Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2616

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering football players are being paid to cut years /decades off their lifespans, I don't really take issue with them making millions to play a 'game'... plus, take a player like Peyton Manning who almost single handedly revived an entire city. I mean, can you measure the benefits to reinvigorating Indianapolis in millions of dollars? Probably not.

And, you know, CTE and all that other fun stuff.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

PS: Not that i think (good) teachers shouldn't make more money, i just believe you should pay people what their worth. And some athletes are worth it, IMO.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I am a unicorn, obviously.

Actually, it's a *tad* bit more complicated than that.

The football thing is my dad's fault. He was a high school coach (wrestling as well) and I spent most of my young life following him around to games and meets. Partly because I had to when I was very young but eventually I grew to love it. He never had a son, so he groomed me into a kick ass jock, I just played volleyball and softball instead. Sports were the only thing he and I ever connected on so after all these years, it's just stuck with me. Now my Thursdays, Sundays, Mondays and Saturdays in December revolve highly around football and I watch baseball in the spring, in the hope that the Tigers aren't complete garbage. Needless to say, it was a rough season for me. Verlander finally getting his ring kinda made up for it though, especially with the Astros, who are some of my favorite players.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    It'd be different if the US didn't groom kids to be idiots that can catch or throw a ball. No reward in being smart in America anymore. Teachers get paid shit while sports 'stars' make millions on fucking GAMES!

I'm just glad the world wars happened before smartphones and the sports epidemic. We'd all be in New Germany right now.
    So it's only the sports stars that make millions in this country? You do realize there are CEOs of corporations making triple what some of the highest paid athletes make. They have little or no talent whatsoever and usually get to where they are because of politics and the fact they went to a great college usually because their parents have a ton of money and status of their own.

Most of the football players we watch on a weekly basis will be forced to get a real job after their careers are over. Careers are short, the contracts aren't guranteed and many (not all) don't take care of their money very well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't even get me started on the Waltons...

*barely contained fury*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! I thought I was going to steal one this week against the best team in the league with two of my best players on bye. Walkin' Dudes ran into some hard luck with Freeman getting hurt, but then Cam decided to turn back into Cam Newton after a two year break and that's all she wrote.

Would have been a huge win for me. Now I find my season at a crossroads once again.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My defense has a bye week coming up, and apparently the only available defense is the colts, who also have a bye week :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd trade you one, but you sent that with an iphone using tapatalk.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd trade you one, but you sent that with an iphone using tapatalk.
    How about now?
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Better do it quick, tomorrow is the deadline.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chargers or giants ? I want a D in return. I'd offer but I'm not sure which team you are.

I'm Sad Sax.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a unicorn, obviously.

Actually, it's a *tad* bit more complicated than that.

The football thing is my dad's fault. He was a high school coach (wrestling as well) and I spent most of my young life following him around to games and meets. Partly because I had to when I was very young but eventually I grew to love it. He never had a son, so he groomed me into a kick ass jock, I just played volleyball and softball instead. Sports were the only thing he and I ever connected on so after all these years, it's just stuck with me. Now my Thursdays, Sundays, Mondays and Saturdays in December revolve highly around football and I watch baseball in the spring, in the hope that the Tigers aren't complete garbage. Needless to say, it was a rough season for me. Verlander finally getting his ring kinda made up for it though, especially with the Astros, who are some of my favorite players.
    Chargers or giants ? I want a D in return. I'd offer but I'm not sure which team you are.

I'm Sad Sax.
    Giants have a defense? I believe they play your team this week. They are going to get torched.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know who played against Keenan Allen today....but you have my sympathies.

I played against him in two leagues. I think I'll go cry myself to sleep.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know who played against Keenan Allen today....but you have my sympathies.

I played against him in two leagues. I think I'll go cry myself to sleep.
    My friend sat him in one league.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So did mine, Mikey. He emailed me mid game to confess to me what an idiot he had been. Lol

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    My defense has a bye week coming up, and apparently the only available defense is the colts, who also have a bye week :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the upping of the D/ST position limit. this season was definitely the wrong move
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know that it is not something that I wanted to do and exactly for that reason. However, one of the people that had drafted too many defenses wasn't responding and it seemed like the only way to get the draft results entered.

Most likely I will "fix" this in the off-season but that is the only time it will let me change roster limits. Only one team has four defenses right now though. With each team able to have three it is still possible for this to happen but I don't think it should be lower than three which is where it has been until this year.

Unfortunately for Wolfhr this week it would not have made a difference in who won the game anyway.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just cant believe someone would keep multiple defenses and kickers in this format instead of a skill player. I contemplate taking zeros instead of covering byes every time because i just dont want to cut anyone, LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate kickers, but I don't see a problem with keeping at least 2 kickers. Especially in this league where the roster is so big. The same goes for a defense. I never keep more than one of each in my other leagues that feature smaller rosters.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big win for me this week. The overrated Steelers defense was able to hold on against a Rodgersless Packers team. Hunt has really shit the bed for me. I'm going to need him to be half the player he was earlier in the year if I'm going to do anything this year.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

In Hunt's defense...it's the Chiefs that have shit the bed. I mean seriously....WTF happened to those guys?!!!?!?

Also, I'm happy to say I Julio Jones'd someone in the mouth this weekend, and managed to not play him in my other two leagues. PHEW! If I play my cards right this week, I might end up in the playoffs in all three leagues this year. WOOHOOO

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In Hunt's defense...it's the Chiefs that have shit the bed. I mean seriously....WTF happened to those guys?!!!?!?

Also, I'm happy to say I Julio Jones'd someone in the mouth this weekend, and managed to not play him in my other two leagues. PHEW! If I play my cards right this week, I might end up in the playoffs in all three leagues this year. WOOHOOO
    True. Hunt's success early was opening up the passing game. Teams decided to fill the box and make Smith beat them and we've seen what's happened since. Their defense isn't as good as it was supposed to be either.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are two weeks left in the regular season and there are about seven teams left with a shot at taking the four playoff slots. The Walkin' Dudes have almost wrapped up the White division but Equus Asinus has an outside shot at catching him and an even better chance at the wild card spot.

Death by Snu Snu and my team will battle for the Red division this week but the loser will also have a shot at the wild card spot.

There is a three-way fight for the other division between the Big Coughlin Hunters, Garrell's Raiders, and the Forbidden Zone.

The next couple weeks will be interesting.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    There are two weeks left in the regular season and there are about seven teams left with a shot at taking the four playoff slots. The Walkin' Dudes have almost wrapped up the White division but Equus Asinus has an outside shot at catching him and an even better chance at the wild card spot.

Death by Snu Snu and my team will battle for the Red division this week but the loser will also have a shot at the wild card spot.

There is a three-way fight for the other division between the Big Coughlin Hunters, Garrell's Raiders, and the Forbidden Zone.

The next couple weeks will be interesting.
    I want that Division so bad. I'm hanging in there despite Winston going down and the decline of Hunt. Bryant has also been a huge disappointment for me this year. I was figuring on a big year from him and have gotten next to nothing.

Country
    Country Flag

I took a risk playing a hurt Antonio Brown and I thought it was going to pay off for a little while. Then Brown can't catch a 35-yard TD and Bell gets the TD on the next play (with some help from a dumb Bengals player). That was an 18-point swing.

Country
    Country Flag

So with one regular season week to go, here is where we stand:

Walkin' Dudes have won the division and are in.

Death by Snu Snu and The Big Coughlin Hunters will win their divisions by winning this week and will both be in. I am tied with Death by Snu Snu but he has the tiebreaker by beating me both times so I would need him to lose and win myself to win the division. Garrell would need to win, have The Big Coughlin Hunters lose, and then win a tiebreaker to win the division since they split games.

The wild card spot will go to either Equus Asinus or the second place team from The Red division depending on how this week goes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast