass about fantasy football enough to host leagues on this site, but that is not true. It just means that a little work must be put in with recruiting and replacing owners who may leave in the offseason.

With our current format, it is now probably obvious that the format is not as kind to the casual player, but if being in the big boys league is not your cup of tea, then seek a new league or dont participate. dont come in and bitch and try to ruin it for folks who are enjoying the format.

I support the idea of changing the website because I dont believe ESPN.com is the best portal to run a league on, but hey RUBE has done a good job and if he wants to keep it there, I dont have a problem participating on it. It is free.

I also think we could start a draft from scratch league to run concurrently with the Dynasty league. what might be interesting would be to make it a low buy in money league with, say $20 dues that could be put in towards a Bett's Bookstore gift certificate awarded to the league champion. That would make it pretty interesting if you won the league!

I'd like to tip the hat to folks who are devoted to keeping the dynasty format. RUBE is all about it and I feel like he has done a good job as commish. I haven't always agreed with all of his rules but hey you can choose to participate or not. There is not sense in getting bent out of shape over it. I also know that Spaceman and his bro are fierce competitors and no Fantasy Football Lambs. Even though Ive butted heads with ya a few times Spaceman I respect yer skill and devotion tot he competition (and the fact that you pulled $30 out of yer pocket to mail me the league trophy, lets hope it stays here for a few years so i can save on postage )

Please please please keep the dynasty format. My team is so good im liable to have a hissy fit if i lose it ROFL.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep the ship afloat including help with recruiting or even commishing a second redraft league if we decide we want/need one.

Looking forward to competing for many years to come as the Walkin' Dudes
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Hey, thanks for the Watkins and Sankey advice!
    LOL you only have a shot at one of em, as i'm picking first!
    sure glad i didnt pick Bishop Sankey!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

IN:

Rube's .45's (RUBE)
    Mid-World Mediocrity (SpaceMaN)
    Death By Snu Snu (Spaceman's bro Kent)
    The Forbidden Zone (DoctorZaius)
    Walkin' Dudes (lookwhoitis)
    Ben Staad Bears (Ben Staad)
    The Derry's Rejects (gunslinger41)
    Equus Asinus (Skippydo23)

8 of 12 so far...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

thegunslinger41 sent me a PM about the league so I am sure he is in. I will talk to Jason but I am fairly confident he will return. I also feel that way about Garrell and thus his friend Joe. So we need to hear from SkippyDo23 and find a replacement for ELazansky's team.

At this point it would be a major undertaking to move the league to a new site but whenever we do "reboot" the league, I would like it to be on Yahoo!. Their fantasy advice isn't great but their site is much more user-friendly and adjustable for running a keeper league.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I am in.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Yahoo specifically for all the easy and sort-able data they provide. The ESPN interface just doesn't work for me.

At this point it would be a major undertaking to move the league to a new site but whenever we do "reboot" the league, I would like it to be on Yahoo!. Their fantasy advice isn't great but their site is much more user-friendly and adjustable for running a keeper league.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for the late response but I am in for this season and am fine with keeping the Dynasty Format.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dynasty Format???

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The Dynasty Format???
    There's an open team LOL, why dont you get in?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast