Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fund Raiser Grand Prize

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2009 Fund Raiser Grand Prize

I wanted to establish a thread for this so that it can be bumped with information.

You all remember the Omnibus that Ari won of course

It is still in transit to Robin in the UK and when it gets back, I will arrange a time for our favorite author to sign it.

Could be months, he was just in Maine (or is now as far as I know). But that's okay, it makes it fun.

I'll add another pic when it gets back. Congratulations again Ari

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Congrats again, Ari!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooohhhh...very nice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In my email from Robin this morning.

Hi! They arrived safely! I was going to email you this afternoon!

I'll sign and get them back to you really soon! Sorry about the delay.

I hope all is well with you!

Take care! (And by the way, I'm happy to do this!)

All the best,
    Robin

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

WoowhooO!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

WOO HOOOO!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I still can't believe it.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's my pleasure, I can't wait till you actually get it.

If you are coming to the US, we might be able to find a way to get it to you here. Also, I sent the other prize you won out to you so you wouldn't have to wait that long for it

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received the portfolio!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!! This goes straight to the frame shop!

I promise pics as soon as its done!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

WOOHOO!!

I am so glad that made it to you safely Ari. I'm looking for the books from Robin in the mail any day now.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Ari , you one lucky fellacongratulations all over again!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this book today in the mail! I was so excited to see it return, this thing has been literally all over the world and in the hands of some very wonderful people.

Speaking of which, Robin Furth is so generous and cool. She took special time and care with this prize to get it back to us. I really appreciate her and everything she did. Anyway, here's how it looks now.

I am so very proud of this accomplishment. The fund raiser has a reputation of giving away some amazing things and this collectible has got to be right up there with it. On to King!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, that is awesome!

<-- so jealous of Ari right now!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Lurking

saaaaweet!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that is so f'n awesome!!!

YAY ari!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait for the photo of you holding it.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, that is awesome!

<-- so jealous of Ari right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    that is so f'n awesome!!!

YAY ari!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait for the photo of you holding it.
    Oh, sure, take the high road.

Yes, though jealous, I'm also very happy for Ari !! It's nice that it's gone to someone in our collector family, for sure.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Matt and (Peter David, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove, Robin Furth and Stephen King) and congrats to Ari. You lucky dog!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, awesome! You lucky duck Ari!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe it yet!

THANK YOU!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Book has been signed! Not sure if it is personalized but I should have it in my hands soon and it will be sent out.

This Grand Prize really should be subtitled "The Long Road Home".

Can't wait till I can get it out to you Ari.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be controversial but.......Not taking a sliver of a thing away from Ari (Congrats BTW you lucky dog!!) In a lot of ways this book and all that goes into it is a part of the DT.Com site and the folks that make it happen. There should be some sort of ongoing memorial? Maybe a click thru on the donation wall? something, that keeps it a part of this site and its amazing members. I may be totally off base but, seems to me it would serve as an incentive for future fund raisers and a source of pride (like the statement from Sk) for all. Again, I don't want to take anything away from Ari he certainly deserves it but, something this cool should be in, I don't know, a museum? so to speak? So shouldn't there be a more visible? reminder of it? Sort of an electronic "On display courtesy of Ari" kinda thing?

I don't know, just a thought.

Congrats again Ari!!!!!!!!!!!! As well as all who participated!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to get it!!!!

I didn't understand what is "Sort of an electronic "On display courtesy of Ari" ".

On the other hand, next year I'll be finishing paying my apartment, so I'll be donating more items and money, that you can count on.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, THANK YOU, MATT!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast