+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding the Bullet - Lonely Roads Limited

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well theres desperation for ya! $50 off the limited edition after only 24 hours of being released. sales must be bad. i think they tested the water at $250, saw that it wasnt nice and warm but actually very very cold and froze the balls off several collectors who tried to take a refreshing dip!! well i for one arent putting on my luminous green speedos and going swimming with the dirty slut CD this time!

Traveler MaNuX87 is on a distinguished road

collectors is the best way

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bernie Wrightson

this Wrightson original art piece was used in the film "Riding the Bullet" as art that the main character drew

I can't wait to see what Bernie has in store for us in the book.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember that before the movie The Mist gets released, Frank Darabont said to lilja that he wanted to publish a limited edition with the novella & the screenplay.

It seems that Riding the bullet is something similar : i wonder if The Mist will get released... IMHO, it would be a lot more interesting that Riding... But i guess that has it havent been released on a single book, it is a relevant choice...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The latest:

Hi there!

There are now less than TEN copies of the signed Limited Edition of Riding the Bullet by Stephen King and Mick Garris (with artwork by Bernie Wrightson) left available, so we've decided to notify just you -- our recent Stephen King customers -- in case you're still on the fence! These copies WILL be gone before the day is over, which means this is your last chance to place your order! Here's the link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king40

Thanks, as always, for your continuing support!

~ Mindy

Cemetery Dance Publications
    132-B Industry Lane
    Unit #7
    Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]
    410-588-5904 [fax]

http://www.cemeterydance.com
    John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

the gift edition is available for pre-order on amazon for $47.25 instead of the $75 retail.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    the gift edition is available for pre-order on amazon for $47.25 instead of the $75 retail.
    I just thought I would look to see what type of shipping date Amazon had and it was 10/31/09. All I have to say to that is "In your dreams" But it would be nice if true.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one. Give Matt a little kickback with the link down bottom and screw CD by getting the book for 1/2 price. I won't feel as bad when I get it in 2013 (after the world ends).
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just recveived an e-mail from Amazon stating that the book is now scheduled to be shipped/released the middle of July 2010.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone knows if this WILL be available thru Amazon?

Or is this (again) a Cemetery Dance exclusive.

I don't mind buying the books for $75, but when I can save money on shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Anyone knows if this WILL be available thru Amazon?

Or is this (again) a Cemetery Dance exclusive.

I don't mind buying the books for $75, but when I can save money on shipping!
    Hi Niels!

Last time I checked, Amazon had tried to order thousands of copies via purchase orders, but those orders simply cannot be filled. There just aren't enough copies to go around, especially at the discount Amazon demands from many smaller publishers. Sorry!

Here is some info I posted in another thread that might help explain why not everyone sells every book to Amazon:

Amazon lists all kinds of books, even if they can't get them, because they assume they will get them somehow. We had this problem with Blockade Billy, too. But we've told them again and again that we can't fill their orders for these books.

Amazon also takes a very large discount, probably the biggest we've ever seen from a bookseller or distributor, and to sell them certain titles at that discount would mean losing money on each and every copy.

Amazon often sells books at a "loss" (meaning they lose money on the sale because they pay the publisher more for the book than they then resell it for) in the hopes that you'll also buy something else that they do make money on. They can afford to do that because they're a big company. Small companies, like ours, cannot lose money on purpose.

Hope this information helps!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

It's ok to keep the books for yourself and don't sell them thru the big retailers.
    But not all your books are kept exclusive, like "Stephen King : The Non-fiction" was not.

Just needed to know if I was going to get the opportunity.

Thanks for the reply,

Country
    Country Flag

Looked yesterday if the book was available thru Amazon...... "Temporarily out of stock".

Received an e-mail today.... "your pre-order has been shipped!" (I pre-ordered the book on January 19)

Let's see what book would NOT be available thru Amazon!?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Let us know if/when you receive this one!

John

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Looked yesterday if the book was available thru Amazon...... "Temporarily out of stock".

Received an e-mail today.... "your pre-order has been shipped!" (I pre-ordered the book on January 19)

Let's see what book would NOT be available thru Amazon!?

Yes, the same thing happened to a few others of us. Brian explained that these were reject books that were supposed to be destined for library sales that Amazon got a hold of, and as such, would not arrive in mint condition, nor with a slipcase. See the Cemetery Dance thread for full details.

Country
    Country Flag

I had the impression they were talking about the SOD2 copies.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They were and then I also got my amazon confirmation from my Sept. 2009 order of Riding The Bullet. I got a bit irritated since it seemed that CD had promised us no copies of either would be sold discount and posted my confirmation page, just like you. It derailed from there to talk mostly about RtB (at least that's how I took it).

Country
    Country Flag

Aah, like that.

Let's wait and see what the book looks like.

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I was thinking too. I may end up returning the Amazon product for misrepresentation if it really is not complete and/or is damaged.

Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy from Amazon a few minutes ago. First off I was surprised to get it since they never told me it shipped and the website still indicates it is out of stock. Although the book does not have any damge to it there is no slipcase included and it has a 'mailing label' size UPC/ISBN sticker on the back of the DJ.

I will be returning this copy to Amazon. I did order a copy from CD once Brian said they were not giving any copies to Amazon. I guess I made a good choice.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Skippy.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I just received my copy from Amazon a few minutes ago. .
    You got mail today? It is Veteran's Day and I thought no one was getting mail today. Are you in the US?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably UPS.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it was UPS. Sorry for the confusion.

Country
    Country Flag

I got my Amazon copy this morning. I really don't understand them at all. Last week I ordered a $9 paperback and they shrinkwrapped it to a large piece of cardboard which was then glued to the center of a corrugated cardboard box. There was no way that book could have been damaged, short of being driven over by a truck. But they send me Riding The Bullet, ostensibly a $75 book, wrapped in a paper-thin cardboard "bag". Of course the end of the spine is crushed in and there is a good ding to the middle front cover as well. And, as Brian promised, no slipcase. I will be returning it promptly and keeping my order with Camelot.

Just wanted to second Skippy's comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast