Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Merlin1958 (Bill) has agreed to take the open position and rejoin the league on one condition. He wants to make sure everyone is OK with it. Please see his comments in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Rube, your message folder is full. I'll post my reply here in full disclosure.

Jeremy,

Okay, but I'd hope you would get some kind of consensus from the others. I really don't want to just jump in as it was before. If they are cool, I'm cool. Given what you can expect from me. otherwise, good luck I hold no grudge or anything. Okay?

Wild Bill
    If anyone has a problem with it, send me a message. I have deleted a few messages so I can receive them.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nevermind. We still need a person to join. If you have a suggestion, please share.

Country
    Country Flag

Since we still don't have that elusive 12th member, I am pushing the keeper due date back one week to July 26th. If you haven't selected your keepers please do so, this is just to give the new person a chance to make their own decision on keepers. We really need to recruit someone this weekend.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard to find a member right now lol when most folks are not thinking about football yet.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should have taken Wild Bill back since then at least we would have a full league. But of course he did come right in proclaiming he would talk more shit than anybody and then proceeded to get butthurt in a nanosecond as soon as he surmised some shit was being talked to him

I think the idea of making keeper designations super early and having a draft way early before training camps is not absolutely a necessity. If we can make that happen then sure i don't care, I will post cuts / draft whenever. The main priority is that we have 12 committed owners ready to play. If that takes a little longer to fulfill, who cares. At least we are not trying to do it at the last minute like last season. The idea that we can not get through a 3 pick draft in a timely fashion and have to start it just days after official nfl training camps open seems to me a bit ridiculous (although i play fantasy football year round so i think this method actually gives me the advantage in evaluating picks, LOL). If we spend our preseason time making sure we have committed owners (which we are doing right at this moment) then we shouldn't have a problem getting through a draft, even if it is picking on a message boards. The grand task is getting 12 asses in the seats and then getting muggs to pay attention
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Between SEC media days and Elliott acting like an idiot for the Cowboys, I have been thinking a lot about football recently. Training camps are about to start and that gets me excited. Of course I may be into football more than your average person...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Between SEC media days and Elliott acting like an idiot for the Cowboys, I have been thinking a lot about football recently. Training camps are about to start and that gets me excited. Of course I may be into football more than your average person...
    Im right here with ya RUBE. I play in a 32 team league that has a salary cap and pretty much rolls year round (with a couple of slow months)

but casual owners are not on the horse yet (or who knows, maybe they are) I think its more a issue of just rounding up all the doggies and getting folks to focus.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Between SEC media days
    who is yer SEC team i forgot...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Texas A&M. Its a make or break year for Sumlin.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Texas A&M. Its a make or break year for Sumlin.
    yall coming to the Swamp this year. Looking forward to it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Im right here with ya RUBE. I play in a 32 team league that has a salary cap and pretty much rolls year round (with a couple of slow months)

but casual owners are not on the horse yet (or who knows, maybe they are) I think its more a issue of just rounding up all the doggies and getting folks to focus.
    Holy shit! Does that league consist of people you know in real life? I don't even know 32 people that can spell Fantasy Football let alone play it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should have taken Wild Bill back since then at least we would have a full league. But of course he did come right in proclaiming he would talk more shit than anybody and then proceeded to get butthurt in a nanosecond as soon as he surmised some shit was being talked to him

I think the idea of making keeper designations super early and having a draft way early before training camps is not absolutely a necessity. If we can make that happen then sure i don't care, I will post cuts / draft whenever. The main priority is that we have 12 committed owners ready to play. If that takes a little longer to fulfill, who cares. At least we are not trying to do it at the last minute like last season. The idea that we can not get through a 3 pick draft in a timely fashion and have to start it just days after official nfl training camps open seems to me a bit ridiculous (although i play fantasy football year round so i think this method actually gives me the advantage in evaluating picks, LOL). If we spend our preseason time making sure we have committed owners (which we are doing right at this moment) then we shouldn't have a problem getting through a draft, even if it is picking on a message boards. The grand task is getting 12 asses in the seats and then getting muggs to pay attention

Hey, I bought the trophy you are all passing around. That is cool, it was what was supposed to happen. I was in it, to win it from the start. Yes, I did, from other leagues, enjoy the trash talking aspect. I tried to mend fences and was immediately censored, or whatever you want to call it. That's cool. I understand. I no longer wish to participate. I only offered because I thought you guys were in a rock and a hard place and didn't want to see it disbanded. I am OUT. will stay OUT, but show me just a little respect, huh? Have fun. Enjoy yourselves, but my name need not be mentioned in the future. Cool?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Hey, I bought the trophy you are all passing around. That is cool, it was what was supposed to happen. I was in it, to win it from the start. Yes, I did, from other leagues, enjoy the trash talking aspect. I tried to mend fences and was immediately censored, or whatever you want to call it. That's cool. I understand. I no longer wish to participate. I only offered because I thought you guys were in a rock and a hard place and didn't want to see it disbanded. I am OUT. will stay OUT, but show me just a little respect, huh? Have fun. Enjoy yourselves, but my name need not be mentioned in the future. Cool?
    The league wont be disbanded... we have plenty of time to get a new owner. You most certainly did come in exclaiming how you were going to talk smack and then got butthurt and ruffled feathers as soon as someone said something that certainly sounded like smack talking.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

RUBE please, LMK if the july 26th deadline will stand for cuts or if we are still going to wait on getting a new owner
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Relax guys. Everyone is an infallible bad ass here on the internet!
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And fuck your mom. Especially if it offends you.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

RUBE please, LMK if the july 26th deadline will stand for cuts or if we are still going to wait on getting a new owner
    I will push it back. There isn't much point in starting the draft with only 11 of the 12 spots filled and that is why we needed keepers set.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on and join in the fun! I took over a team about three years ago, and look where I wound up. Perhaps your name could be next!

I hope that no one is angry with the larger font size for the last two years. lookwhoitis asked me to try to make his like the others. And let me tell you, getting matching engraving proved to be enormously difficult. I had to drill two new holes for each of these. I will enjoy you trying to take it from me. I am aiming to repeat, just like my Patriots!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Job DoctorZaius and congrats!

Just so all know i kinda of dropped the ball last year and waited to the last minute to get the trophy engraved and the one i had done looked kind of crappy. Dr Z got the job done right and the trophy looks grand!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

It looks good. I was actually thinking of asking both of y'all to post a pic with the trophy last week but never got around to it.

Come on somebody! Join up and take a shot at getting your name on that trophy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How married to the idea are we about having the person who takes over the team be a DT.org member?

I might be able to get my friend to do it. He's expressed interest in joining a keeper fantasy football league. I've known him since 1995. He's also in the Dynasty fantasy baseball league I was telling you guys about last year. It could be a last ditch effort if nobody joins. I'm really surprised we haven't had any takers yet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i still think we should wait and try and get a boardie. Once pre-season starts up folks will become interested.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I think a number of us could get someone that is not a member here if needed but we really want that to be a last resort. Of course we have had to resort to this before and that is why we have two league members that are not from the forum.

I think that we give it one more week and then we start considering this.

Country
    Country Flag

i still think we should wait and try and get a boardie. Once pre-season starts up folks will become interested.
    Preseason started tonight

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Preseason started tonight
    Yes, but a lot of eyes from this forum were probably viewing that Dog's Breakfast of a movie tonight. When folks' local teams get fired up with next weeks week 1 of preseason games, the part timers might start paying more attention to football.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast