Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance

Those who ordered this book (when was that, by the way? I forgot all about it but turns out it's all paid for ages ago...) should've just received an email from Cemetery Dance regarding the news that the book is done at the printer, it came to over 950 oversized pages, weighs five pounds, and will ship in a few months or so More waiting!

Some pics is nice though:

More here: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PhotosSKupdate

Can't wait!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the choice of cover art.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For what its worth, the Concordances were *very* helpful when rereading the series (although Furth spoiled the ending of the series in the first volume ).

That being said, I wouldn't pay 75$-300$ for a fancy version, but I've never been a collector...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    So do I, it's nice to finally see the art on a book. If you look real close you might be able to see the tiny Crimson King on the second floor balcony. It truly is a fantastic painting by Alan M Clark

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't be ordering this. I should be able to pick one up on the "aftermarket" (ie, eBay, etc.) for maybe half of the list price. I'm not at all interested in the limited.

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I won't be ordering this. I should be able to pick one up on the "aftermarket" (ie, eBay, etc.) for maybe half of the list price. I'm not at all interested in the limited.

John
    I'm sure you are right John and I would do the same if I hadn't ordered it 2 or 3 years ago.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I wouldn't order it now (not that it isn't a great book). But it's been paid for a long long time ago, and so it's almost like getting it for free now

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo,

My feelings exactly - money has been gone so long it's like I never had it! :-)

I don't feel exactly this way about SoD II, but almost - it's just more money!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Traveler Cinder2007 is on a distinguished road

What exactly is a concordance?

is it something like a summary of the book?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder2007 View Post
    What exactly is a concordance?

is it something like a summary of the book?
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/english/conc2.htm

Country
    Country Flag

An encyclopedia, pretty much.

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just got my copy. i dont think i need it but it is an other part of my growing DT collection.

cheapest way i could get this book was an import from USA. was it even out in the UK?
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    just got my copy. i dont think i need it but it is an other part of my growing DT collection.

cheapest way i could get this book was an import from USA. was it even out in the UK?
    It was released by Hodder & Stoughton in the UK in 2 volumes years ago. It is still in print.

The version mentioned in this thread is not yet released. (Cemetery Dance)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Scribner released a complete concordance as a trade paperback back in 2006.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Alan Clarke in 2006 talking him through the description of this scene before he started working on the cover art. As a thank you, he sent me a print of the art, which is very cool. It's called "Approaching the Tower."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Alan Clarke in 2006 talking him through the description of this scene before he started working on the cover art. As a thank you, he sent me a print of the art, which is very cool. It's called "Approaching the Tower."
    Thats neat Bev, I own the original and was amazed when Alan said he had not read the books. He told me that he had a lot of help from someone for background information, neat to know now that it was you.

Traveler Venom09 is on a distinguished road Venom09's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any word on how many copies of the limited edition are are being printed? I may have to shell out the clams for it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Cemetary Dance website for this. It doesn't give any limitation number, but given their history, I'd guess a print run of about 2000 copies.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/furth01

A little hint: I wouldn't order this from them until they announce it's actually being shipped. Cemetary Dance is notorious for slow publications.

I personally will wait until after it's published then pick up a copy on eBay or something similar for less money. I've done this a number of times successfully.

John

Along the Path of the Beam GirlGoneNineteen is on a distinguished road GirlGoneNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought this in paperback finally. Should help clarify a lot when I finish Dreamcatcher and reread the series
    So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

So this is just a (much ) nicer version of the already available trade version?

Is there more content in this one? Sorry to be so late to the dance.

Country
    Country Flag

It's just the two volumes together in hardcover.