Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things that shouldn't need saying

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default Things that shouldn't need saying

I borrowed this thread idea from another forum.

I'll start us off with today's irritant:

If a door is closed and you knock on it, lack of answer does not mean come right on in.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

And I shall continue with a small, but seemingly obvious statement:
    Just because somebody asks for a lighter, does not mean that they want to have sex with you.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If the person you're calling doesn't answer the phone, LEAVE A MESSAGE. Chances are they really are busy, and whatever you want is probably not all that important.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

yes, husband, i want you to stop at starbucks on your way home from XXXX.
    why must you even bother to ask? i mean it's nice that you did and all but dur. . .

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

When the anti-freeze in your overfill tank is black instead of bright green... yes, you need to get it flushed.

^^^Response to my best friend's wife.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady of Shadows View Post
    why must you even bother to ask? i mean it's nice that you did and all but dur. . .
    Likewise I take a cup of coffee with me to work every morning. Must I really ask you every morning to please get a go cup of coffee ready for me?

In addition, you have all day to do what the fuck ever while I'm at work so please stop looking at whatever web page and try to help me get my crap together to get out the door.

Oh, yeah, when I call on the telephone, please stop reading whatever you're reading and actually listen to me. Our phone calls would be over a lot faster if I didn't have to repeat everything three times.

And while I'm on the subject of telephones, if you are busy, don't answer the phone. If it is an emergency, I will call right back - over and over until you pick up - but I'd rather you just not answer rather than get in a snit because I am not psychic and happened to call at a bad time.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lady of Shadows View Post
    Likewise I take a cup of coffee with me to work every morning. Must I really ask you every morning to please get a go cup of coffee ready for me?

In addition, you have all day to do what the fuck ever while I'm at work so please stop looking at whatever web page and try to help me get my crap together to get out the door.

Oh, yeah, when I call on the telephone, please stop reading whatever you're reading and actually listen to me. Our phone calls would be over a lot faster if I didn't have to repeat everything three times.

And while I'm on the subject of telephones, if you are busy, don't answer the phone. If it is an emergency, I will call right back - over and over until you pick up - but I'd rather you just not answer rather than get in a snit because I am not psychic and happened to call at a bad time.
    which is why my husband and i don't talk on the phone while he's at work. we im. that way he can talk to me while he's in a blah-blah meeting (yeah, that's what we call them) or doing whatever. and if he's really busy we don't chat at all. but we have the connection open if either of us needs anything.

My Mood
    Worried

Well I don't ever call "just to talk". My calls are always as short as possible; I'm either calling to tell him something important that he needs to know right away or I'm calling because I'm on the way home and want to know if we need anything from the store. IM is forbidden at my work, and I have a cheap phone package. Srsly, though, my calls are usually under 3 minutes. Is that too much time to ask to have undivided attention?

ETA: Did I mention that I don't get reception in my office so I have to go outside in Florida to talk? Short calls for sure.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I don't reply for texts within a hour, I AM NOT DEAD. Or in hospital. Or kidnapped. People fucking panic if I don't reply them instantly. S'pose it's my own fault, for I usually reply pretty quickly. *bangs me own head into the wall*

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    Just because somebody asks for a lighter, does not mean that they want to have sex with you.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    ETA: Did I mention that I don't get reception in my office so I have to go outside in Florida to talk? Short calls for sure.
    And you don't spontaneously catch fire? Those ARE short calls.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently you have a problem with people making this assumption in the UK. I've given many people my lighter or even lit a smoke for them, and I don't recall ever hoping one of them would bang my brains out.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't take someone else's sex toys.

Spoiler:
    Alisha:

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Apparently you have a problem with people making this assumption in the UK. I've given many people my lighter or even lit a smoke for them, and I don't recall ever hoping one of them would bang my brains out.
    It is indeed a problem in Liverpool, at least. When you're having a bad day, the last thing you want is a completely random chap telling you that you're obviously gagging for it, and that you should go back to his flat...No, thank you, sir, just give me a light, and I shall be on my way.

Brice.

Country
    Country Flag

Never been to Liverpool, Alisha. Sounds like a city with great... excitement.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

At least wait until AFTER 3:00am before playing the xylophone outside someones window.

Spoiler:
    Brice.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Alisha, give me the phone number and I'll call and tell your mum to give you your toy back.

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Don't try to talk to me while I am reading.

If I don't answer after the 5th ring, HANG UP! I hate when people let the phone ring like 15 times.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll let it ring fifteen times and then call back and do the same assuming you just didn't have enough time to get to the phone.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Don't accuse me of having the Usher syndrome just because I don't notice your desperate waving while I'm reading. I'm just really concentrating in that book. Mom even took me to an optometrist to check if I've got Usher. I didn't, of course. aaaaaaaarghhhh.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You don't take someone else's sex toys.

Spoiler:
    Alisha:
    note to people who don't get this reference - You are seriously missing some fun other threads!

If I may - You don't take someone else's sex toys, especially if that someone is your child !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It is indeed a problem in Liverpool, at least. When you're having a bad day, the last thing you want is a completely random chap telling you that you're obviously gagging for it, and that you should go back to his flat...No, thank you, sir, just give me a light, and I shall be on my way.

Brice.
    I wonder why the Beatles ever left Liverpool?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Alisha, give me the phone number and I'll call and tell your mum to give you your toy back.
    I will pay to be listening in on that conversation!!! Pretty please!

And.... Keeping on topic ( yeah, that'll last )...

Putting on your turn signal does NOT give you right-of-way!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have 3 way calling. There will be transcripts.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Brice, how about a speakerphone?!? I'll be right over!!

And with regards to speakerphone in a topic-y sense.

Just because you have a speakerphone, that does not mean we ALL want to hear your conversations !!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

....unless of course it's that one.

Yes, I have speakerphone. I'll be awaiting your arrival.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Yes... unless it's the asking back of the sex toy conversation... Now, that conversation, I would love to hear on speakerphone.

Mom? It's my friend Brice, he'd like to talk to you for a second .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast