Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Random SK Book Questions!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:!: Random SK Book Questions!

I've seen this quote all over the internet attributed to SK as if he actually said it himself. But I'm 90% sure that this quote was actually from Desperation and was said by Johnny Marrinville. Can someone tell me if I'm correct or not? Thanks.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

according to the Dark Tower wiki site, it's from Wizard and Glass

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

nope, I was wrong. It's The Stand (near the end of Ch 48). Page 617 in uncut edition and (i think) 607 in original. try that

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Do you know the context of it?

EDIT: NVM, I have a copy. I'll see if I can find it...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

let's see...
    The Stand Spoilers

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

trashcan man is the freaking best
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

yes, yes he is

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cyber, I don't mean this unkindly at all, but does a yes/no question that's likely to be answered quickly really require it's own thread? I mean isn't there a preexisting thread you could ask questions such as this in?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think we have a quick non-DT Q&A thread right now; maybe the present one should develop into such (after renaming)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Random SK book questions...

At some point or another we all have a question that maybe we aren't sure *which* book it relates to...so I thought I'd start a thread....

For a few days now I've had a rhyme that I've now googled to find is an old folk song, but for some reason, I swear that it was brought up or quoted in some Stephen King book, but I can't remember which or why...anybody recognize this:

"And the cat came back the very next day
    The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
    The cat came back he just couldn't stay away"

Not sure if the whole rhyme is related to the book...but at least "And the cat came back the very next day".

Vague enough?? Was hoping one of our members with a photographic memory for King would remember if/which book it was quoted in.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I don't recall that at all.

I know alot of the older books have quotes and snippets of song lyrics before the chapter, so I'll look in mine.

good thread idea though.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not vague at all. I'd think that one would be self-evident. It's in Pet Semetary.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, my. Of course it would be Pet Semetary...which now makes this feel even MORE odd for me, as I haven't read that book in YEARS! I wonder what made that rhyme pop into my head?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

lol, nice Path, way to make me feel like an idiot
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's also a cartoon that I love! And that damned song is catchy. Thanks, Ves - now I'll have to go to the 'song you can't get out of your head' thread.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

*twilight zone music*

So not only have I not read that book in at least 10 yrs...I just looked at the shelf--I don't even own it! I wonder if the spirit of Pet Semetary is trying to tell me something?????

Hopefully it's saying "Hey, go buy that book, and re-read it dumb shit" and not something more cryptic.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    *twilight zone music*
    The owls are more than they seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    That happens to me all the time. Just goes to show the truth of the saying that there is no "I" in team.

My Mood
    Breezy

right!

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    *twilight zone music*
    That happens to me all the time. Just goes to show the truth of the saying that there is no "I" in team.
    Ah, but there are two in "Idiot" one for me and one for JB, I suppose

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    *twilight zone music*

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a very nice thing to say about a guy who just wanted to help you out.

I am pretty good at making people feel bad, aren't I?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When you all get to my age, you'll just define that as a "senior moment"!

John

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting there...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm blaming pregnancy brain...

and I'm blaming my comment that could be construed as mean on hormones.

It's good to be a woman sometimes.

My Mood
    Breezy

it wasn't construed as mean, it was correctly interpreted as funny.

no worries kid, and pregnancy is awesome

mostly because it doesn't happen to guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast