Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslinger Born Discussion Thread

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, true, but I would have bought them anyway.

He was REALLY nice about it, offering instead of insisting. I was impressd he noticed. As a matter of fact, it appears to me, the not-into-comic-books-in-general person, that these guys REALLY love their comics. If you saw how carefully my lone DT comic was packed and shipped, you'd be pretty freaking impressed. It takes me like five or ten minutes to get into the thing, and it's PRISTINE when I open it.

So yeah, I'm a bit biased. I found them on accident, and I really, REALLY like them. They seem to be comic-heads. Totally. I do a LOT of random purchasing on the Internet, and if I say they're good, it usually means they're BETTER THAN GOOD. I don't give kudos lightly. Just ask me about an online vendor that's pissed me off (and remember I have a LOOONG fuse LOL).

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The guy I buy from off eBay also packages my copy with care. I'll probably keep buying from him, unless I get off my lazy ass and travel to a comic store.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    The guy I buy from off eBay also packages my copy with care. I'll probably keep buying from him, unless I get off my lazy ass and travel to a comic store.
    I'm too impatient to wait for the regular covers. I have to get them right away. I do get my variants off eBay however.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    I'm too impatient to wait for the regular covers. I have to get them right away. I do get my variants off eBay however.
    I've thought about getting the variants but really, I'm not a collector, just having the regular artwork/story is what is important to me. I have enjoyed many of the variant artwork though (see av).

I do get a little impatient waiting for my guy to ship me the comic...maybe I'll ask Laura/Rjeso which comic store she goes to again.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've thought about getting the variants but really, I'm not a collector, just having the regular artwork/story is what is important to me. I have enjoyed many of the variant artwork though (see av).

I do get a little impatient waiting for my guy to ship me the comic...maybe I'll ask Laura/Rjeso which comic store she goes to again.
    I'm just a novice collector myself, but I do enjoy the variants. I'm not collecting them hoping they'll someday be worth something, I just enjoy it, and don't have any intention of selling them.

As far as Laura, you need to motivate her to keep up with the current issues as she's been falling behind.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    **types with his eyes closed**

I am trying so hard to stay out of here.
    I haven't actually read it yet either. I plan to read it while away this weekend.

I'm completely disgusted with both of you. Shame!

I'm all caught up with the comics now.

As far as issue #4 is concerned, I agree with the general sentiment that this is probably the least exciting so far, but I figure occasionally there are going to be passages that move the story along without a lot of action. So I'm ok with it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it is indeed a variant cover. Thing is, Marvel doesn't like to reprint their books without adding something or changing it around, so just about all reprints get variant covers. So while it is a variant cover, you won't see any price increase like you see on some of the other variants.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That cover is great!! I almost wish they would have used it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While it was okay, this issue felt like the typical filler for the middle of a series (it's surprisingly common and always sucks). And the Marten cover always brings to mind one thing.....
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the Marten cover always brings to mind one thing.....
    I just can't imagine what that could be.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #5

This thread is for discussing the fifth comic book in the first series of seven.

This thread assumes everyone has read this comic book and also the prior issues, so beware of spoilers if you haven't yet read them.

Please read the SPOILER WARNING thread and follow those rules in regards to any later comic book issues and/or the Dark Tower series of books. Thanks.

Enjoy!

Here are the sketch, variant and regular cover for issue #5.
    Release date should be Wednesday 6/6/07.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that variant cover!

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

for reel that is beautiful work
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

YAY!!

I love that. I can't wait to get them out on the web page.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to seeing these covers in "real life" next week, and reading/viewing the story inside.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! Me too!

Country
    Country Flag

Cool variants.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Am I alone in thinking the variant covers blow away the standard ones?

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

I'm trying to wait until the entire 7 issues are out. Hoping that in the future, new info will be given regarding Roland's past. Would love to find out more about Jericho Hill.

I usuallly skip any text included in comics but i will definitly read Robin Furth's stuff. I want as much info as possible regarding these fantastic characters and the places they inhabit.

The artwork by Jae Lee is top notch. I remember seeing his work years ago in Marvel's Sub-Mariner comic and Image's Hellshock. Jae was always a fave artist of mine but it is quite obvious how his skills have improved over the years. Gorgeous stuff!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post
    Am I alone in thinking the variant covers blow away the standard ones?
    Every opinion I've heard over the past few months, including my own, concurs with yours.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Allbad View Post
    I'm trying to wait until the entire 7 issues are out.
    You have WAY more patience than I do.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Allbad View Post
    I'm trying to wait until the entire 7 issues are out.
    You have WAY more patience than I do.
    LOL!!! Although the 1st arc is based on DK IV, it ain't that easy to wait.
    I actually picked 'em up last night and started reading the material by Robin Furth.

Country
    Country Flag

I hate waiting each month for them to come out. I'm very impatient.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This news has been added to the Comics page

Country
    Country Flag

I hate waiting each month for them to come out. I'm very impatient.
    Well it is nice to have something cool to look forward to each month. I just hope the wait until the second arc begins isn't too long.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast