Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    SHUT UP PABLO!!

just kidding
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wow, just got back from seeing this. Pure awesomeness. I can't even analyze this now... just wow.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

damn I was trying to post the video of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update last night with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Leonard Nemoy. Here's a link to the website, youtube doesn't seem to have it yet.

http://tv.popcrunch.com/chris-pine-z...-update-video/

If you didn't see it, I thought it was pretty funny. Chris and Zachary talk about being harrassed from Trekkies or Trekkers. And then Leonard Nemoy comes out. You have to listen to what Nemoy says. He glorifies Chris being an awesome Cpt. Kirk and then he looks at Zachary and says that he was ALMOST the best Spock or something like that. If an old navy add comes up on the video, wait it thru, I don't know how to skip it.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

god darn it, the clip is not available in my location. why? hm am i on a leper colony or something grrrrr......

anyhoo, agree ith you pablo is was awesome.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just got back from seeing it. Loved it. I'm not a HUGE Star Trek fan, but i knew enough to appreciate what the filmmaker's had done to remain faithful, yet update the story enough to interest newcomers.

And Simon Pegg as Scotty = pure awesomeness. Perhaps, dare i say it, even more awesome than Mordred's signature!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never watched a Star Trek episode in my life, yet I really really want to see this movie.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    And Simon Pegg as Scotty = pure awesomeness. Perhaps, dare i say it, even more awesome than Mordred's signature!
    what? NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo.....

heh..ya when I saw him on the previews I was like brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've never watched a Star Trek episode in my life, yet I really really want to see this movie.
    get out! leave...don't ever come back!!! heh...just kidding.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    It's really not necessary to enjoy this film to have seen Star Trek. That was their mission statement. One might even be so bold as to say that
    Spoiler:
    since it's a new alternate reality timeline
    , it doesn't matter if you've seen Star Trek or not. But we all know some things from it that have entered the popular culture parlance, like "My God man, I'm a doctor, not a..." and a few other things that pop up here and there. If you've seen some Star Trek, there will be more nods that you'll notice, but like I said, it's an absolutely awesome and cool sci-fi action film that anyone can see and enjoy the hell out of.

Live long and prosper!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    hey sarajean, will you be merging this thread?

Nerkak - wasn't it just the best? sat there all the wa through with goosbumps (spoilt slightly by the snoring old fart behind me!!!)

i just thought the actors they got to play the parts where spot on, both in looks and mannerisms with one VERY notable exception and as soon as you watch the film you will know who i am talking about
    I don't know who you're talking about. But then again I'm only a little familiar with the original Star Trek.

I thought this movies was excellent, with the exception of
    Spoiler:
    the whole "dramatically giving birth in crisis while your husband saves hundreds" scene. Childbirth scenes in movies are terrible and unnecessary about 99% of the time. My boyfriend didn't like that freaky alien dude that was hanging out with Scotty. Also, I DO know that Spock's mother is in one of the old movies, so I was kind of like "wtf" on that... but I guess they were all "ooh, time travel, we can do what we want here."
    But I thought it was an excellent movie. The special effects were awesome, not cheesy at all like a lot of new movies (coughHarryPottercough coughStarWarscough).

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I am going Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited and will check the spoilers out afterwards and let you know what I think.
    <----------- enormous Trekkie. I'm working on getting all the star trek books, and I have seen every tng tos and enterprise episode, and most of voyager, but not as much ds9 because of the change in stations that disrupted my Trek life. Bleh.
    But I will be able to tell you what I think quite soon!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

good god man nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    hey sarajean, will you be merging this thread?

i just thought the actors they got to play the parts where spot on, both in looks and mannerisms with one VERY notable exception and as soon as you watch the film you will know who i am talking about
    I don't know who you're talking about. But then again I'm only a little familiar with the original Star Trek.
    that was the one i was talking about, he just grated on me with the scottish accent that was there one minute and then gone the next, it got to a point where i did not want to see him on screen no more which is a shame as
    a) love scotty
    b) love simon pegg
    just wish they had got a proper scottish chap in

and i loved loved loved scotty friend.
    Spoiler:
    i actually said ahhh out loud when he left him lol

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I can't believe you've never seen any star trek feev!!!!!! You can come watch it at my house! I have all of the original series and all of enterprise at my house so that's a start, and then I have all the movies...

New Star Trek Movie release date to dvd: July 29th!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a date for my diary, although saying that it may be after that over here in UK
    hey ho - i shall keep my peepers peeled

My Mood
    Amused

Isn't Ewan Mcgregor Scottish?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

that was the one i was talking about, he just grated on me with the scottish accent that was there one minute and then gone the next, it got to a point where i did not want to see him on screen no more which is a shame as
    a) love scotty
    b) love simon pegg
    just wish they had got a proper scottish chap in

and i loved loved loved scotty friend.
    I honestly didn't mind Pegg as Scotty, but then I'm not a huge fan of Scotty anyway. I don't hate him or anything, i clearly just don't love him as much as you do, candy, lol. I also don't mind the fact that they didn't use a proper scottish chap, considering, well, James Doohan was american, anyway. But then again i wasn't being that observant with Pegg's accent slippage.

Spoiler:
    I think the only thing that annoyed me was that little green dude. Wtf was he doing there, anyway?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All is forgiven due to Pegg's line:

Spoiler:
    "You're from the future then? Brilliant! Do they still have sandwiches there?"

Not verbatim, perhaps, and perhaps a tad silly and juvenile, but it had me laughing out loud.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it too.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from seeing it. I absolutely loved it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could see it. It's one hour one way to get to a movie theater for me
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i cheated. i haven't the time (or the babbysitters) to go to the movies, so we watched it from the comfort of our couch last night online. that said. i fucking loved it.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- loves a woman who can illegally watch a new movie online.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's hard to believe that our little Bobby Garfield grew up to be Pavel Chekov!

My Mood
    Worried

I truly loved this movie. I had tears in my eyes during many a part, and my husband's shorts will never be the same, since I was grasping them so hard during the movie, during parts I was excited (which actually was a lot of the movie). I had little nitpicky bits I didn't like about it, but let's completely overlook the fact Kirk's eyes are blue, or that Vulcan's sky wasn't red. Let's overlook that, and accept: this movie was amazing

Leonard Nimoy once again rocked my world
    Sulu I thought was better than the original
    Chekhov was sooooo smart but I didn't like his curly hair
    Spock and Uhura
    Spoiler:
    together
    soooooooooooo hot, though I would have liked to see a curvier Uhura, but it's okay.
    Kirk's playful womanizing nature, instead of acting like he could completely fall in love with any woman at the drop of the hat? Nice touch.
    McCoy was super super dreamy hot, even though he didn't have the baby blues, and I loved his lines.
    And Scotty was actually fun, even though I didn't think he would be. I mean, someone who isn't James Doohan being Scotty? I still liked him.
    I even liked the guy who played Christopher Pike. (Actually I like him in every movie he is, bad guy, good guy, he's great)
    And Eric Bana? Well, with what few lines he had, still a badass.

But I have a question for those who have seen this movie already:

Spoiler:
    Why couldn't Spock just go back to the future and destroy the sun ahead of time so Romulus was never destroyed? Or was there too much of a time difference because of the whole Romulan ship coming through 25 years ago?

Just curious.

But it was hot. It was amazing. It was brilliant, and I don't know if they could have done much better than what they did. I give it a 12 out of 10 stars.

The jokes were funny without being overly cheesy, and the script was definitely there, even though I wished they had gone a little bit more into the Romulan backstory, but we couldn't make it into 3 hours, now could we?

Here's hoping there's a sequel!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    and my husband's shorts will never be the same
    Quote of the year!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    and my husband's shorts will never be the same
    Quote of the year!
    I can just imagine this being in someone's siggy... oh how THAT will be misconstrued... LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast