+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Treachery Discussion Thread

Traveler dark_hour is on a distinguished road dark_hour's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Treachery Discussion Thread

http://stephenking.com/assets/marvel_pr_lrh/
    i was reading about the great sales of the long road home issue one and noticed it said ''Plus, don’t miss Dark Tower: Treachery #1, arriving in September following the exciting conclusion of The Long Road Home!''

so im guessing we dont have to wait a year! and we know the name as 'Treachery' also! not sure if this has been posted elsewhere
    The Man In Black fled across the desert...and the readers followed

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev put it up, its in the announcements forum. So expect a merge on this thread soon.

But thanks for the info and I really love the name of the third arc.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we'll merge them at some point shortly, but I think dark_hour is correct insomuch as the story arc thread ought to eventually reside down here in the Comics forum with the rest of the Dark Tower comics announcements.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes, we'll merge them at some point shortly, but I think dark_hour is correct insomuch as the story arc thread ought to eventually reside down here in the Comics forum with the rest of the Dark Tower comics announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Agreed.
    Isn't this lovely?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you think the title refers to
    Spoiler:
    Gabrielle?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Do you think the title refers to
    Spoiler:
    Gabrielle?
    I doubt it. That area was pretty much covered in Wizard and Glass (Gunslinger Born).

John

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's still a bit left for her story judging by the vision at the end of the novel.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It may be the "lead-in" to the arc, but I don't see that as having a whole arc's worth of story. I could be wrong, though.

John

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, there is more to the story. I'm thinking that is it or part of it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely think that
    Spoiler:
    Gabrielle will be a part of it. The treachery might refer to Walter's new persona referred to in The Gunslinger as well. I'm thinking we'll probably see a certain old lady again...

I'm using the word 'lady' in the very broad sense of the the word of course.

Ha ha ha! (That was supposed to be a cackle.)

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

I must say: thank all the gods who involve themselves with comics and/or graphic novels we won't be waiting until next damned February or March this time! And without creating any spoilers myself, I think the above speculations as to the meaning of the title are accurate but incomplete. Surely there will be some surprises; while everyone who has read Wizard & Glass knows what happens right after Roland gets home, we don't know much about what follows. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

Country
    Country Flag

yeah it was my bad not noticing the announcement, but i agree, i expected there'd be a treachery tread here anyway. i think everybody is extremely relieved that we dont have to wait but i think the tower has proved its selling power now to marvel. i think it wll deal with the treachery going on in gilead before any war happens, stuff similar to hax the cook i suppose. id guess if hax had no problem being a traitor that maybe its common practice that there'd be afew traitors to the good man.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also found it interesting that this series is to be named "Treachery #1". Does this mean that one of the following arcs is going to be "Treachery #2"?

John

Quote Originally Posted by dark_hour View Post
    yeah it was my bad not noticing the announcement, but i agree, i expected there'd be a treachery tread here anyway. i think everybody is extremely relieved that we dont have to wait but i think the tower has proved its selling power now to marvel. i think it wll deal with the treachery going on in gilead before any war happens, stuff similar to hax the cook i suppose. id guess if hax had no problem being a traitor that maybe its common practice that there'd be afew traitors to the good man.

As far as I know the selling power wasn't why there was the wait between arcs, but because the artists involved needed a break.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I also found it interesting that this series is to be named "Treachery #1". Does this mean that one of the following arcs is going to be "Treachery #2"?
    I took it to mean #1 of the Treachery series in September.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully at some point we'll get to see the Battle Of Jericho Hill in comic format.
    That would make me happy.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

The series of arcs was from the get-go to start at W & G and end at the Battle of Jericho Hill.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Wasn't the ka-tet betrayed by one of their own at Jericho Hill?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

*ahem*

Country
    Country Flag

well i think marvel put the break between gunslinger born and long road home because they were insure it would sell, when it did and it did brilliantly say thankee-sai they pretty much got the green light for the continuous series until conclusion. i think some of the artists who werent tower junkies and werent familiar with the tower (only king him) would have been unsure also, but when it turned out the tower so so mainstream popular and in turn there work there was no need for a gap.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: Treachery #1 *spoilers*

DARK TOWER: TREACHERY #1 (of 6)
    Written by ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID
    Pencils & Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
    Variant Cover by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO
    Sketch Variant Cover by JAE LEE
    The ka-tet of Roland, Alain and Cuthbert have returned safely to their home in Gilead. But all is not well. Roland has kept the evil Maerlyn’s Grapefruit and has become obsessed with peering into its pinkish depths despite the deadly toll it’s taken on his health. And what the young gunslinger sees brings him the darkest of nightmares. Meanwhile, Roland’s father has led a posse in search of those who threatened his son’s life in Hambry—John Farson and the Big Coffin Hunters. And in this encounter, Stephen Deschain’s life may be forfeit.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't look too well does he?
    Steven actually going for the Hambry posse, wouldn't they be pretty much small potatoes at this point with the rest of the Farson business going down? Still, we'll see how it plays out...

WAG spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I hope they keep to the books continuity that it was a Sherif who finally did for Reynolds, rather than Steven Deschain.

Country
    Country Flag

The sores around his lips make it look like he contracted an STD.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast