Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #17 - Boom-Flurry (again)!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #17 - Boom-Flurry (again)!

Well, now that the fundraiser is done for another year, and we've got some new blood around here (that I hope we'll get to hear from!) I thought we'd give this one another shot.

The article for Boom-Flurry can be found here.

As usual, if you haven't already, please read a little about the contests here and the contest posting guidelines here.

This contest will be open until July 7, 2009. Good luck, and have fun!
    Winner: boehmke
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Changed contest ending date.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i so wish i could draw T_T

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Posted to the gallery:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...&size=big&cat=

Smaller preview:

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I have drawn for this contest before but I couldn't have finished it before the contest's ending. I don't know if it is ok, to subscribe this one. Because I've posted it at my Facebook profile, but it is here:

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant, I was hoping this would come back around soon I will get mine ready for the weekend.

Ola, I really like your style

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh sweet! They're both cool!

This looks like it might have been worth the wait.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i like the pictures very much - and now i am going to do what i should have done first and read the linke

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

now i am going to do what i should have done first and read the linke
    Haha, I know me too, after doodling furiously awhile I was like wait...what the heck am I drawing again? THEN I checked out the link again. Luckily I'd listened to Wolves of the Calla recently and remembered more or less what the cactus things were like. A good excuse to doodle Andy too.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Melike It's wonderful.

Great job as well Ola, I really like it.

Lisa, I'm dying to see what you come up with.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Till the 30th! I think I can do this!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dags, I was just checking the Concordance, to see if it mentioned the colour of the cacti, and it's spelt Boom not Bloom in there

Nooooooooo! Maybe I can photoshop out the L?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nuh uh! The book says, bloom, I think. I'll have to check it later - I'm out of town at the moment.

It was the cactuses they were talking about, or rather that Slightman was talking about. He called them boom-flurry, and wanted to know what had gotten them all fashed.
    "Almost certainly more rock-cats, sai," Andy said in his complacent, slightly prissy voice.

I found this on the Internet where someone had uploaded the book (?)

edit: I guess I didn't see the official art wall spoiler rules. OK, unspoiled.
    Last edited by ola; 06-21-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: not spoilery

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I just double checked. You guys are right. MY BAD! I've corrected the article, and since this was my fault, I'm going to add another week to the initial run of the contest. Contest will now end July 7. Sorry!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I decided to enter this one. It's alright I supose but it looks better in person.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

HA! I love the "victim" it's hanging onto.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, yeah, I thought it cool.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Nice one, Ricky! I also appreciate the victim and the fact that he has spurs on.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This kind of stuff is some of the coolest the site does, thank you guys.

They look great!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Nice one, Ricky! I also appreciate the victim and the fact that he has spurs on.
    Thanks! I'm glad that you were able to notice the spurs. I was worried that it would come out to blotchy. Guess not though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent Ricky!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler Cinder2007 is on a distinguished road

I'll definitely be entering this.
    Just wish i had a decent camera.

Is there a prize?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The prize is that your entry gets displayed in Towerpedia and...I think you still get a bracelet?

Ricky, that's brilliant! I love everyone's styles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast