Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, my brother joined, and I am just about to tell it to draft for us. I'm going to randomize the draft order by drawing cards 1-10 and assigning them to the order of the teams on the league page. The 10 teams are:

The Dead of Tull --SpaceMaN
    Team Gooch -- not sure of member name
    Team Mitton -- candy
    Gilead Revolvers -- Spencer
    jk's gang green -- jayson
    Team Merlin -- merlin1958
    Rube's .45's -- RUBE
    Team Garcia -- educatedlady (i think)
    Equus Asinus -- not sure
    Team Henderson -- my brother Kent, not a member of dt.com

The rules and scoring are listed a few posts back. Again, any questions, feel free to ask here, or on the message board of the league page on espn.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All right, the draft is set for 5:00am EST on the 8th, the earliest I could get it to do it. Sorry about the short notice before the first games, but taking this long to fill the league, I was afraid that would happen. Every owner will receive an email when the draft is complete. PLEASE PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON, as abandoned teams corrupt the integrity of the league. I'll be glad to help with advice on who to play or whatnot, but a lot of it is really left up to luck and injuries and such. Good luck everyone, and I hope you all enjoy the first annual dt.com fantasy football league. I will post periodic updates here on the site, but most of the action will take place on the espn league page.

Thank you,
    The Commish
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

my draft board is all set

with nine other teams, i am hoping i worked out the strategy to get just what i want.

best of luck to everyone.

when the draft is done, let the wheeling and dealing begin.

and then...

on with the football!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I better take one last look at my draft strategy. I sure that I probably already messed with it enough that I have screwed myself up more than I helped.

Good luck with the draft everyone!

well, i don't know about the rest of you, but i couldn't be more pleased with the way that draft went down.

i think at this point my strategy should be self-evident, but in addition to collecting top defenses, i also managed to grab philip rivers and ben roethelisberger as qbs, got both thomas jones and leon washington (who is a touchdown machine on both offense and kick returns) and speaking of kick returns, i also got devin hester (and i have to imagine the chicago offense is going to feature a lot of cutler to hester so that is a promising starter every week).

that said, there are still a few elements i am looking for in an offense. i imagine someone of the other 9 might be shopping for a defense. i'd entertain offers that i have one to spare of the three i picked up.

now to analyze how the competition did.

and spaceman, thanks for running this thing. i can see this is going to be a lot of fun.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty satisfied with my team. Didn't get Brees, but Schaub puts up numbers too.

I hope everyone is happy and sticks around the whole season. Even passing interest in football and simple research, you can manage a team in 10 minutes a week, on a Tuesday or a Wednesday, and be a competitive and fun bystander in the magical world of fantasy football. I believe I've already stated that I am a nerd for this. Maybe that's why I have 8, or maybe 9 teams this year, with wild variations on rules and points and players and teams. But it's all fun. Thanks for playing. And I totally enjoy being The Commissioner.

Any questions, just ask.

Country
    Country Flag

A few notes though, Jayson. Defenses in the first two rounds, that's crazyness, and I spelled that wrong on purpose. You ended up with a well rounded squad, but that's dangerous, as defenses put about 140-160 points a year, as the top RB and QBs get closer to 300. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Country
    Country Flag

candy has a really good team, stocked at WR.
    Spencer's got a stock of RB's that should score well.
    Merlin's got a glut of QBs, but very solid WR's as well, and good plug-in running backs.
    Rube's the one that got Brees, (damnit) and all high scoring starters. (by last year's numbers.)
    Team Garcia, I'm sorry to say, looks pretty bad. In need of RB help immediately.
    Equus Asinus is a well rounded team, young sleepers on the bench (for now).
    I think my brother got a really good team too, and he knows what he's doing.
    Almost forgot Team Gooch, decent draft, could put up big numbers, but could also lowball.
    And if you wanna know what I think about my team, don't even ask, because I'm gonna win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    A few notes though, Jayson. Defenses in the first two rounds, that's crazyness, and I spelled that wrong on purpose. You ended up with a well rounded squad, but that's dangerous, as defenses put about 140-160 points a year, as the top RB and QBs get closer to 300. We'll see how it all shakes out.
    i'm not too worried about my offense seeing as how i still managed to get philip rivers at qb and thomas jones at rb. for all the hype ladainian tomlinson gets, the guy can hardly play a full season anymore while jones quiety leads turns in the best numbers in the afc year in and year out. my receiving group looks strong. i'd like to upgrade at tight end but overall, i am pleased.

obviously the drafting three defenses was a strategic move. one of them is most assuredly for sale. if nobody wants it, i will be more than happy to have those three defenses to choose from every week. we'll see in the end how many points it generates. i'll take my chances.

Country
    Country Flag

I offered you a trade, I thought. If you rejected it, feel free to counter-offer.

i saw that. i think i rejected it on the league site. reject seems like such a harsh word. i'm holding out for a bit more at the moment, but who knows. right now hightower is not what i am looking for, but things change.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very happy with my starters but on their bye weeks it may get rough. I am not sure which of my players someone would be willing to trade for but I may be willing to trade for another good receiver.

I agree that Candy looks to have a very good team and so does your brother. It's funny that you and him face off the first week.

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I was looking to get into a league, looks like i was a bit late to be a part of the league ( but i plan on being on the site.)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty happy with my team (Team Gooch). Peyton Manning, Marion Barber, Ochocinco, Witten, Elam. Whos gotta bye this first week?
    Sloth Love Chunk

ah, ok. i could not recall who team gooch was. now i know. good to see you b.c.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Had much better draft results with this team than my other team at my job league.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    well, i don't know about the rest of you, but i couldn't be more pleased with the way that draft went down.
    Um, my team SUCKS.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Spencer's got a stock of RB's that should score well.
    Not any more. I'm totally reorganizing, As soon as all the waivers clear I'll have a new look. It should end up pretty good.

Country
    Country Flag

Gah, all the players I would have picked are on someone else's team. Ya'lls bench guys are better than my starters.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I'm an idiot. I can't figure out how to make lineup changes to my team or add/drop players. I'm in 3 other leagues but I'll be damned if I can figure out how this one works!!! Probably something stupid and very easy to do, but I could really use any help anyone would be kind enough to offer

HELP!!!!!!

LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

The add/drop players stuff is under "My Team" above the main body of the page, and above your team logo.

spencer - i don't think your team is as bad as you think it is, but i can see at least one player you have that i'd be happy to take off of your hands if there's something i have you may be interested in. let me know.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    The add/drop players stuff is under "My Team" above the main body of the page, and above your team logo.
    I'm sure I am obtuse (as Andy Dufresne would say) but I just don't see it. I have choices labeled Roster etc. but none gives me the option to change the lineup. I'm logged in but I tried to acquire a def and had no idea how to do it!!!!

There is no "my Team" choice and I know what that is as its on my Yahoo team

I really appreciate your patientance
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Spencer, are you sure about all of those people you dropped? I mean, who are you going to pick up? If you don't want them I will be glad to upgrade my backups.

Merlin, have you figured it out yet? The tabs "league," "my team," "players," "standings," and "scoreboard" are above the choices labeled roster and such. Click on "my team" and from there you can move players around. If you want to pickup a player you can click on the "players" tab.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Spencer, are you sure about all of those people you dropped? I mean, who are you going to pick up? If you don't want them I will be glad to upgrade my backups.

Merlin, have you figured it out yet? The tabs "league," "my team," "players," "standings," and "scoreboard" are above the choices labeled roster and such. Click on "my team" and from there you can move players around. If you want to pickup a player you can click on the "players" tab.
    I have no "My Team" choice on my screen. Just Roster, etc and overview. I must be on the wrong screen or something. I can go to the leahue page and then click on team merlin but it brings me to the screen mentioned I can see my players etc. but no option to move them around.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast