Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What your favorite characters say about you

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    1. Hank Rearden - Atlas Shrugged
    Hot Damn! I knew it!

Glad to have you, sai. Thanks for posting.
    3. Wyatt Earp
    Fictional, JB; we're doing favorite fictional characters. That means that you still have an open spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    What is the problem with Ace Ventura?
    I think my sense if homour is good because.. because.. I like it. :laughs: Not very convincing I guess.
    Just teasing. Different strokes for different folks. What I enjoy is something more like Liar, Liar. That's my favorite film with Jim Carrey.
    I was only surprised: I was totally with you on every character right up until that last one. I even LMAO at Night at the Roxbury. (My favorite character in it was Richard Grieco, though. And I do think that that counts: the real Richard Grieco was a real sport to play himself that way.)

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Spoiler:
    does santa count?
    Um... I, uh... I can't say!
    This is harder than I thought.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti, there's nothing wrong with Ace Ventura, and you are awesome, you already know that.
    :hugs you: Thank you, Bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    You're not a deep soul? Now I feel myself more shallow. I am in love with your list that tells me you're in love with people who can do everything for their passions without hasitating.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I do have a crash on men who know what they want and they would do anything for it. If that goal has a real meaning, too... I am in love.

Anyway you are everything but shallow. You are one of the most interesting and amazing girls I have ever met. As I have written before: I wanna spend some days in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    What is the problem with Ace Ventura?
    I think my sense if homour is good because.. because.. I like it. :laughs: Not very convincing I guess.
    Just teasing. Different strokes for different folks. What I enjoy is something more like Liar, Liar. That's my favorite film with Jim Carrey.
    I was only surprised: I was totally with you on every character right up until that last one. I even LMAO at Night at the Roxbury. (My favorite character in it was Richard Grieco, though. And I do think that that counts: the real Richard Grieco was a real sport to play himself that way.)
    I can love this incredibly silly humour. Not cheap.. but crazy humour.
    I bring Ace Ventura from my childhood anyway. I was a very stressed little gal but I could laugh so much at these movies that they made me relaxed. So I have good memories with them.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears can't even comment on people's choices... they don't know anybody...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Don't worry about it. It's the same with me. If I know two from the list I feel proud.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never know two from any list unless they are King characters...

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, bears should appreciate of me choosing Henry Leyden, at least.
    And there's two more Sai King's characters in my list. Bears relieved now?

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I started to put together a list and was only coming up with bad guys
    I might have to think about it some more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Your favorite characters all being "bad guys" doesn't necesarily make you bad, ya know. A lot of bad guys often end up with the most deep emotional realizations and ultimate redemption.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    So, bears should appreciate of me choosing Henry Leyden, at least.
    Bears do! Bears do! Bears would put Henry on their list, were there another slot!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Hot Damn! I knew it!

Glad to have you, sai. Thanks for posting.
    3. Wyatt Earp
    Fictional, JB; we're doing favorite fictional characters. That means that you still have an open spot.
    Good! I was so pissed at myself for not putting down Hellboy!

so yeah,

2. Goku - DBZ
    3. Hellboy
    4. Edmond Dantes - Count of Monte Christo
    5. Xander - Buffy
    6. Fred - Angel
    7. John McClane - Die Hard
    8. Augustus McCrae - Lonesome Dove
    9. Xeones - Gates of Fire
    10. Bean - Ender's Game

and you knew what about Hank Rearden?> Is that a bad choice? I numbered my guys 1-10, but in reality they're all thrown in there in whatever order they came to my mind. The only one i was sure I wanted for number one was Hank Rearden, he's, to me, the true measure of a man.

Fuck John Gault.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Here's my list. It was hard to narrow it down to ten, and I still feel like there's some big ones that I'm forgetting.

1. Edward Scissorhands
    2. It/Pennywise
    3. Jim Stark - Rebel Without a Cause
    4. Beetlejuice
    5. Michael Myers - Halloween Series
    6. Tyler Durden - Fight Club
    7. Angela Chase - My So Called Life
    8. Mason - Dead Like Me
    9. Catherine Morland - Northanger Abbey
    10. Ned - Pushing Daisies

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

wow, you are obviously deranged.......

J/K!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I gotta try this....

1.Thad Beaumont (The Dark Half)
    2. The Doctor (Doctor Who)
    3. Captain Jack (Doctor Who & Torchwood, although I like his Torchwood role better)
    4. Jack [The Narrator] (Fight Club)
    5. Adam Trask (East of Eden)
    6. Plato (Rebel Without A Cause) [Tough call btwn Plato & Jim though, I admit!)
    7. Eddie Dean (Dark Tower series--duh!)
    8. Houlden Caufeild (Catcher in the Rye)
    9. Henry Leyden (Black House)
    10. Harry Dresden (The Dresden Files)

Not sure what these say about me other than that I read a lot of King and I'm very ecclectic.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

What about mine? You could comment on my choices, n'est-ce pas?

... and you knew what about Hank Rearden?> Is that a bad choice? ...
    I wouldn't pick him for a favorite, myself, of course, but I certainly wouldn't say that it's a bad choice. Respect!
    I just figured that you would like him, although I can't recall ever hearing you actually mention Ayn Rand before. I guess it shows that I know a little more about you, already, than I realized.

Country
    Country Flag

What about mine? You could comment on my choices, n'est-ce pas?
    vraiment c'est ça! Silly bear had lost your list, he only now found it at the bottom of your first post.

I was so pleased to see Cyrano there - that's whom I kinda always associated you with! There's more to you than meets the eye, I mean (among the many other things I mean)... and I can never get enough of that, and I'm so sorry I keep falling behind you everywhere, I so wish I would bring that old bearhead in the right condition for our talks.

Captain Nemo surprised me greatly... I got to reread, but I don't think there was anything about that character that would entitle him to the name of character... as it often happens with Jules Verne guys... though maybe that mysterious obscurity is the clue... on the other hand, as Hercules Poirot so rightly remarked, he who talks always reveals everything no matter what he talks about...

Rick Blaine of course, I should have known... it's all Cyrano again, wearing Captain Nemo disguise as long as he can bear it... they both (Nemo excluding) form such a perfect unity with McMurphy that I can't but wonder where Berger comes in... and Elwood P. Dowd finally killed me because I thought it was me!

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, only now I noticed path had Captain Nemo, too! Now I'm happy.

I myself chose him because he was a big part of my childhood. I read and watched the books and movies so many times my Mom started to worry a little.
    Jean is right, the mystery is the answer, at least for me.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Breezy

... and you knew what about Hank Rearden?> Is that a bad choice? ...
    I wouldn't pick him for a favorite, myself, of course, but I certainly wouldn't say that it's a bad choice. Respect!
    I just figured that you would like him, although I can't recall ever hearing you actually mention Ayn Rand before. I guess it shows that I know a little more about you, already, than I realized.
    I'm not a disciple of hers or anything, but I agree with alot of her ideas.

Hank Rearden tho, he just commands respect. He's the kind of man I want to be.

wow, you are obviously deranged.......

J/K!
    I know, it's quite a mix of characters.

Ves, I love Plato as well. He such a sweet person. I was very sad at the end of the film.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, if I had to choose fictional characters I relate to, I may have gone Jim Stark (or not with RWOAC at all), but to pick a favorite then it is dear, sweet Plato.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Gay

I'm going to drop these, in random order and pretty much off the top of my head :
    • Sal Paradise ( character On The Road )
    • Matt Murdock / Daredevil ( character Marvel comics )
    • Eddie Dean ( character Dark Tower Series, you might have heard of it )
    • Det Olivia Benson ( character Law & Ordrer: SVU tv series )
    • Roger ( character RENT play )
    • Evey ( character V for Vendetta movie )
    • Jean Louise "Scout" Finch ( character To Kill A Mockingbird )
    • Brian Kinney ( character Queer As Folk tv series )
    • Juror # 8 ( character ( played by Henry Fonda ) in 12 Angry Men )
    • Lucy Farinelli ( character in Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta book series )

I can think of about a million more. And picking between Sal Paradise and Dean was very hard, and between V and Evey, as was choosing between Scout and Atticus Finch... but felt I should only pick one favorite from each play/book/movie/tv show, etc.

And I'm bummed that I couldn't figure out who to bump in order to fit Hamlet in there, cause I love him, and that's my favorite Shakespearean play.

Oh, and don't get me started on not having a spot for Jean-Luc Picard !!! Or Jed Bartlett, or Abby Lockhart.

Actually, it's funny - because thinking about this... I could keep going and going. I tried to mix it up with at least one from each possible source ( theater / tv / movies / literature ).

We so would should have gone with 10 from each genre.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    And picking between Sal Paradise and Dean was very hard,
    It's cool though. You can be Sal to my Dean.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And picking between Sal Paradise and Dean was very hard,
    It's cool though. You can be Sal to my Dean.
    Oh, I love that !!!

When do we leave?! Click Me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No time like the present.

That map is awesome.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to drop these, in random order and pretty much off the top of my head :
    • Sal Paradise ( character On The Road )
    • Matt Murdock / Daredevil ( character Marvel comics )
    • Eddie Dean ( character Dark Tower Series, you might have heard of it )
    • Det Olivia Benson ( character Law & Ordrer: SVU tv series )
    • Roger ( character RENT play )
    • Evey ( character V for Vendetta movie )
    • Jean Louise "Scout" Finch ( character To Kill A Mockingbird )
    • Brian Kinney ( character Queer As Folk tv series )
    • Juror # 8 ( character ( played by Henry Fonda ) in 12 Angry Men )
    • Lucy Farinelli ( character in Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta book series )
    Yay! I was starting to wonder. I'll have to give this list more thought. Looks pretty cool though.
    BTW, Henry Fonda did an awesome job playing Juror #8, but I think that I liked that character most when I had to perform the role myself.
    ...as was choosing between Scout and Atticus Finch...
    I felt the same way. I have to go with Atticus, though. I came very close to listing him.
    ...I'm so sorry I keep falling behind you everywhere...
    It's funny... I feel the same way. I guess that we all just fall behind our own hopes.
    ...I don't think there was anything about that character that would entitle him to the name of character... as it often happens with Jules Verne guys... though maybe that mysterious obscurity is the clue...
    It is the key to the re-interpretation of him in various ways in various other works. The real clue to why I love the character is that it is not only Verne's original that I am now familiar with.
    ...as Hercules Poirot so rightly remarked, he who talks always reveals everything no matter what he talks about...
    Columbo fans, take note!
    ...I can't but wonder where Berger comes in...
    Yes, that's a little bit redundant on my list... I should probably have left him out. I just love the show so much.
    ... and Elwood P. Dowd finally killed me because I thought it was me!
    I never said that he was me. I said he was my favorite. Which, of course, would make me Harvey.

My Mood
    Gay

Juror # 8 is one of the all time coolest characters, IMHO. For one thing, he does the whole thing like a ninja - no thanks, no credit, just doing the right thing because he knows it's the right thing. And he has to fight for it... for someone he doesn't even know, nor would he likely ever meet. That's just so amazing.

The Atticus / Scout thing was sooooo hard for me to pick !!!! But I had to go with the character who says "I was to be a ham" and "that was the summer Dill came to us." Atticus is amazing, but we feel that because we see him through her eyes ( since she is telling the story ).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast