Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Things that shouldn't need saying

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, yeah, yeah. At least I know what SIGNS MEAN. Oh and what's that thing sticking out your steering wheel column? Hmmmmm if you push down on it, these little lights in the shape of arrows start flashing....learn to use those too!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Oh and what's that thing sticking out your steering wheel column? Hmmmmm if you push down on it, these little lights in the shape of arrows start flashing....learn to use those too!

I was beginning to think turn signals were optional on newer cars because I so rarely see anybody use them anymore.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the sound the turn signals make when they're on...

Okay, if I'm in a corner in a library at college, alone, reading, and listening to music, I probably don't want to talk to anyone.
    If on top of that, if I look up, say hi, and dive right back into my book while I'm being talked to, I probably don't want to talk.
    And finally, if I close my book and say I'm busy, I want to be left the fuck alone.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Haha. Jerk.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

automobiles piss me off
    somebody in a green one honked at me and flipped me off while I was walking across the crosswalk I called him a
    Spoiler:
    shit brained sister-fucker
    LOUDLY
    it felt really good
    pedestrian rage is highly under rated
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    <---- This sign does NOT mean the oncoming traffic yields to YOU. You are supposed to yield to oncoming traffic, Massachusetts and Rhode Island drivers especially please take note.
    yes, but. you are NOT supposed to fucking wait at the fucking sign for the drivers who are currently IN massachusetts and rhode island.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No smoking signs in restroonm at churches!!!!

I mean...fucking, duh!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is no sign than it is ok to smoke.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

If I am standing beside the coffee maker and putting sugar or creamer in my cup, I'm going to pour coffee into it nest. Therefore, it is exceedingly rude of you to reach around* me and grab the pot and pour all but the dregs of the pot into your cup and the cup of the guy behind you.

Yeah, I said something to them about it.

Him: "There's enough for another cup." (NOTE: There was JUST enough. You know the amount - the tiny bit that people leave just so they won't have to make another pot.)
    Me: "Yeah, of the dregs. I'll just make a fresh pot."

*Insert obligatory reach-around joke.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Woofer, had that been me, the conversation might have gone something like this...

Him: "There's enough for another cup."

Me: "Then perhaps you should have waited since I got here first. Dick."

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

LOL! I wish I had, but unfortunately I'm having another of those days (at least Misha is here to hug me now and again), so that was the best I could muster at the moment. If I had gotten overly rude, I would've lost it on him. And then possibly my job since he's only been here a few months but is retired military (read: next to GOD status-wise) and head of a project whereas I am just a 14-year loyal senior technical writer.

I did manage to make him say "Sorry" at least.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

something that shouldn't need saying:

i heart you people.

but you should know that already.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I had no idea sarajean.

i didn't mean you.

(yes i did)

My Mood
    Worried

We love you, too, sj.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

She's alright, I guess.

i never want to be thought of as more than alright.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Use punctuation in your sentences. At least a freaking period to show me where your sentence ends. I shouldn't have to try and decipher some message online because you can't use periods, but are happy to use numbers in your words instead of spelling "to".

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of grammar...

don't write me an e-mail that has nothing but text-speak... I might not know what IDK or IRL means. (of course I do now.) And please don't use Ebonics in your letters as well. I can't stand people writing me an e-mail and telling me that they had foshizzle of a good time at the club.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate netspeak period. I still frequent a chat room from a gaming clan I used to be in. Many of the members are younger than me by about 5 years which at the time, meant I was 22 and they were 17 or younger, some a little older. But they still talk like retards. It's like jargon and they seem to think purposely misspelling everything is funny and amusing. They have 'cool' phrases like 'umadbro' shamelessly condensing an entire sentence into 1 poorly spelled word. Not to mention they have to abbreviate EVERYTHING. They play most call of duty black ops. You know what they refer to it is? BO. That's right, BO. When it came out it was weeks of 'you man did you get BO yet'. 'yeah, I got BO today' . Because kids are too damn lazy to type (which is the least energy consuming task on the planet I think, besides maybe blinking) Black Ops so now it seems as if they talk about offensive odours for hours at a time. 'You gotta join us in this BO game.'...doesn't sound appealing.

Sometimes I feel like the world will end and all us people who understand english will die and these netspeakers will be left alive, ensuring all organized thought is eradicated from humanity forever. ARG, it infuriates me. What is wrong with kids these days?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I hate netspeak period. I still frequent a chat room from a gaming clan I used to be in. Many of the members are younger than me by about 5 years which at the time, meant I was 22 and they were 17 or younger, some a little older. But they still talk like retards. It's like jargon and they seem to think purposely misspelling everything is funny and amusing. They have 'cool' phrases like 'umadbro' shamelessly condensing an entire sentence into 1 poorly spelled word. Not to mention they have to abbreviate EVERYTHING. They play most call of duty black ops. You know what they refer to it is? BO. That's right, BO. When it came out it was weeks of 'you man did you get BO yet'. 'yeah, I got BO today' . Because kids are too damn lazy to type (which is the least energy consuming task on the planet I think, besides maybe blinking) Black Ops so now it seems as if they talk about offensive odours for hours at a time. 'You gotta join us in this BO game.'...doesn't sound appealing.

Sometimes I feel like the world will end and all us people who understand english will die and these netspeakers will be left alive, ensuring all organized thought is eradicated from humanity forever. ARG, it infuriates me. What is wrong with kids these days?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Flush the toilet
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3