Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslinger Born Discussion Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    No kidding. We are trying to collect the whole sha-bang, and the more freakin' variants they issue the more money it's taking out of our collective pockets.

Damn it.

Unfortunately, comic companies know the some buyers are completists.
    I have fought the variant bug since i got back into comics a few years ago.
    I hated when Image Comics Gen 13 had umpteen variants and...i purchased 'em all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the sketch and variant cover for issue #7 as well as the cover for The Gunslinger's Guidebook:

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like that variant as well as I did the others. I think it's something about the fluffy clouds in the background.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean - makes it look like anime.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep waiting for a cute and fluffy bunny to appear in one of the lower corners.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, its a bit more cartoony than I would like.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It just looks too happy. The story arc is not a happy one.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this issue; it may even be my favorite. Susan just kicked ass, and that made me happy. I almost hate to see the arc end, but then we may get some original story with the next arc, and that is what I think the best part of DT fans are waiting for. I can't wait.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It looks too "cowboy". Yes there are Western motifs in the Dark Tower series but this is too much. I think there is all of one variant that I like in the whole arc. I have NOT been impressed with the variants. While I LOVE a lot of the main covers. Especially Issue 2, my favorite issue of the arc, so far.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I keep waiting for a cute and fluffy bunny to appear in one of the lower corners.
    Hell yeah! And the sun to have a smiley face on it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I really liked this issue; it may even be my favorite. Susan just kicked ass, and that made me happy. I almost hate to see the arc end, but then we may get some original story with the next arc, and that is what I think the best part of DT fans are waiting for. I can't wait.
    It's more than "may" we definitely will be getting new Dark Tower story from what I understand.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When you look at a larger picture, the face on the Gunslinger has a bit of a hard edge for someone so young, but then I noticed the oversized "Texas nightclub" belt buckle and think it definately did not belong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Egads, that belt buckle really is too much.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

On a sunny day like that, it could totally blind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Egads, that belt buckle really is too much.
    If you look really closely it says "Harley Davidson" on it...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Maybe it's John Deere.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it said something like...

tri-county fair

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Or "Gilead Riddling Champion"

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Or "Rosie's Gander"

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I never realized the man was a bull rider

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Or "Rosie's Gander"
    Nice one!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am interested in how they will handle "the burning of Susan" graphically though. This last issue is going to have it all.

Question for those who have read #6--was the final battle with Jonas shown or are they saving it all for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am interested in how they will handle "the burning of Susan" graphically though
    One word. "S'Mores"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Goddamnit, I just busted out laughing at work. Now my coworkers will think I'm even crazier than they already did.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast