Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Ghost Brothers of Darkland County

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks!
    I hope that they will take the opportunity of this tour to record a video, as if i remember correctly you said that it was quite a visual musical.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Any word on when tickets are going on sale? They're coming nearby, so I definitely don't want to miss it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tickets go on sale June 19th! How apropo!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks! I just checked and looks like some go on sale the 20th as well. I wonder if that's just a typo. Also AEG doesn't list any info on ticket prices or anything.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Right - I was looking for prices but nothing yet!

I'm looking for tickets at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC on Sat Nov. 15th!!!!!

Spoiler:

I'll have to keep my eye on them. I've already got a reminder set for when they go on sale. Either Boston or Providence isn't too far for me.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I went directly to Warner Theatre web page and see ticket price ranges between $52 and $96 (which includes stupid add-on fees of $12.50 to $16.50)!

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my tickets this morning for the Boston, November 21st show - can't wait. First row mezzanine!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'll have to keep my eye on them. I've already got a reminder set for when they go on sale. Either Boston or Providence isn't too far for me.
    There is a presale today.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They want over $100 a ticket for "fair" seats at the San Francisco event.
    For those who have seen it; is it worth that price?

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The cheap seats in NYC NY Beacon Theatre Upper Balcony...... are $102 plus tax & fees (only 6 seats still available)
    Only 2 of the best Orchestra seats left at $360 +

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

that is better than Phoenix, AZ Orpheum Theatre prices also.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Phoenix, St Louis and others seem to be in similar range of over $100 - 300-$400 for prime seats.

However:

GHOST BROTHERS OF DARKLAND COUNTY 11/08/14 To 11/09/14 Orono, ME
    Ticket Prices $79.00 - $59.00 - $39.00
    A $3/per ticket fee is included and no other fees will be added.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Orderede tickets for teh Warner Theater in Washington DC - Nov 15th! $140 for two tickets! :-)

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We paid about $185 for the pair to see it in Atlanta. It was really great, and even my non-reading boyfriend enjoyed it. My only hesitation is that it won't be as good as the original run, but if you didn't see it...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing it again and experiencing the touring version.
    Would love to be in Orono for opening of tour however chose another venue to fit with other travels.

... and Thanks Bev for sharing that interview... always great to hear such off the cuff remarks.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw the show in Boston on Friday, November 21st. Mixed review from me. The music and the singing were phenomenal. Sorry Stephen, but the book/dialog, not so phenomenal. I was trying to figure out why, and the best I can figure is that King's unique style of dialog comes off the page so well because we, the readers, have the benefits of exposition, of inner thoughts, of motivations, etc. A two hour musical does not have the time to invest in the same kind on characterization as a novel, or even a short story. In the end, much of the dialog came off flat and often contrived. The story itself reminds me, thematically, of Roland's journey in The Dark Tower books, but this time, with some resolution. The sparse staging was reminiscent of the musical Once. Overall, well worth my time, and yours. I would love to hear the thoughts from others who have seen it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it in Beverly Hills this month....my wife disliked it, and I was lukewarm on it at best.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I thought this was a funny quote about SK from JCM.

You worked extensively with Stephen King on the musical Ghost Brothers of Darkland County. What did you guys have in common?
    I'm a hypochondriac. Steve's a hypochondriac. "Steve, I can't possibly have sickle cell anemia. But I think I do." And he's always got some kind of ankle disease or some shit. But he explained it to me. He said, "Here's the thing, John. You and I make shit up for a living. When we have idle time on our hands, we turn it on ourselves and make shit up. You don't have sickle cell!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...-kinks-w477544

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Priceless!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am REALLY disappointed that there wasn"t a video recording sold as a DVD!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...nsing-20181022
    Stephen King and John Mellencamp Will Redevelop GHOST BROTHERS OF DARKLAND COUNTY for Licensing

Broadway Licensing is working with Stephen King and John Mellencamp to redevelop their haunting musical for worldwide licensing.

The Gothic southern musical about a decades-old tragedy that haunts the population of a small town has a roots rock score by Grammy winner Mellencamp, ("Pink Houses", "Jack and Diane", "Small Town") and a book by "Carrie," "Misery" and "The Shining" Master of Horror novelist King. It premiered in a full stage production in 2012 at the ALLIANCE THEATRE in Atlanta, GA. The production also played a limited concert tour.

"We are humbled and honored to have been entrusted by Steve and John to redevelop their thrilling and innovative musical," says Broadway Licensing president Sean Cercone. "The newly revised version will be available for worldwide licensing in 2019."

Author Stephen King says "This is terrific news. I loved working with John Mellencamp, and the ghostly result is one of my most proud accomplishments."

John Mellencamp added, "When Steve and I decided to mount a musical ... neither of us knew what we were doing... we learned on the job.. I have never had so much fun or laughed so hard in my life...."

A studio album of Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, recorded in 2010, was released from Hear Records/Concord Records Group. A standard, single-disc version includes the complete songs, dialogue excerpts and digital libretto; while a two-disc format features complete songs (with and without dialogue), deluxe artwork, "handwritten lyrics," a libretto and a DVD with a "Making of Ghost Brothers" documentary including interviews with King, Mellencamp and album producer T Bone Burnett along with other bonus material.

For more information about Broadway Licensing, call (866) 639-7529 or email info@broadwaylicensing.com.

Broadway Licensing (www.broadwaylicensing.com) is a full service theatrical partner specializing in the development, production, and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. Broadway Licensing services the Playscripts collection and Stageworks Media, a development company committed to creating new musicals and plays.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Still crossing my fingers it's recorded and released in Blu-Ray
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9