Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Trek

So who's seen this already in the Thursday night preview showings? I was tempted, but I'll be going this weekend. I'm very excited. I'm not a big fan of Star Trek, I watched on and off The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 back in the early 90s as a teen and was fascinated, but never seen the original series nor any of the movies or the newer series. I just started watching TNG again on DVD and it's really nostalgic but also very good and interesting. And all indication is that this new film will be huge.

And of course this only bodes well for the Dark Tower.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from seeing it. I loved it. Love

Pretty perfect writing, direction, acting, effects, score, everything.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Seymore, tell us how you really feel.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i watched this last night, and oh my god it was fantastic

the geek in me was in heaven due to old references but it also does not alienate new fans.

it does not dwell on technology -so any clashes with the original series are not glaringly obvious.

the actors that they chose were just brilliant.

its safe to say i came home last night a very happy bunny indeed

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I have seen every single Star Trek episode there is out there, minus half of Voyager. Lost interest in the series at that time. However, I have seen every movie except the newest one. I guess that means you can't call me a Trekkie because it's not #1 on my list of things to get done

Anyway, probably see it Monday night. Let the crowd die down a bit.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

let us know what you think when you have seen it, dying to discuss it with someone.

but will wait till more people have seen it then i am not putting spoilers all over

**sits patiently**

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I was planning on it tomorrow, but I forgot it is Mother's Day. Hmmmm..maybe I am a Trekkie if I put it above Mother's Day.

OH...unless there's another thread, I have a question about Voyager. Did they ever make it home or did they end the series before?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I was supposed to go yesterday but something came up with a friend so he couldn't go.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i was a full blown original trekie and NG trekie. dibbed in and out of voyager but could never get into DS9 for some reason. i do know the answer to your voyager questions but am putting it in spoilers just in case

Spoiler:
    yes they did, it was not a simple - oh look we are home episode, it was really complicated in a way on star trek can do. oh and it was really sad too

in fact, its one of the few finales i really enjoyed and admired

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i was a full blown original trekie and NG trekie. dibbed in and out of voyager but could never get into DS9 for some reason. i do know the answer to your voyager questions but am putting it in spoilers just in case

Spoiler:
    yes they did, it was not a simple - oh look we are home episode, it was really complicated in a way on star trek can do. oh and it was really sad too

in fact, its one of the few finales i really enjoyed and admired
    hmmm...I might have see if I can down load it. ty

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

OMG!!! The movie was sooo awsome!!

I loved loved loved the references to all the old characters! The new characters they picked were perfect! Everything about it was AWSOME!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hey sarajean, will you be merging this thread?

Nerkak - wasn't it just the best? sat there all the wa through with goosbumps (spoilt slightly by the snoring old fart behind me!!!)

i just thought the actors they got to play the parts where spot on, both in looks and mannerisms with one VERY notable exception and as soon as you watch the film you will know who i am talking about

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

*shakes fist* I'm OnCall for work so can't go until Monday !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

probably not...yet.

mord had asked where there was a star trek discussion, so i was pointing him in the right direction, that's all.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    *shakes fist* I'm OnCall for work so can't go until Monday !!!
    I'm right there with ya. I have to wait until Monday too.

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    probably not...yet.

mord had asked where there was a star trek discussion, so i was pointing him in the right direction, that's all.
    Thank you! you know I'm clueless!

oh, yes...i'm aware.

My Mood
    Gay

( I can sooooo see sj doing that rolling eyes thing )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Yup. That's the look.

that picture is, like, two years old and was taken at work on a very frustrating day.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going finally to see it tonight!

My Mood
    Amused

SHUT UP PABLO!!

just kidding

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    The alternate time-line and time travel was very Lost/Dark Tower-like. With that and how I got into this movie without being a Trek fan I am now very excited about the Dark Tower movies being good.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, just got back from seeing this. Pure awesomeness. I can't even analyze this now... just wow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast