Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default DT.com Fantasy Football League

Fantasy football season (and hence football season, and pick-em season) is nearing. If anyone would like to be in a dt.com league, I'll gladly set one up for either an auto-draft or a live (online) draft if we can coordinate it in time. That's why I mention it in July. I'd do it on espn.com, as they have free live scoring. Either say something in here or send me a message on here or at spacemany0@yahoo.com ,,,, other details will be discussed once we see if we have enough people interested to run a decent league. (at least 6, preferably 10, maximum 14 or 16 (teams get thinner with more than 12 teams, 10 teams lets everyone have a decently good shot))

I appreciate all your input and will answer any questions you have as best I can.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I might do so. I have no idea how to do this though.

(I find myself saying that a lot.)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll definitely do it. I usually only stick with baseball drafts but I've been wanting to try a football one
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i'll definitely play

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in joining in.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I might do so. I have no idea how to do this though.

(I find myself saying that a lot.)
    me too jon

i would like join,
    they have this at work and because i am a girlie i never get asked

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sign me up.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well like i said, i'll see how it goes and set up a league soon, i'd much prefer a live online draft, as then you can get who you actually want... So any suggestions on when would be a good time for everyone? It would be really nice to have everyone there to draft. I can set up a private league no problem, if more than 12 want to play (11 plus me) I could possibly do two separate ones, where I'd play in one and just commish the other one. That would kind of split champs but I think 12 teams should be the cutoff. Good to hear from all of you, keep it coming! Once I get it set up, I'll either ask for email addresses or post the password(s) in here. Oh yeah, you must have an espn.com account to do the live drafting or even be in a league. It's all free though. Keep me posted.

quick edit: there's no need for previous experience, although it would help you if you have played before. Before any drafting I will post all rules and scoring in here and it will be on the league page on the site.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like a live draft as well but I have no idea what time would be a good one. How long before the season can you do the draft?

Country
    Country Flag

I've already drafted 3 or 4 teams, it's ready to go now, I'd just have to set it up. I've got one set up now for a 10 team league. You can go here: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueo...eagueId=116336
    to see the league page, although there won't be anything on it until we draft and get all the teams. I guess first 9 replies gets in the first league. If you don't plan on participating all the way through, please let someone who will take your place.

So far participants are:
    1. SpaceMaN
    2. Jon
    3. Ozymandias
    4. R of G
    5. SkippyD023
    6. Candy
    7. Rube

Please send me a PM here to confirm your wish to join, including an e-mail address to send the league invite to.

If we fill it up, we can post draft in here (would take a long ass time, but it's doable if we start early enough.)

Come on people, I'd really like to see this happen, and will even make a prize for the winner.

ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!

Country
    Country Flag

You should PM Needful Kings. I bet he would participate.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could say "yes" but I've never been into the Fantasy thing, and I don't know that I can properly invest the time. I hope you understand.

I will run the pick-em contest as usual, so hope all will join there too.

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, come on Bill, it requires about 5 minutes tuesday to set your lineup for the next week, subbing for byes and all that. If you don't want you don't have to, but it's really fun and makes you way more interested in the games.

Also, I've got confirmations now from Rube, R of G, candy, and skippyD023. I'll be sending those emails today, and we'll see what happens.

Country
    Country Flag

Sent league invite e-mails to the 5 people who have confirmed interest.

Oh and so everyone knows, if I'm not around for a week or so, I still check in, it's just that I have a pinched nerve in my back so I'm not very mobile. I will get this going though, if we get 4 more participants. If not I'll shrink the league and re-send invites to a different league. Come on people only 55 days till the season starts!

Country
    Country Flag

What about Randall Flagg or John Blaze? They always participate in the pick-em contest and do pretty well.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspect you should give up on me. I have very limited time until two weeks from now.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not as into this board as many of you are, feel free to invite people you think might play to check out this thread and possibly join the league. Jon, you're in if you wish, the season is a month and a half away.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

wow!! they are dropping like flies spaceman.
    well i'm all ready with a pre draft team (apparantley???) and ready to play, i hope more people join, i shall ask aroun

Country
    Country Flag

four of the five i've sent invites to have joined, R of G being the exception. with me, that's 6 teams, only 4 more and the league is a go. I know, the season is more than a month away, but I'd like to get it set up now to make sure we have one.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll get in on this, as long as I don't end up with Derek Anderson as my QB, I'm good.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll play.

Though this will be my foray into Fantasy Football.
    (Though don't let that lead you to believe that I am an amateur football fan. Just never played fantasy ball)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Spencer and BC, did you PM SpaceMan your e-mail addresses so he could send you an invite to the league? Just wondering because when I last checked it there was still only four teams set up.

Country
    Country Flag

sent invite to Browning's Childe to join. I'll have to look around and see if I can find Spencer's email addy. I don't know where I learned my math either, if Spencer joins, then we have 3 more spots to fill.

Country
    Country Flag

About a month to go, and still waiting for 3 or 4 more participants to get the teams ready.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I'll get in on this, as long as I don't end up with Derek Anderson as my QB, I'm good.
    He was SO frustrating as a college QB (here at Oregon State), but managed to garner success. I was shocked to see him starting in the NFL. He's got the size, but his feet are like cement at times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast