Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Treachery Discussion Thread

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I wonder if they will write stories all the way up to the point where in the book the Gunslinger Roland is chasing the man in black.
    For now the arcs will culminate in the battle of Jericho Hill. It is certainly possible they might decide to do more later though.
    i think they should. theres still so much unaswered about the gunslinger's past that the books touch on, but not in great depth. thats what i was hoping for, a fill-in. I do think they'll take the series all the way to the end of Roland's quest. it'll take 10 years, but it'll be EPIC!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    i think they should. theres still so much unaswered about the gunslinger's past that the books touch on, but not in great depth. thats what i was hoping for, a fill-in. I do think they'll take the series all the way to the end of Roland's quest. it'll take 10 years, but it'll be EPIC!
    That would be a lot of comics if they made the whole series into comics.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think just the material in between is going to be an amazing amount. It makes you wonder if he will just decide to adapt the story as well when the time comes though.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think just the material in between is going to be an amazing amount. It makes you wonder if he will just decide to adapt the story as well when the time comes though.
    I hope not, (I don't think I'd get the whole set in comic form) but I'm happy for the stuff between Jericho and Gunslinger to be covered. I'd prefer writing from King, (short stories or prequel novels) but I'd accept comics.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

King did mention that he was thinking about it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    That would be a lot of comics if they made the whole series into comics.
    X-men and Batman will run into the thousands, this should too!

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    King did mention that he was thinking about it.
    do not want.

the story was told already, and there's no greater way to tell it than from the mind of the original writer himself.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay - I just found out that on Sept 10th, at 12:01 AM ( one minute after midnight ) there will be a special LAUNCH selling of Treachery #1 at participating Comic Book Store.... IMPORTANTLY - available ONLY AT THAT TIME - will be a limited edition variant cover of Treachery #1.

Now - I can't for the life of me seem to locate a list of comic book stores that are participating in this launch, so I can get one of these limited edition variant covers.

Has anyone found a list of participating comic book stores?

I have emailed my local store, but it's kind of small and not likely to be participating. Bummer !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default The Midnight Opening Variant

Marvel is proud to unveil the cover to DARK TOWER: TREACHERY #1 Midnight Opening Variant! This revolutionary reverse gatefold cover features the iconic Dark Tower keyhole...but what lies behind this front cover? Available exclusively at comic book stores participating in the September 10 midnight opening for the hotly anticipated sequel to DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME, this variant cover is a must-have for any Dark Tower fan! The all-star team of writers Robin Furth & Peter David, artists Jae Lee & Richard Isanove, joined by special guest variant cover artist Gabriele Dell'Otto, reunite for the next story of Roland Deschain and his ka-tet, but after recent events, their worst nightmares may become reality!

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstor...es_at_Midnight
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, that's a really cool cover! Looks to me like the rose is back there.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah - it looks awesome!!

However - I cannot find a list of participating comic book stores!!

It's driving me nutso!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    However - I cannot find a list of participating comic book stores!!

It's driving me nutso!
    YOU ARE DOOMED!!!

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAH

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure where to begin even searching for a list of participating stores

Have you tried marvels Dark Tower site?

I think its...http://www.marvel.com/darktower
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are no comic stores near me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, I tried the Marvel site and the best I could come up with was a list of comic shops from the LAST midnight sale.

I have sent them emails, but haven't heard back.

Worst comes to worst - I might have to drive into Philadelphia ( about an hour ).

On a positive note - I will already be on vacation that week, so won't have to worry about getting off for work or anything.

I'll post if I find the list of participating comic shops.

Here's a site for finding your local shop ( US only, but there is an additional link for Ireland and the UK on the same page ) - - - http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ Some comic shops are small so there might be one near you and you don't even know it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't drive. Near is a relative term. Thanks though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up! I just called my comic guy and he's not doing the midnight opening but he's going to call Diamond and see if there's a way he can get some of the variants anyway (they usually need around 2 months notice from a comic shop for them to be able to participate). If he CAN get it - and get more than 1 - I'll post and let y'all know!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I just called my comic guy and he's not doing the midnight opening but he's going to call Diamond and see if there's a way he can get some of the variants anyway (they usually need around 2 months notice from a comic shop for them to be able to participate). If he CAN get it - and get more than 1 - I'll post and let y'all know!
    Gosh, if you could get me a copy, I'd be forever thankful.

I plan on getting as many as I am allowed to. I think, though, that might be a total of ... ONE ... not sure. My girl might go with me, so that's a possibility. Still waiting to hear from two different comic book stores about their participation.

Traveler matt g is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

As far as new/alluded to story arcs, I think it would be interesting if they included Dennis & Thomas on thier chase for Flagg. I was always dissapointed that the mention in the books was only a sentence long. It deserved at least a paragraph.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a copy of the back and front of the Treachery card/bookmark.

John
    Attached Images

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Marvel's The Dark Tower: TREACHERY #3

THE DARK TOWER: TREACHERY #3

In Stores Now!!

Written by PETER DAVID & ROBIN FURTH

Art & Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE

Variant Cover by PASQUAL FERRY

Sketch Variant Cover by JAE LEE

The evil wizard Marten Broadcloak secretly visits Gabrielle, the disgraced wife of Steven Deschain, ruler of Gilead. He subtly manipulates her into agreeing to murder her own husband for him. But there is another mysterious figure with the same intention, so it will take all of Steven’s considerable prowess to survive the threats. Meanwhile, his son, the young gunslinger Roland, continues to stare blankly into the magic sphere called Maerlyn’s Grapefruit. And the things he sees are not for mortal eyes.

Click Here to Join the Discussion

Click Here to View the Discussion for TREACHERY #2
    With the battle between the evil John Farson's Big Coffin Hunters and Steven Deschain and his gunslingers finally over, the true death toll is revealed. Will Roland's father be among the dead? Meanwhile, in Gilead, as Roland suffers from the after-effects of his multiple encounters with Maerlyn's Grapefruit, his ka-tet desperately requires his presence at the all-important coming-of-age feast the next night, or the consequences will be dire. Worse still, Cort, the gunslingers' mentor, has chosen his niece, Aileen, to become the betrothed of young Roland, and Cort rarely takes no for an answer.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT7 SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    I'm really hoping that the "Marten really did love Gabrielle" subplot comes to play in this arc, but I suppose that might come into conflict with the status quo of him being the left nut of Satan...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooo missus!

Anyone guess who the mysterious figure is? (I think I know.)

Spoiler:
    That lovely little old lady o' the Coos.

Seems interesting as it suggests they're not working together. Which actually makes a lot of sense, the self centred nature of evil etc.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I would have said it's

Spoiler:
    Gabrielle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast