Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslinger Born Discussion Thread

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that Issue 4 was the weakest one so far for me.
    Marten on only like 3 pages! Whatev.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, this one was kind of bland in comparison to the rest.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**types with his eyes closed**

I am trying so hard to stay out of here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I haven't actually read it yet either. I plan to read it while away this weekend.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the 2nd Printing cover of Issue #1. The artist is Joe Quesada.

They call it a variant, but it's mass-produced and sells for the standard $3.99 cover price.

I like this one a lot.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Look what just came out today! I went into the store to finally pick up the second printing for the first issue (posted in that thread), and the guy said this had just been released today. Somehow I had missed the announcement.

Here is the 2nd Printing cover of Issue #2. The artist is Stuart Immonen.

They call it a variant, but it's mass-produced and sells for the standard $3.99 cover price.

I love this one. In fact, I'm starting to like this series of 2nd printing covers better than the 1st printing standard covers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    The "conversation" between Roland and Steven was eye opening and funny. I find it funny only that I feel I know Roland as an adult not as a child and to read and see his interaction with is father made me laugh a bit.

The most interesting part of this issue for me was Marten Broadcloak and The Crimson King.

To actually read a see a real conversation with the two of them at the start of Roland becoming a gunslinger was so cool. I mean it was all forseen and knowing what really did come of it all is amazing.
    Seeing Steven Deschain was awesome too! I loved their conversation and well as the Marten-CK one too.
    Steven Deschain has a badass mustache.

Country
    Country Flag

Shoo....you two, get out!

I got mine on Monday, it isn't as good as the other 3, as I mentioned previously.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I haven't actually read it yet either. I plan to read it while away this weekend.

I'm completely disgusted with both of you. Shame!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Yeah, it was rather uneventful.

Country
    Country Flag

The Marten to Walter change was cool though. I'm not sure that is how I pictured Walter. The drawing of Marten is dead on though.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

You and Steven's mustache I tell ya!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was disappointed with this one as well. Not too much story in it as the first 3.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I ran all over hell and back trying to find it this weekend. No luck

Looks like ebay for me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Try g-mart.com. That's where I get mine.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!!

I had no idea there were other places.

**clickity click**

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the guys there are really helpful and you can set up a subscription so you can advance order. Saves a buck or two on the cover price but you still have to pay shipping. They do an excellent job of wrapping them so they won't get damaged though - these guys are serious about their comics.

The guy noticed I'd bought 1-3 from him, and emailed me offering to set up a subscription for me. Now THAT'S customer service!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

You and Steven's mustache I tell ya!
    Was it cool, or not?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest? A little fu man chu for me.

However, he did look hard as fuck.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly wouldn't mess with him!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest? A little fu man chu for me.

However, he did look hard as fuck.

I thought the same thing but well what can you do? He'd kick your ass accross texas before you could make fun of him.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Was it cool, or not?
    It is, it's just funny how it seems every time I see you post something about Steven Deschain his mustache comes up..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, well, I just wish I had one like him.
    Too bad my beard and mustache are forever pathetic.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine will be too. I tried to grow a mustache once and it looked like my lip was dirty

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    The guy noticed I'd bought 1-3 from him, and emailed me offering to set up a subscription for me. Now THAT'S customer service!
    Also a good way to make sure you keep buying from him , but yeah nice customer service.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast