Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What should we do to raise money next year?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the store!

2 12.50%
  • Bracelets - I want more bracelets!

2 12.50%
  • DT bookmarks!

6 37.50%
  • I have another idea! (please post your thoughts)

6 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for next year - making $$$$$$

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ideas for next year - making $$$$$$

We're looking for ideas for ways to raise money for next year's fundraiser. The DT Store didn't do as well as expected, so we're looking at options to replace that and whatever else we can come up with to raise a buck or two. Please answer the poll, and if you pick other, please give us your ideas! Thanks!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps we could make it that all advertised sales on the site during the Fundraiser have to give 10% to the cause?

It'd be hard to implement outside of an honor system.... but might still be worth a shot?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I like that idea!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would help to know the general amount the store, bracelets etc. contributed towards the grand amount.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to check with Matt on that. I believe I sold 14 or 16 bracelets at $10 each, but it's my understanding that the store is a losing venture due to the costs to maintain it.

In the case of bracelets, I donated those, so the proceeds were pure profit, but based on the prices for the website I purchased them from we can make several dollars a piece on each depending on how many we purchase up front.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I say we pimp out Daggers, I myself will pay the full 5k goal for that

on a serious note, i'm sorry i wasn't around to help this year, I had some other problems in rl. But i don't really know anything about the DT Store. Why did it cost so much?

Well, my idea is to sell themed shot glasses, or something in that vein. I myself would pay 10 dollars or so a shot glass for something like that. Bulk buying, you can get 144 shot glasses with www.TheDarkTower.com Hile Gunslinger wraparound text for 123.96. Let's round it up to 124. If you then sell the glasses (or give them away for every 10 dollar donation) only 14 people need to buy one for you to break even.

And who doesn't want at least 2 DT shot glasses? I'd easily take two, maybe even up to 6, you can do a buy 5 get one free thing. That's 6 shot glasses for 50 dollars, and they cost you less than 6 dollars, so that's 44 dollars to the haven fundraiser.

Let me know what you think.

http://bargainmugs.com/index.php?mai...&products_id=2
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Daggers - I could help with the bracelets, money or ideas, or whatever. I think that would be very cool. Lemme know.

I'd also help with bookmarks or whatever you need.

Just ask and I'm in.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a calendar would be an awesome idea. With member photos, art, graphics etc. We could run a contest for it and members vote on the 12 pieces they want used.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I had a calender in mind as well, except it only consisted of photos of Lisa.

My Mood
    Gay

Lisa photos are fine with me as well. Where do I donate?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Get in line Pam.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The DTStore was at CafePress and they do charge for a premium, not to mention, they take such a large amount of the items cost...it's not effective and I don't want to line their pockets with Haven's money.

Not to mention, it did not take one single sale for the fundraiser this year.

My idea to Dags was to see what we could do about producing something like the bracelet that people knew they would be able to buy and donate to Haven at the same time. Bulk and planning means low overhead.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good ideas, everyone!

And JB, 5K? I'm easy, but I'm NOT cheap. And, I have standards, yanno?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with JohnBlaze - in fact I had the idea in my head and was just reading through everyone else's first and "voila" there is the shot glass idea.

This will work - My son was co-captain of a College Relay for Life Team and they came up with the shot glass idea with only two weeks to go - they bought 150 shot glass with Virginia Tech in Tech colors and Tequila Cancer - their Relay Team Name - which I didn't even realize was a play on the word - To Kill a Cancer!

In the two week period they ordered and received the shot glasses and sold all of them for $550 profit - they are planning ahead for next years Relay already - new design - same shot glass - gee College Kids and shot glasses - an awesome idea to say the least!

And a calendar idea is great - I'd work on that project if volunteers are needed!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think once this thread is up for awhile and we get to see everyone's ideas, we might want to do another poll and see what everyone would really buy. I like the shot glass idea though (and the calendar as well).

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I say we pimp out Daggers, I myself will pay the full 5k goal for that

on a serious note, i'm sorry i wasn't around to help this year, I had some other problems in rl. But i don't really know anything about the DT Store. Why did it cost so much?

Well, my idea is to sell themed shot glasses, or something in that vein. I myself would pay 10 dollars or so a shot glass for something like that. Bulk buying, you can get 144 shot glasses with www.TheDarkTower.com Hile Gunslinger wraparound text for 123.96. Let's round it up to 124. If you then sell the glasses (or give them away for every 10 dollar donation) only 14 people need to buy one for you to break even.

And who doesn't want at least 2 DT shot glasses? I'd easily take two, maybe even up to 6, you can do a buy 5 get one free thing. That's 6 shot glasses for 50 dollars, and they cost you less than 6 dollars, so that's 44 dollars to the haven fundraiser.

Let me know what you think.

http://bargainmugs.com/index.php?mai...&products_id=2
    i love this idea, in fact i think i would buy anything with dark tower on it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I think a calendar would be an awesome idea. With member photos, art, graphics etc. We could run a contest for it and members vote on the 12 pieces they want used.
    i want one right now. in fact i nearly wet myself i got that excited (its my age you know)

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I think once this thread is up for awhile and we get to see everyone's ideas, we might want to do another poll and see what everyone would really buy. I like the shot glass idea though (and the calendar as well).
    i went for the book marks, but i think if everyone did a little we would not need the DT store anyway. We could see things the same way the bracelets where sold, it 'seemed' easy enough.

that way we can do it all!!!!!!!

a few more suggestions for the pot,
    DT pens?
    DT T-shirts?
    Calender of the DT members? Miss/Mr November anyone?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the sound of all of that. I think a poll would work well on different items.

But remember, a calendar for say...2010 would need to be done in like, the next three months. Not sure if we can take that on for this time but 2011 might be okay.

I think the problem is going to be whoever decides to either make/order this stuff will have to take a bit of a financial hit. However, I would be happy to move the stuff for Haven minus the cost if that becomes necessary.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

oooh, i love the calendar and shot glass ideas.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The calendar isn't necessarily that expensive. I found one link for example that does pretty cheap bulk orders and they'll even put on the web address etc for free:
    http://www.top-gifts.co.uk/index.asp...ar%20discounts

I'm going to try and get my arse in gear to finish a DT tarot set...that could be something else?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A tarot set would be totally cool.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

a tarot set would be amazing, lisa.

My Mood
    Gay

tritto on that tarot cards.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh! Shot glasses, calendars, tarot cards! I want everything!
    Cool ideas, people.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! I thought if I said it out loud, so to speak, it would make me hurry up and do it

My Mood
    Gay

Honestly, I'm holding out for the Lisa calendar. Let me know when that's available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast