Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Talisman 3

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Yeah, please keep bumping this thread in case I ever have not enough reasons to feel depressed.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My gut feeling is that this book will never happen. Just a gut feel.

John
    Thanks for cheering us up.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, please keep bumping this thread in case I ever have not enough reasons to feel depressed.

Did not mean to upset anyone, would just prefer to keep all discussion and news (or non-news, in this case) to one thread. And this rumor has been going strong since 2001, so it's not something out of the ordinary. The gap between the first and the second books was 17 years. So maybe we'll see Talisman 3 in 2018? Were there any rumors of a sequel between 1984 and 2001, or did Black House come out of the blue pretty much?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every time I see the title of this thread, I get annoyed for a quite different reason: it assumes that BH is "Talisman 2", which it is not.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman will always go with Jack Sawyer, sorry. And I'm not annoyed, myself. I'm too bitter to bother.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King & Straub to write Talisman 3

From Lilja, didn't see any other threads about it.

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=4348

I'm excited. Black House is one of my favorites. I am a little worried that it will fall under the rule of trilogies (the first one is what it is, the second one is better, the third one sucks) but my optimism is high.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! Although the thought of more special editions of the first two books doesn't sound so appealing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved both books... The Talisman was my fav King book of all time for a long time...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Sweet! Although the thought of more special editions of the first two books doesn't sound so appealing.
    That's what I'm a little nervous about. I recently bought the gift set for 'Talisman/Black House' from Grant and I'm not looking forward to double-dipping.

That being said... Grant is still trying to get rid of said gift set over a decade later to the point where they're dropping off $65 if you purchase the AE for DT7 with it, so I don't know how quick they would be to do more.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Per Lilja

"After reading this, I emailed Peter, who confirmed that the plan is to write the book next year. So, very good news for all fans of The Talisman and Black House!"

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Per Lilja

"After reading this, I emailed Peter, who confirmed that the plan is to write the book next year. So, very good news for all fans of The Talisman and Black House!"

Encouraging news indeed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Face it guys, most of us are gonna buy them new editions anyway. You know you will.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Face it guys, most of us are gonna buy them new editions anyway. You know you will.
    Your right Bill... there sure will. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ms Mod's statement on the rumor

I haven't been in touch with Peter so I don't know what he and Steve discussed but I did have a conversation on Wednesday morning with Steve and when I mentioned that the picture with him and Peter from the NYC signing was going to spark speculation about the third book, he just chuckled and said that would be nice but his plan for 2015 is to write the third book for the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. I might also remind people that I think it was at least 3 or possibly 4 years ago that Stephen had said that he and Peter were "planning" to write the third Talisman within the next 2 years. Even though that was the intent, it obviously didn't happen. That's another reason why I have a problem with things like this being announced in unofficial channels. It gets fans hyped up about something that may or may not turn out to happen. Even when it comes from official sources that are at least a little more reliable, it doesn't always pan out. Talisman and Dark Tower movies--need I say more? Bottom line (and this is from Steve) is this, fan sites should be considered rumors about any of his work until any OFFICIAL announcements are made on his site.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Strange that, according to Lilja, Straub confirmed it, yet King is denying it. Weird.

John F. Kennedy The Great Buchinsky will become famous soon enough

This is kind of an odd situation. King talked about it in Washington DC the other day and Straub confirmed the intentions to write next year. I think Lilja is getting hammered a bit too hard over this. If his two sources are King and Staub what additional fact checking does he need to do??

Country
    Country Flag

Do we have a recording of what King said in DC?

Country
    Country Flag

If King said he is going to... then what is the issue here guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Do we have a recording of what King said in DC?
    It was being videotaped. I haven't looked for it online yet. I wonder if GWU will have it online someday?

I heard King talk about it in person so that's good enough for me. All the books he talked about writing, he didnt give a schedule. He didnt say when, He just said he had an itch to write another story about those characters. Dark Tower: Jericho Hill, The Stand, and The Talisman.

And we all know Sai King is pretty good about doing whatever the heck he feels like.

Whether or not Miss Mod thinks it is true, I could give a rat's ass. I saw the man himself express he wants to revisit those worlds onstage. And that is Golden dreams and Big fuckin Mojo to me!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. On Wednesday, he said he hopes to write it "next year" with Straub. How is that a rumor, speculation, etc. when he said it himself to nearly 1500 people?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully there's a recording soon. But then again, Ms. Mod is right, there have been many statements from both King and Straub over the years that they're planing on doing it and it never panned out. Like I wrote earlier in this thread, Black House came out 17 years after The Talisman. So we're right on track for a 2018 publication

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja clarified:

In regards to my post from yesterday about that King and Straub hope to write The Talisman 3 next year I want to make it extra clear that it’s their PLAN to do it but it’s NOT set in stone yet and as everyone who has ever made plans to do something know…it’s not always the plan work as you had hoped. Before they can start they will have to coordinate their schedules and so far nothing has been written. So let’s hope they can work their schedule out and once they do I bet it will be info about it on both authors website.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Buchinsky View Post
    This is kind of an odd situation. King talked about it in Washington DC the other day and Straub confirmed the intentions to write next year. I think Lilja is getting hammered a bit too hard over this. If his two sources are King and Staub what additional fact checking does he need to do??
    I totally agree. I think that, on the forum, people are definitely being too harsh on Lilja. If Steve has said he HOPE to do so, and that Peter confirmed it, what the hell is wrong about it? Yes it's only a rumor and it's only a HOPE TO DO IT.... but Lilja do not claim that's it's nore more than this.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast