Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Elfquest - the World of Two Moons

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Elfquest - the World of Two Moons

I met the tribe of Wolfriders when I was a very young girl, and fell instantly in love with them. I especially adore their way of being 'in the Now' (living in the present and concentrating in it rather than burrowing in the past or worrying about the future).

Wendy Pini is an amazing artist, and my efforts of creating elves are waaaay behind her (though Richard Pini himself once told me I'm on the good path and I should continue in it *faints*).

Anyone here familiar with EQ and its incredible world of Two Moons? (sj is, that's all I know ^^)

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

aw.

you spoke to richard pini? that's amazing.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am afraid I have never heard of it, sorry.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, sj, I am checking it out right now/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    aw.

you spoke to richard pini? that's amazing.
    Yeah, in the early years, when he still had time to check out fan art all around. I've still got his e-mail, my preciousssss.

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    Thanks, sj, I am checking it out right now/
    It's definitely worth of checking out - EQ comics are a great read!

psssst. sj, you much familiar with Wolfriders? If so, here be a teeny tiny EQ trivia: you know the name of the elf who was deaf?

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I read the first book or two when I was a 13 or so. What I never understood was why they ended up shrinking. I mean when the ship crashed the elves that came out looked to be the same size as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post

psssst. sj, you much familiar with Wolfriders? If so, here be a teeny tiny EQ trivia: you know the name of the elf who was deaf?
    rillfisher, lifemate of treestump, mother to dewshine.

Country
    Country Flag

*sigh* How I love thee, sj!

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I think I read the first book or two when I was a 13 or so. What I never understood was why they ended up shrinking. I mean when the ship crashed the elves that came out looked to be the same size as humans.
    Well, the elves that came out were the High Ones. They realised, in horror, that their magic didn't work in this strange world, and Men began to slay them. They had to flee, and some of them adapted in the World of Two Moons. Wolfriders, for instance, literally have wolf blood in their lineage. Adapting and becoming smaller in size equals going past Men unnoticed (alas, this is always not the case, just remember Redlance).

Correct me if I'm wrong, sj.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a big fan of Elfquest, I discovered it after the completion of the first series. I have all the comics, collections and the written books. I also own 5 original Wendy drawings (all purchased from someone) but my prize is the Skywise drawing she did in Fire and Flight for me a few years back at a local bookstore signing that was not well attended so I got lots of time with both Wendy and Richard. I had met them several times before at San Diego Comic Con but they was always a line of people. I have 3 tattoos my first was the howling wolf WaRP logo (my other 2 are the KA symbol and an Oy)

Country
    Country Flag

^ That's so bloody cool! and I envy you. just a little.
    Do you have pics of your tattoos somewhere here?
    I'm so delighted to find true EQ fans here.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad to see other fans here as well.

I think Wendy Pini captures emotions in her art better than any other comic artist. The scene during the first series (while both are still fighting their feelings) where Leetah comes up behind Cutter and lightly touches him on the back then slips her arms around his chest, those 2 panels give me chills every time I see them.

I have a pic of the Oy tattoo in my gallery but not the WaRP logo.

I also have a pic of 1 of Wendy's originals, it is pictured with my animation art in my gallery.