Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your real name?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Gordie Howe
    I have a Patrick Roy Canadiens jersey. How off topic is that?

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very off-topic, but also WAY cool!! I adore Roy!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

My name is Ian, but I always hated my name growing up. Now though I am Ok with it.

Punto Ka dotKay is on a distinguished road dotKay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My name is Fernando, and my last name is Felipe, which kinda sucks because it's also a name...

"Name?"
    "Fernando"
    "Last name?"
    "Felipe"
    "No no... LAST name..."
    ""

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dotKay View Post
    My name is Fernando, and my last name is Felipe, which kinda sucks because it's also a name...

"Name?"
    "Fernando"
    "Last name?"
    "Felipe"
    "No no... LAST name..."
    ""

Sometimes I envy people with special or interesting names. Mine is very normal. Yes, I know when people keep asking the same questions about your name can be a pain in the ass but still. I envy you sometimes.

Roland would have understood.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw, but your name is so pretty, Letti.
    Nikolett. It's so...feminine.

"Name?"
    "Fernando"
    "Last name?"
    "Felipe"
    "No no... LAST name..."
    ""

That reminds me of when people have the same last name twice.
    e.g., Andrés Gonzalez Gonzalez.

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    That reminds me of when people have the same last name twice.
    e.g., Andrés Gonzalez Gonzalez.
    I remember a kid from middle school named Anthony Anthony. People called him Tony Tony. Wow, that was a long time ago.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew a man whose last name was: "Notthere" - in Hungarian
    When he went somewhere and he had to tell his name the women at the offices looked me him with angry eyes and said: "Hey, I know very will, sir where to write your name, please could you stop joking and could you tell me your last name?"

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    My real name is Liisa, which derives from Elisabeth. Here in Finland there's a lot of double i's, a's and so on, which is why English-speaking people often get confused and call me Lissa or Lisa - hence they simply call me 'Lily'.

My whole name.. (get prepared!)
    Liisa Riitta Kaarina Syväsalmi. eeeekkk.
    (Syväsalmi means 'deep strait' in Finnish. don't even try to mention anything about salami. I've heard that one a lot. )
    So...how do we pronounce your name Liisa?

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

"Name?"
    "Fernando"
    "Last name?"
    "Felipe"
    "No no... LAST name..."
    ""

Sometimes I envy people with special or interesting names. Mine is very normal. Yes, I know when people keep asking the same questions about your name can be a pain in the ass but still. I envy you sometimes.
    Maybe there your name is nothing special, but it's very special and unique here.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

My sister once went to school with a boy who was called Mies ('Man' in Finnish), and the others kept saying 'What's up, Man?'. Poor boy. Cruel parents. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So...how do we pronounce your name Liisa?
    http://forvo.com/word/liisa/

Perhaps this helps? ^^ (roll down) No idea how that sounds, as I'm deaf, but Finnish is mostly pronounced as it's written.

And hey, hey, Nikolett is SUPER beautiful name!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My first name starts with an S.
    My middle name starts with an S.
    My last name starts with an S.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My real name is Liisa, which derives from Elisabeth. Here in Finland there's a lot of double i's, a's and so on, which is why English-speaking people often get confused and call me Lissa or Lisa - hence they simply call me 'Lily'.

My whole name.. (get prepared!)
    Liisa Riitta Kaarina Syväsalmi. eeeekkk.
    (Syväsalmi means 'deep strait' in Finnish. don't even try to mention anything about salami. I've heard that one a lot. )
    Interestingly enough, I know how to pronounce that. All of that. If only because I study Finnish (among many other languages) in my spare time and got to know the pronunciations of different letter patterns. The "y" in Syväsalmi is pronounces like a "u" or double "o" sound, correct? Like "soo-vah-eh-sahl-mee"? I have the word Lohikäärme written down my right forearm. I'm sure you know what it means. I chose it specifically because of the meaning. I'm a quarter Swedish, but I liked the Finnish word better.

My real name is Candice Nicole Wozniak. I go by Candice Wozniak Dionysus, and will one day have it legally changed as such. I may keep the middle name, I may not. I certainly don't enjoy it much at this point, nor have I ever. But my father chose it, and I think it would hurt his feelings if I didn't keep it. Its what he would have named me if my mom hadn't insisted on being the one to choose the first name.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Its not "Steven Stephan Stevens" is it? Because I know a man with that name.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Dionysus View Post
    Its not "Steven Stephan Stevens" is it? Because I know a man with that name.
    obviously it must be silly stinky sally
    dunno about the rest of u but I think a name with all S's at the start of each part couldnt possibly be anything but that

As for me
    my names Nathaniel Israel Maxson
    but I go by Nate
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I've always loved the name Nathaniel. I don't know why, but I always have.

And now that you mention it, I do think that makes the most sense for all S's for initials. [nodnod]
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

it's Silly SMELLY Sally, thank you very much.

Country
    Country Flag

Interestingly enough, I know how to pronounce that. All of that. If only because I study Finnish (among many other languages) in my spare time and got to know the pronunciations of different letter patterns. The "y" in Syväsalmi is pronounces like a "u" or double "o" sound, correct? Like "soo-vah-eh-sahl-mee"? I have the word Lohikäärme written down my right forearm. I'm sure you know what it means. I chose it specifically because of the meaning. I'm a quarter Swedish, but I liked the Finnish word better.
    I indeed know what Lohikäärme means. Way cooler than Swedish Drake, isn't it? Happy to hear someone's actually studying Finnish! It's apparently one of the world's hardest languages to learn, so.. respect! That pronouncation seems about right, yeah.

Based on the names of my Norwegian friends, I'll guess the following:
    Stian Svein Strøm. *drumroll*

Country
    Country Flag

I indeed know what Lohikäärme means. Way cooler than Swedish Drake, isn't it? Happy to hear someone's actually studying Finnish! It's apparently one of the world's hardest languages to learn, so.. respect! That pronouncation seems about right, yeah.
    I'm glad I did get it right. So then the whole thing would be pronounced "Lee-ee-sah Ree-ee-tah Kah-ah-ree-nah Soo-vah-eh-sahl-mee." Roughly. I'm very good with languages. The hardest language, in my opinion, is Korean. Compared with Finnish, or with Russian, or with even Japanese, trying to learn Korean is like being an amatuer mountain climber trying to take on Everest. I gave up on it. I never give up on a langauge, but I gave up on it.

Yeah, it is far, far cooler than Drake. Also, it was the one out of Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish that was actually long enough to fit down my arm. Which helped. I'm going to get Dragons added on over time, twining around the rest of my arm, all in a tangle. Its going to look very awesome.

Maybe you can help me with learning Finnish? Little, basic things. Greetings, farewells, random bits of general conversation... Sentence structure. Thats the one I have a problem with, is it similar to English sentence structure? Or is it more like Japanese or French?

I have to go to sleep now, so I can actually wake up for work in the morning. You should PM me, and we should talk more. But for now, its lights out for me.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on the names of my Norwegian friends, I'll guess the following:
    Stian Svein Strøm. *drumroll*
    Holy smokes! you got one right!

Country
    Country Flag

*evil cackle* I KNEW one of them had to be right!
    You Norwegians are predictable when it's about names, aren't you? ^^

(Candice, I will PM you later today, my brains aren't quite working yet. We are well met! )

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i had a friend whose first name was daniel, middle name anthony, last name began with an N. yes, his name was daniel, and his initials were DAN.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My first name starts with an B.
    My middle name starts with an B.
    My last name starts with an B.

Actually, my name's pretty well known excluding my middle name which only a couple people know.

If you rescue me

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

<----- Christopher Blaine Cook

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast